LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is what I'm working on now. I finally got a uncut beam and I installed the kit on my car today. That second pipe on the hot side is off a bit when you install a STI style turbo. I will be in contact with my manufacture and get new pipes made. It's not just the clock of the turbos that is causing it. If I take out one of the bend on the second hotside pipe it should solve the problem. I don't like it not fitting right and I stand behind my product. I won't turn a blind eye and ignore a problem.

This will be a big undertaking replacing 85 pipes. I will be in contact. Bryan

That is awesome that you would fix this, but to save yourself alot of headache and save some of your profits, I would see who actually needs one and then just have the new pipes with new orders. No point in sending them out if they are just gonna sit on someone's toolbox, like mine. :lol:

Damn it feels good to be STi style...

http://photos.imageevent.com/mattg/legacygt/large/IMG_3753.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/mattg/legacygt/large/IMG_3755.JPG

The second hot pipe is a custom piece that Jarrad from PDX whipped up for me. Neither the original or revised 2nd pipe fit well on my car, this one it fits perfect.

What did you do to get the matte finish on the cold side piping? Looks great!

That is what I'm working on now. I finally got a uncut beam and I installed the kit on my car today. That second pipe on the hot side is off a bit when you install a STI style turbo. I will be in contact with my manufacture and get new pipes made. It's not just the clock of the turbos that is causing it. If I take out one of the bend on the second hotside pipe it should solve the problem. I don't like it not fitting right and I stand behind my product. I won't turn a blind eye and ignore a problem.

This will be a big undertaking replacing 85 pipes. I will be in contact. Bryan

excited to see how this goes!

What did you do to get the matte finish on the cold side piping? Looks great!

Scotchbrite pads. I started with red and finished with gray. And if you can believe it I did this with the pipes in place.

I need to post a finished picture with my turbo heat shield in place. It's flat black like the hot side pipes and it really finishes it off nicely.

does anyone here notice any power increase with this kit? has anyone put his car on a dyno with and without this kit one the car, with all those install pics someone here must have a dynosheet......just woundering because I went to the drag strip last night and my car use to run pretty consistent time before I had the fmic I was running between 12.4 and 12.6 and now I could'nt even get the car to run faster than 12.8 with shitty mph and now I have to give it hell if I want to light up the tire when I take off or the car would almost stall on the line because of the lag...... I've done about 200 passes with this car and never had any issues before...... havent got the car tuned yet but it seems to be running like it use to except for the increased lag.....really hope a tune will put everything back in order because I'm not impressed with the results I'm getting now...

has anyone here seen improvements with the fmic on their car???

does anyone here notice any power increase with this kit? has anyone put his car on a dyno with and without this kit one the car, with all those install pics someone here must have a dynosheet......just woundering because I went to the drag strip last night and my car use to run pretty consistent time before I had the fmic I was running between 12.4 and 12.6 and now I could'nt even get the car to run faster than 12.8 with shitty mph and now I have to give it hell if I want to light up the tire when I take off or the car would almost stall on the line because of the lag...... I've done about 200 passes with this car and never had any issues before...... havent got the car tuned yet but it seems to be running like it use to except for the increased lag.....really hope a tune will put everything back in order because I'm not impressed with the results I'm getting now...

yes get a tune. see if that helps, I imagine it would.

My car will have before/after results on the same dyno as soon as my tune is finished. You need to get your car tuned dude. If you're still not satisfied then you have grounds for complaint.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I'm not complaining yet... I just expected that the car would run a bit faster without the tune and alot faster with it!!!!!!!

my a/f are exactly the same as before the boost is the same, I havent logged but it seems to be running fine, its just not as fast as it was... and I lost about 300rpm of spool

True, it will run fine but it won't be running to full potential. You'll be able to run a few more psi and some addtional timing advance w/ the front mount. It added a bunch of torque over my stge 2tmic setup.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

True, it will run fine but it won't be running to full potential. You'll be able to run a few more psi and some addtional timing advance w/ the front mount. It added a bunch of torque over my stge 2tmic setup.

sure hope you're right

I'm already running 20-21psi on a stock block so I wont raise the boost more than what it is right now but it will defenetly need some tuning to fix the bottom-midrange problem I'm having ...

Dayum! 21 psi on a stg2 setup? Stock tmic?

I'm running a gt30 turbo with 800cc injectors, it made 393hp on the dyno...stock sti tmic tuned @ 19-20psi all the way to redline with a mbc. the car was tuned at 22psi but I never ran more than 20-21psi after I got it tuned....

anyway I was excpecting a power increase without a tune with the fmic since I have a decent turbo with enough boost that it should make a difference....

Update: I should have the new test pipe in next week. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/newpipe.jpg This should fix the alignment of the second hotside pipe some are having. Once I get it in and test in on my car and a few local cars to be sure. I will get them made and ship them to all that want or need it on my dime. This will now be V.3 of the RacerX FMIC. I will post pictures when it gets in. Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Thats commitment. Constantly striving to improve the product based on customer feedback.

How many other manufacturers do this? How many tell you to pound salt when you call and complain about product fit?

RacerX, standing above the rest with a TRUE commitment to quality products and customer service (even after the sale).

Way to go Bryan. Big Props.

so can anyone tell me about how long this should take a shop to install?

Depends on what type of shop and their experience installing FMICs in Subarus. I'd say there is something wrong if a professional can't get it done in an 8 hour day. Quicker depending on experience.

Archived