LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

agreed. im a fan of not needing a gimmick or a fad to workout. Especially with cardio. The most effective way to burn calories is right out the front door.

P90x was pretty awesome though. Bought a set of selectable dumbbells, a pull up bar, push up stands, and went to work.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i stopped running for a couple months... went out last week, and every part of my being itched like i rolled in insulation and posion ivy. And that was after a mile.

I shoulda never stopped.

i remember the first time i started to train for a marathon... first run in the 'training' was a four miler. Longest i had ever run... went out with my wife, and her friend... did 8's somehow.. and then could barely walk for the next week..

I thought that was pain... then the rest of the training came. lol

its a huge mental game. Im not sure how ppl train alone.

Runs will however, give you the opportunity to really let your mind wander and work things out.

Work what out, the pain and the suffering?!?! :lol:

My wife's balls are delicious.

I actually prefer working out with someone else, as long as they're near my level of fitness at least. I find it pushes me just a little more than I can push myself, whether for competitive reasons or just having a spotter for lifting heavy.

I'm the opposite, I find it harder working with someone else, they tend to slow me down. I usually only have 1 hr to workout, so there's no time for talking or waiting for the next set.
My wife's balls are delicious.

i did the half marathon before was not too bad. Old School strength training is the best IMO, more superior than anything else when it comes to seeing a good amount of mass and an incredible amount of strength. For me, it is strength training, grappling and running. I out perform all the cross fit guy when it comes to cross fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived