LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup the Spartan run is awesome. I've never done it myself but my friends do it every year. I plan to do it this year for sure. I have a mudrun Saturday and a 5k 2 weeks from now called "Digital Dash" They place trance/house/techno music while you run around with lights going and stuff then they have a big afterparty with EDC dj's doing some set's. only cost me $27 so I was like HELL YEAH..

• I Donated Too
I do have a few, though I want a heavier one, it is not like i am buying a car, it is $150 which is well worth it. Of course i am poor i am a college student, you are going to have to try harder than that to insult me. Just saying

Easy bro. Not tryin to insult at all. Don't taze me bro!

Low bar back squats (henceforth: squats) will train the posterior chain much more effectively than front squats, making them better suited for novices. Front squats have their place but as far as effectiveness "value" (that is, for the time spent) for beginners, squats are where it's at.

Try doing 3x5 instead of 4x10 if you want to increase strength in the squat more quickly.

Back squats are a big no no for me, I do plenty of clean and presses as well as snatches. Those two exercises. IMO, are the best way to work on the posterior chain

Both great exercises, but inherently less effective in training the posterior chain and stretch reflex since they start from the floor or hang position. Also, since they are "power" lifts you are working at a submaximal load as compared to squats or deadlifts.

I'm not putting down either lift, just offering my opinion that they shouldn't replace a back squat for a novice or beginner. You are at a much further point in your progression than laff79, so what is ideal for you is not necessarily ideal for him.

still working on my form in clean n press. frustrating

Unsolicited advice - try training your press separately from your power cleans. They will both advance more quickly and once the form is down you can integrate the two.

• I Donated Too
Both great exercises, but inherently less effective in training the posterior chain and stretch reflex since they start from the floor or hang position. Also, since they are "power" lifts you are working at a submaximal load as compared to squats or deadlifts.

I'm not putting down either lift, just offering my opinion that they shouldn't replace a back squat for a novice or beginner. You are at a much further point in your progression than laff79, so what is ideal for you is not necessarily ideal for him.

Unsolicited advice - try training your press separately from your power cleans. They will both advance more quickly and once the form is down you can integrate the two.

truth. I'm still building my core strength back up. Thanks for the advice

Takes a lot of time to get clean and press, there is a lot going on at once. If you follow it in this sequence it might help: pull up, shrug, toes, elbows up, squat down and catch

Luckily my wife is a fitness trainer and has been showing me stuff step by step. She has better form than most of the guys at our gym.

Luckily my wife is a fitness trainer and has been showing me stuff step by step. She has better form than most of the guys at our gym.

This is great. Having a training partner, especially one with a professional background, is huge. My wife and I had a really good system of queues and had been training together for ~2.5 years. Now that she is six months preggers and hasn't been lifting I miss having my training buddy there.

My lifts are nothing to brag about but she was squatting 245 for 3x5 before she stopped, and that is bellow parallel for all reps. :)

truth. I'm still building my core strength back up. Thanks for the advice

Hahah, most guys at the gym don't know the correct form, my strength coach for wrestling is an Olympic trainer and an ex olymian himswld, I learned from him pretty quickly

Looks like this new work schedule (11 hour days, 70 miles away) is going to throw a wrench into my current 5 days-per-week routine. :(

I guess I'll have to make do with legs/abs on saturdays and chest/back on sundays. I just ordered some cheap 52 lb adjustable dumbells from amazon so I can work arms and shoulders while on break at work. Can't lose my gains!

Getting back into running shape hurts: Just shy of 8 miles w/2k ft. of climbing in 1:12...where's the puke bucket?

My dog, however, is insatiable, and is currently running the most aggressive hot laps the backyard has ever seen while I sit here and wonder if one can die of side-ache.

Getting back into running shape hurts: Just shy of 8 miles w/2k ft. of climbing in 1:12...where's the puke bucket?

My dog, however, is insatiable, and is currently running the most aggressive hot laps the backyard has ever seen while I sit here and wonder if one can die of side-ache.

thats a hell of a distance and incline for 'getting back' into running shape... 9's is pretty much what i could do right now for half of that if i was lucky. lol

Cant believe how much speed and stamina i lost in a few months.

Archived