LegacyGT.com

Opinions stg3 on build

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which is why the first three are with my new larger intake.

I should probably mention that my rev limit is set at 7500 and I haven't been able to get a log up to it.

That last log just so happen to cut out after 6200 RPMs, even though I ran to at least 7k.

Edited by Strizzy

I might try hardwiring my tactrix to the OBD today and try that, just to take a possible bad connection out of the equation.

Someone also recommend I try using a power inverter and plug my laptop into it while logging, as that's the only way they are able to log their STI.

Meth may be in my future. But I already have the upgraded fueling parts available to me for cheap. If I can find gas stations in the area that have unleaded 100 (or higher) I would actually consider DDing on race gas. A speedway a few blocks from me has 114 for 4.99/gal but it's leaded (they don't know the price is set wrong ;))

It was low voltage going to the chassis and the ECU should be protected from that kind of stuff. And there would be other problems too.

I wasn't having any other issues before, so I have a hard time believing my map is the issue. Especially since I'll get a random full log.

Just some dumb suggestions to check from me that's all, after seeing your car at the shop, and what the guys there were telling me :)

I sort of remember have some minor logging issues while I was stage 2, but not as bad as it is now. That was way before anything was really modified.

I'm pretty sure it's some crazy electrical interference/noise, and I just need to figure out a way to figure it out. It looks like I may be able to make something to block out the interference when logging though. I'll have to do a little more research before building it and plugging it in.

From doing a LOT of reading, it seems Subaru didn't quite follow the OBD pinout specifications.

Pin4, of the OBD port/Data Link Connector is supposed to be a chassis ground, and Pin5 should be a SIGNAL ground. From what I've read, Subaru has Pin4 and 5 both grounded to the chassis. I'm assuming the signal ground is supposed from the ECU?

I have one if you need it.

Thanks. I'll let you know if I can't find mine. I saw it a couple weeks ago, but I forget where :lol:

I have a cig lighter plug for my laptop. I haven't tried logging with it plugged in. I don't see how it could fix it, but it's worth a shot.

Take the laptop battery out when it's plugged in. Apparently it help reduce electrical noise by making sure the laptop is grounded with the car.

I'm also thinking of using a connecting a small capacitor between Pin7 and Pin5. Pin7 is the SSM signal (K-line), and Pin5 should be the SSM signal ground, as required for OBD.

Hopefully this will reduce/remove any unwanted high frequency noise. I just need to figure out what size capacitor to use. It's been a while since my EET classes.

I added a 0.1μF capacitor between OBD pin5 and pin7. I can now log my first full after plugging in the Tactrix and starting RR. My second pull cuts out.

But this time, my second logs shows timing being pulled. It almost seems as if before FBKC goes back to 0, the logger cuts. Also, on my last log, it shows me as not being 100% on the throttle, but I'm pretty damn sure I didn't let off at all.

New logs attached.

romraiderlog_20120330_192856.csv

romraiderlog_20120330_193036.csv

romraiderlog_20120330_195228.csv

romraiderlog_20120330_195520.csv

Have you guys tried different cables?

This. I was having intermittent problems and then went to a new cable with a choke on it. No problems at all logging now, zero.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I tried 6 different OP2, 4 laptops, multiple USB cables, and pretty much anything else you can think of. My current USB cable even has 5 chokes.

Your car hates you.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.