LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

I"m not power lifter, but I do like lifting legs heavy. saw this video yesterday. pretty cool.

Warning: Language

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_LQtc0ALQ]Powerlifting: The Mentality - YouTube[/ame]

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess you could use it as that too. The knurling digs in and grips your shirt as well. Only non-bent bars left are smooth in the center lol.

Same at mine. Of course they won't replace it... they'll clear out the rack and put in two more elliptical machines.

You should see the spot where we deadlift. The floor is so crooked you have to stand near 45* to the wall or the bar will keep rolling away from you on one side. :lol:

started lifting legs again. heavy:)

started two weeks ago. have two mild bulged disc in my neck and my chiro suggested putting anything heavy on my neck again. Plus my low back is a bit of a mess right now. trying to mend it.

so for now I'm sticking with leg press for heavy lifting. adding in extensions, lunges and leg curls soon.

2 weeks ago I pressed 540lbs 3 sets/8reps

this week I pressed 630lbs 1 set/3 reps. that was tough. I should've stuck with 540, but i wanted to see how much I could press.

have to admit...my motivation is a bit two fold. First, I have a friend, a fellow mountain biker who was diagnosed with head/neck cancer 18 months ago. after major surgery to remove part of his trap and jugular and then finished it with a heavy course of chemo and radiation. He went from 250lbs of muscle to 160lbs of nothing.

but he kicked it. Until a few months ago. they found some in his left lung. inoperable. He's got 6 months.

so my motivation to start lifting again was driven partially by his inability to lift again. Second, I miss it. :cool:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Officially lost 21 lbs now. (Down to 192) and just deadlifted 395x1 last night. Pretty happy that I'm lifting over twice my bodyweight now!

Lost ~1" off my arms though, so I know some of my weight loss has been muscle. :(

When I get back from vacation next week, I won't be so strict with my diet, and I'll try and get some muscle back.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been on the bike in over a year, ever since my riding buddy moved to VA. Little over 12 miles outside the city is a general store where the rode forks, it's a hangout/break area for most riders and a good place to meet new friends. Yesterday there was a pack of 12 women riders getting ready to ride up the first mountain. If only if I was in better shape, I would of love to join them. :)

Joined 3 other guys heading back into town, except they were riding at a much slower pace than I wanted. So, at the last hill I said F this noise, I'm outta here and time trial all the way back home.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Haven't been on the bike in over a year, ever since my riding buddy moved to VA. Little over 12 miles outside the city is a general store where the rode forks, it's a hangout/break area for most riders and a good place to meet new friends. Yesterday there was a pack of 12 women riders getting ready to ride up the first mountain. If only if I was in better shape, I would of love to join them. :)

Joined 3 other guys heading back into town, except they were riding at a much slower pace than I wanted. So, at the last hill I said F this noise, I'm outta here and time trial all the way back home.

i should get back on my bike.. i bought a sweet specialized a couple/three ys ago, and id be lucky if theres 500 miles on it!

Right calf still strained... on day 4 of taking it ez. If it doesn't go away in a few more days I'll head out to the Dr.

good luck man

i should get back on my bike.. i bought a sweet specialized a couple/three ys ago, and id be lucky if theres 500 miles on it!

Yes you should, I'm sure you didn't buy it for a piece of art.;) I'm still rock'n my 1988 race/triathlon bike with updated componets. Love the frame even more now since it's a classic

My wife's balls are delicious.

Speaking of my bike... So i was at a triathlon... and my bike was racked. Someone racked their identical bike (with the exception of frame size), right next to mine... Now i've never seen anyone with my bike before in the precise model, year, and color scheme. So it caught my eye. Then the owner walked over. Hot blonde. I made a couple jokes about my bike and hers, and she joke back telling that i rode a chicks bike. Then i realized... It was Lindsey Jacobellis, pro/olympic snowboarder!

http://lindseyjacobellis.com/gallery/

My calf still feels strained after a week. I pushed myself to run an 8 min mile and all of sudden my right calf cramped up. It's most sore in the AM, but as the day goes by it loosens up. But it still is a bit sore when I walk. I was thinking of going to the Dr. next week. Any advice on what I should do?

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

how did you strain it? I've strained a groin muscle before during a cx race. i found wrapping it with an ace bandage helped. just to keep everything together.

can try icing it and putting a wrap on it. see a PT to help get it worked on. if it's a bad strain you just might need that

• 2 weeks later...

Archived