LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

thats a hell of a distance and incline for 'getting back' into running shape... 9's is pretty much what i could do right now for half of that if i was lucky. lol

Cant believe how much speed and stamina i lost in a few months.

Yeah, I got ahead of myself a bit. Paying for it today.

I've got a trail-half coming up that I'd like to do well in. There are two, 1500 ft climbs @ miles 5 & 8, so I'm really trying to climb and descend as much as I can in preparation.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do I get rid of that last little bit of fat layer so I can show off great abs? I've lost a bit over 15lbs and nearly 2 pant sizes. I still work out 4-5 days a week, but I feel that I've plateaued. Any advice?

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

^^^If its ab display you're after, the diet may need a bit more tweaking. Carbs at night? Booze? You see where I'm going with this...

Or...maybe just give yourself a break. Sounds like you've lost a fair amount of weight, sometimes the belly stuff can be the last to go. May just need to stick with it for a few more weeks.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, however. When I see someone (who I know is not a pro) that's crazy cut, I usually think "eating-disorder," or "mommy-issues," or at least "low self-esteem," you know, that kind of thing. I'm no slouch, but the lifestyle necessary to maintain high levels of definition is no fun at all, and can easily hold back the athlete that has to deal with reality.

• I Donated Too
How do I get rid of that last little bit of fat layer so I can show off great abs? I've lost a bit over 15lbs and nearly 2 pant sizes. I still work out 4-5 days a week, but I feel that I've plateaued. Any advice?

change your routine. system needs a shock

• I Donated Too
Experimented with some front squats tonight on my de-load week. Those ******* sucked. Think I'm going to add them into my squat night routine.

yeah i need to try them. Takin a break from squats this week though. Been goin hard at them 3-4 days a week. Now my hip is buggin me. :(

• I Donated Too

No troll. Not 2 reps. Typically start my workouts with 4 sets squats and 3 sets deadlifts. Posterior chain work is the basis for good foundation/core and for burning fat (which is what I'm trying to do).

Squats:

135x10

185x10

225x8

255x5

and hitting legs hard that often during the week is accomplishing what:confused:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Posterior chain work is the basis for good foundation/core and for burning fat (which is what I'm trying to do).

this is true laff, and there are other workouts you can do that are also good for fat burning. keep working those legs as much as you are and you'll be on the road to injury.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• I Donated Too
and hitting legs hard that often during the week is accomplishing what:confused:

there are plenty of people that can attest to the benefits of squatting more than once a week. My wife, being a fitness trainer, can attest.

Not sure what he's accomplishing by beating his chest in this thread or working legs that much. If he really wanted to burn fat he would learn interval training.

Not beating chest. I said that my hip was bothering me so I'm taking some time off/deloading volume on my squats. Fully aware of interval. Do plenty of it on the treadmill. Thanks for playing though.

this is true laff, and there are other workouts you can do that are also good for fat burning. keep working those legs as much as you are and you'll be on the road to injury.

See previous post. Keep runnin your yap and you'll be on the road to injury...brah. :lol:

Wiseass answers and calling me a troll? yeah ok

Squatting more than once a week is fine, going "hard" isn't. What you posted for squats sounds like a good warm up, so it's good that you're not actually going that hard 3-4 times a week.

there are plenty of people that can attest to the benefits of squatting more than once a week. My wife, being a fitness trainer, can attest.

Not beating chest. I said that my hip was bothering me so I'm taking some time off/deloading volume on my squats. Fully aware of interval. Do plenty of it on the treadmill. Thanks for playing though.

See previous post. Keep runnin your yap and you'll be on the road to injury...brah. :lol:

Hi.......been in the fitness industry for over 12+ years. :lol: And I said nothing bad about not squatting more than once a week. clearly there are benefits to doing so. however you might have already proved my point if your hip hurts. (speculating). good that you have backed off.

have you figured out what's going on with it?

Interval is not just meant for treadmill either.

and dude.....chill out. Not challenging you. we are questioning the methods to your madness.

• I Donated Too
Wiseass answers and calling me a troll? yeah ok

Squatting more than once a week is fine, going "hard" isn't. What you posted for squats sounds like a good warm up, so it's good that you're not actually going that hard 3-4 times a week.

You can dish it but can't take it. It's ok brah, we're all gonna make it.

And yes, I'm not "going hard" by your definition. Still a relative n00b to powerlifting. Most I've put up is 275 at this point. Not bad for only starting 6 weeks ago with squats.

If your goal is burning fat and you still want to get in a leg workout, consider doing box jumps for reps and power cleaning instead of doing squats half the time. Start with a light weight if your hip isn't feeling up to it, though.

so what's going on with the hip?

• I Donated Too
Hi.......been in the fitness industry for over 12+ years. :lol: And I said nothing bad about not squatting more than once a week. clearly there are benefits to doing so. however you might have already proved my point if your hip hurts. (speculating). good that you have backed off.

have you figured out what's going on with it?

Interval is not just meant for treadmill either.

and dude.....chill out. Not challenging you. we are questioning the methods to your madness.

not really sure yet. It's relieved by Aleve 400mg's lol.

I'm aware of interval training NOT on the treadmill as well. thnx

I was totally breaking balls. Not even mad bro. ;)

• I Donated Too
If your goal is burning fat and you still want to get in a leg workout, consider doing box jumps for reps and power cleaning instead of doing squats half the time. Start with a light weight if your hip isn't feeling up to it, though.

I ******* hate box jumps but I know their benefits and I'm currently working on my clean n press form.

Walking lunges with weights are also the bane of my existence.

That's the thing about working out. You hate stuff because they're hard and you're not good at them, and they're hard and you're not good at them because they use muscles that you don't usually train and need work. Ask me how much I used to hate London Bridges until I built up my back muscles that had been neglected.

Archived