LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

joint or muscular? where?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a big word:lol: you pull that out of your wifes anatomy book?

that's an odd place. so it feels more like a bone injury?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

that's a big word:lol: you pull that out of your wifes anatomy book?

that's an odd place. so it feels more like a bone injury?

That's a big area;)!Lot's going on there.

Best of luck Laff, hip stuff is rough. May want to back off the "ass-to-grass" approach as well. I did, at least. I actually found that it was often harder to catch myself at just past 90 degrees than it was to drop all the way to the floor.

Anyhow, I'll be the first to admit that its the ego that has the hardest time resting/recovering, not the injury. Godspeed.

yeah I'm dealing with some IT Band issues as well as some knotted up quad muscles in my left leg. basically from my knee to my hip is all effed up right now. on the mend. little better today. can't sit at my desk long, have to modify it to a standing work station periodically

^^^You getting that intense knee pain as well where the IT reconnects?

As an expert, what are your thoughts on the foam roller/smr? I've seen a new study or two that seem to support what guys like Boyle have been saying for years, but I kinda feel like a hamster running a wheel on my roller lately.

Boyle??

firm believer in the foam roller. I use it often. as well as rolling on tennis balls, baseballs and lacrosse balls. I'm even known to use a 45lb Olympic bar to roll out my quads. KStarr is my hero: http://www.mobilitywod.com/

no, I get my knee pain under the knee cap/or two the inside. Not all the time.

You know I'm a nurse, right? lol

no. If it was skeletal, it would still hurt. definitely cartilaginous/muscular/tendonitis type hurt

no I didn't. :lol:

reminds me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLTIcQ58dD8

by looking at your avatar....first think you need to work on is dat ass!:lol:

^^^If its ab display you're after, the diet may need a bit more tweaking. Carbs at night? Booze? You see where I'm going with this...

Or...maybe just give yourself a break. Sounds like you've lost a fair amount of weight, sometimes the belly stuff can be the last to go. May just need to stick with it for a few more weeks.

I wouldn't sweat it too much, however. When I see someone (who I know is not a pro) that's crazy cut, I usually think "eating-disorder," or "mommy-issues," or at least "low self-esteem," you know, that kind of thing. I'm no slouch, but the lifestyle necessary to maintain high levels of definition is no fun at all, and can easily hold back the athlete that has to deal with reality.

Thanks for the advice.. Overall I'm happy with my weight and definition and I still like the occasional cookie or ice cream.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Down some 14 lbs in the past ~6 weeks by just making slight changes to my diet. No cardio, either. (aint nobody got time for that!) Probably at 9-11% bf now (down from 13.5%), but not stopping til I hit 6, or the summer ends, whichever comes first!

I'll likely have to throw in some HIIT to keep the fat burning as it gets lower and lower, though. I have seriously never been this cut since I was a scrawny teenager.

Anyone have any tips to help cut the last few lbs? Already on the lower calorie, low carb (only complex), tons-of-raw-veggies and water diet.

^^^Sounds like you're pretty much there, no? Maybe just a few more weeks? And yes, spike that heart-rate, especially if you lack time for low-and-slow "cardio."

That's serious shrinkage, congrats! Wait, errrr....you know what I mean...

^^^Sounds like you're pretty much there, no? Maybe just a few more weeks? And yes, spike that heart-rate, especially if you lack time for low-and-slow "cardio."

That's serious shrinkage, congrats! Wait, errrr....you know what I mean...

:lol: Thanks! That was last week's weight. Got to the gym this morning and weighed 195 for a total of 18 lbs lost. People might hate me for this, but I seriously can't believe it has been this easy!

I suppose I can fit that in. The new substation I work at has ~2/3 mile of gravel "track" on the inside perimeter that I can use for a quick 20 min. session in the mornings twice a week. Time to pack my running shoes!

LOL @ 6% bf goal

???

Should I be aiming for 4%? :p

• 2 weeks later...
Consistantly eating 5 - 6 small meals a day for the past week. Starting to see more definition in muscle and less fat now. Plus, working out 6 days a week, I'll soon have that summer bod again.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Nice work! The pain will lessen as you keep at it!

Aim for no walk breaks even if it means shorter mileage. Then slowly increase the mileage

You wanna be able to run the whole thing :)

you mean as a marker for where to center it?

I guess you could use it as that too. The knurling digs in and grips your shirt as well. Only non-bent bars left are smooth in the center lol.

Archived