LegacyGT.com

Diet/Workout Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't get me wrong. I don't mind handing out bits of advice here or there... but I've helped out a few on here more than I should've....and the amount my time and headache it took...I should've charged. I thought that one was going to snowball fast.

but beach season yo!

:soap_box:
but beach season yo!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Not sold on crossfit. I feel like it makes you good at working out and doing mud runs, but that's about it.

if you're a male and you do crossfit. you're a vag. period.

life heavy or go home.

Totally

Not sold on crossfit. I feel like it makes you good at working out

This is the conclusion that I came to, more or less. I still work a Cross program roughly 3 months outta the year.

I discovered that once I reached a certain level, every other sport I engaged in suffered for the sake of Crossfit. The irony...

Oh, and here's a weird little tidbit: those that win the World Games and even some regional events don't actually train Crossfit. They're pros with their own specialized programs and enough knowledge to understand that "Crossfit" proper exhibits decreasing returns in short order.

crossfit does deadlifts, heavy bench press, and squats?

Yes, but while throwing form out the window in favor for speed and rep count. Exactly what you don't want to do for heavy, complex movements.

The leadership in my army unit decided it was the best thing ever and made us do it for a while. I can't believe there weren't more injuries.

Has anyone done Insanity?

My wife did it for a while after doing a Jillian Michaels program to completion. If you aren't in amazing shape already, get ready to half ass every single workout.

Yes, but while throwing form out the window in favor for speed and rep count. Exactly what you don't want to do for heavy, complex movements.

The leadership in my army unit decided it was the best thing ever and made us do it for a while. I can't believe there weren't more injuries.

Agreed. A lot of the workouts I see in crossfit look downright dangerous and you can probably get away with them when you're in your mid to late 20s and in great shape, but a few years of that will take a serious toll on your body.

I played flag football with a bunch of people that did crossfit and I could jump higher and run faster than all of them. They could probably get through a ninja warrior course faster than me, though.

Posted up something about the Open a while back but dont remember seeing any responses. Am I really the only crossfitter on here? First workout will be announced in 30 minutes.

I like crossfit. I'll do some stuff...but I stray from olympic lifts. I have 2 mildly bulged disc in my neck. been told NO heavy lifting over my head anymore and nothing heavy sitting on my shoulders anymore otherwise i'll make it worse. I'm not interested in that.

I think Crossfit can be good but I think it really depends on the quality of the training staff. have seen some great stuff and heard some horrible stuff.

Has anyone done Insanity?

if the fitness test makes you sore for a week....it's probably not the program for you.

My wife did it for a while after doing a Jillian Michaels program to completion. If you aren't in amazing shape already, get ready to half ass every single workout.

^this. and if you have to 1/2 ass it, you are probably better off working within your limits.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived