LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you guys do to maintain your weight? Basically I'm down to what I want to be and don't see a need to lose much more.

I found that once I got to my target weight, and got rid of the extra padding, I continued to lose about 5-10 pounds until my body's balance between exercise and calorie intake leveled naturally (about 4 months) and then it came back up to my target weight. I continued to eat high protein (primarily eggs, nuts, beans, turkey, chicken and fish...no beef or pork), medium carb, and lots of fruits and veggies, but not excessively or sparingly on anything, just what I needed, and nothing more. I continued exercising with weights and strength classes but I only run half as much or less than I used to and have had no problem maintaining weight.

This whole process of losing 25 pounds, changing my eating habits, changing my body shape, and adopting an overall better fitness lifestyle has taken about 2 to 3 years. Now I have gradually started to re-introduce beef 1 or 2 times a week, and I am really noticing that I am able to gain weight back but this time it is all muscle. I found that gaining muscle mass without the beef was virtually impossible for me.

I am 43 and have never looked better, felt better, felt stronger, or been more fit, and my skinny ass arms, shoulders and chest are not so skinny anymore. Woot!! Time for that arm band tattoo to go with my new biceps.

I thought u had like "6 sets of kettlebells" already. No?

Those things ain't cheap, especially for someone that's poor. Just sayin

I do have a few, though I want a heavier one, it is not like i am buying a car, it is $150 which is well worth it. Of course i am poor i am a college student, you are going to have to try harder than that to insult me. Just saying

Must be why I can't read :)

Anyways, you know I was busting on you. Your school (unfortunately) is great

:lol: i know.

but i wasn't busting on you.

just kidding

back on topic, tomorrow is thursday, which means clean and press day :D

Archived