LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^uh?

its fmic

the scoop is now only there to blow some cool air onto the turbo and other hotstuff.

and i did this mod because i had intake manifold, rad cap and fuel rail exposed. and i dont want a giant wrx scoop. this should end up being some what subtle and stock ish appearance

BUT i do think it does flow air better this way tho but i have no data to back it up

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

$0.02.... I think it would look better if it extended rearward to cover the entire factory scoop. It's starting to look like a scoop on a scoop... I think it's going to be tough to make that look like a single scoop.

Props to you for tackling the job though. I'd kinda like to put a bigger scoop on my car and use it for an air intake (MAF-less) but I'm totally afraid if how my handiwork would turn out. :)

I think I would have done a scoop delete, and just had a bump in the hood (like a 370Z)
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

$0.02.... I think it would look better if it extended rearward to cover the entire factory scoop. It's starting to look like a scoop on a scoop... I think it's going to be tough to make that look like a single scoop.

Props to you for tackling the job though. I'd kinda like to put a bigger scoop on my car and use it for an air intake (MAF-less) but I'm totally afraid if how my handiwork would turn out. :)

well its the same size its just to extend the factory scoop towards the front of the car

• Mega Users

That was my first reaction as well. But I think it's an illusion from the different colors. It looks like it's tiered.

I'm curious about the side profile of it.

further progress about half a gallon of bondo ( yes i suck )

filling . sanding .. filling .. .more sanding ..

now i painted with some paint i would never use that was laying around so i could see the shine to figure out the rest of the bad spots ..

would be nice to have a bolt on scoop like this ..

IMG_2020.thumb.jpg.05ae91227204a2f5a2e795763949606c.jpg

IMG_2021.thumb.jpg.8a5a51290d55ebb098c1fc5e65e408a9.jpg

IMG_2022.thumb.jpg.c955419a91659d972b7dd4e4b400b206.jpg

IMG_2023.thumb.jpg.bf901a78adedbc8d212c3a05190e2baa.jpg

IMG_2024.thumb.jpg.f29637e3410344693f01795665b31fac.jpg

IMG_2025.thumb.jpg.70015fe838d61b9485e8c0f9623b6c2a.jpg

IMG_2026.thumb.jpg.4cb910a14836a8b25bf68df5568ae257.jpg

Are you using a special kind of bondo or something? Every bondo'ed hood I've ever seen ends up cracking.

its not special.

and i'm not saying it won't i'm learning. but people told me that as long as the surface is roughed up with 30 grit it sticks pretty good.

but i'm not so sure about the aluminum hood to this type of bondo.