LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

Oddly it was this Canadian who turned me on to American engines, nothing to do with Texas.

I didn't mean that - I meant that they'll let you pass smog/emissions with a V8 in your car.. Trying that in CA would be way too expensive to even try to pass smog

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh .. well i would just up the boost :)

but if i had to .. i would probably just wire it to a gm type throttle body it might work.

if not take the servo and attach it to the throttle body you want to have through some complicated system of levers strings and cogs

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

so i'm thinking about going to a dyno next week, but i would only be doing it for your amusement. so send me money and i'll go and pm the donators the dyno sheets !

• 1 month later...

so went to the drags last night. with a best time of 13.7 @99 mph with 5 lbs boost. and pretty lame launch due to shitty traction at the track.

i did raise the boost to 14 lbs but my tranny didn't like that 3rd gear shift was a bit slow.and 4th didnt grab at all. but i think the subau map sensor poped off so tranny wasn't getting full pressure.

I'm still amazed by this car and what you've done with it. Thanks for the update.

Be sure and let us know how fast it is...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

bihsoccer14 came up from VT i took him for a run the car actually spun the 4 wheels shifting into 2nd just to give you an idea of traction conditions. and my ice tires.

so went to the drags last night. with a best time of 13.7 @99 mph with 5 lbs boost. and pretty lame launch due to shitty traction at the track.

i did raise the boost to 14 lbs but my tranny didn't like that 3rd gear shift was a bit slow.and 4th didnt grab at all. but i think the subau map sensor poped off so tranny wasn't getting full pressure.

I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere, but what kind of tranny are you running?

I wonder if you cranked the boost and fuel up on one of those things (like the diesel truck guys do) how much power you could make? it's already making about 250 ft lbs of torque from a 2.0l engine!

300 hp easy.

I wonder if you cranked the boost and fuel up on one of those things (like the diesel truck guys do) how much power you could make? it's already making about 250 ft lbs of torque from a 2.0l engine!

There's already a box available that claims to turn up the torque from 350Nm to 420Nm. And I suspect that you can get more than that from it, but at the cost of reliability and fuel consumption.

453747.png

• 4 weeks later...

update just turned 180 000 kms

and its been great on gas. i calibrated the maf to show very close to spot on instant and avg fuel economy .

the center diff bushings are also holding up fine!

IMG_2391.thumb.jpg.0db3a3c57ada8e537ea3d9802219813c.jpg

IMG_2392.thumb.jpg.d79615ad861e03235f0254184cfa9979.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
update just turned 180 000 kms

and its been great on gas. i calibrated the maf to show very close to spot on instant and avg fuel economy .

the center diff bushings are also holding up fine!

25.2 MPG, that isn't bad at all. I'm currently averaging like 22-23 mixed driving. I was getting 27 hwy mainly last year. But I'm sure you have atleast double the power than I do. Me=envious.

it was bad as shit on gas for a while. i kept advancing the ignition timming and it kept getting worse and worse. i went up to 46 deg advance now i'm running 23-25 and wow what a difference. i wonder what the subie motors would do if you retarded the timming a shit load to 23-25 deg in cruse areas

it was bad as shit on gas for a while. i kept advancing the ignition timming and it kept getting worse and worse. i went up to 46 deg advance now i'm running 23-25 and wow what a difference. i wonder what the subie motors would do if you retarded the timming a shit load to 23-25 deg in cruse areas

I know someone who runs timing in cruise in the 35* range. It runs great, but the EGTs are high. I believe Subaru runs in the 40~* range in cruise to help emissions and keep EGTs down.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.