LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

^^^ yes :lol: , It seems if you drive a Subaru other than a STi. You don't get any respect. A racing stripe on a LGT is like when Subaru's had fake hood scoops. People would just think your a poser & your car is all show with no go.:) Until they see nothing but taillight:eek::lol:.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i creamed a z06 today in the rain from a stop light :D

the driveability of the buckaru is stupid good. no more rolling your eyes everytime you take off from idle.

i'm dong over 700 km per week of driving. stuck in traffic jams, highway, stop n go city.

things to do

finish hood scoop n paint

install megashift tranny controler

install warbro 255 pump

reconect ac pressure side hoses and charge.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

yea i creamed a z06 today in the rain from a stop light :D

the driveability of the buckaru is stupid good. no more rolling your eyes everytime you take off from idle.

i'm dong over 700 km per week of driving. stuck in traffic jams, highway, stop n go city.

I can imagine. If only CA allowed this kind of modification! Ontario wasn't too bad - I added a supercharger to my Corrado VR6, and it passed smog just fine..

i am fairly sure i can get mine to pass smog testing .

Your exhaust could consist of cats from headers to tips, pass smog better than a Prius, and still out run almost any LGT here.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i am fairly sure i can get mine to pass smog testing .

Sniffer, probably. Visual? I doubt you'd pass in CA. They regularly take away shop licenses for people "faking" smog certification.

Quick summary (found on another forum, but I believe it's accurate):

The engine must be from the same year or newer and have ALL the emissions equipment which was originally supplied with the donor engine from the factory.

If the donor engine is computer controlled (OBDI or OBDII), the diagnostic port and SES light must be installed and operate properly. This means that if the donor vehicle had fuel tank with pressure sensor and vapor solenoid etc, etc, then the fuel tank from the donor needs to be installed also. The PCM cannot be reprogrammed to delete DTC, and the PCM cannot be throwing DTC (SES light illuminated).

So, you'd have to use a 2005 or later Buick engine - AND include all emission equipment from that car. Even if it passes the sniffer, it still has to pass a visual.

They actually check under the vehicle for the correct number of cat bulges in the pipes, the correct engine, etc. IIRC, they also check for the OEM stamp on the turbo for turbo cars. So, bye bye Holset..

Guess why I went with OEM pipes (delete 1st cat), stock TMIC (reinforced), and a BNR evo16g? I passed smog. The sniffer wasn't a big deal - the visual inspection is what I was worried about...

i crossed the border into NY today to pick up some car parts

i hand the border guy my passport.

border guy: tis your subaru

me: yep

borderguy; you do the work n the car your self

me:yep

border guy;it does'n't sound like a subaru did you change something?

me; yea a few things

border guy ; like?

me; put a grandnational engine in

border guy; ( hands me my passport ) sir could you open your hood.

me: don't u mean my trunk?

border guy: no i don't believe you about that engine

me; (poped hood got out of the car)

border guy: sweet jesus .... is it still awd?

me; yep

border guy; is that a part of a speed sign welded to your hood. (looks at the line up of cars)

me; yep , i swiped it

border guy: no you obtained it! well you better go now.. just open your trunk so i can make it look like a search.

me ; thanks

border guy : let it rip on your way out.

me; yep

Here's a link about repairing the Endura (rubber) bumper on the 70 GTO. The products and the techniques might be of some use for you on your hoodscoop project, since I don't know how all of that bondo will hold up.

http://www.goatsgarage.com/bumplft.html

i just had a chat with a body guy after the border incident.

he said usualy the bondo cracks on hoods if the scoop or what ever is not correctly attached and thus causing expansion problems.

since i have it welded on it "should" be fine bu i dunno .. what ever if it cracks i'll fix it.

oh mr stoplight assassin i challenge you to a duel :eek:

I read the whole thread and I don't think I saw a picture of the adapter plate that mates the GM engine to Suby tranny. Did I miss it?

post #233 on page 16

and 248 on page 17

^uh?

its fmic

the scoop is now only there to blow some cool air onto the turbo and other hotstuff.

and i did this mod because i had intake manifold, rad cap and fuel rail exposed. and i dont want a giant wrx scoop. this should end up being some what subtle and stock ish appearance

BUT i do think it does flow air better this way tho but i have no data to back it up

Oops,

Forgot about that one point. (FMIC) still an interesting concept for us remaining TMIC'ers since you can essentially mimic the new WRX scoop with your method.

street signs in canada are aluminum well at least quebec ..

You could make a tidy profit by "obtaining" signs, "sanitizing" them, then selling them in the USA for scrap.

The price of aluminum is pretty high these days.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard