LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

I kinda got the sarcasm. Its hard to "read between the lines" on the interweb. Lowes is actually closer to me, but yeah, I find myself perusing through their stock of angles, aluminum bar stock and the such far too often, LOL.

I am no comedian, but I am here all week.

In the words of a great So Cal intellectual, "can't we all just get along?"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

m, the HD comment was funny. Sarcasm is my middle name.

Anyway, the left tube on his was painted black and it seemed I was going to gorge all the paint off forcing it thru. I couldn't find that sweet spot I guess. So I took the coolant bottle out to get it in. The bottle sucks to get back in too, (so kids don't try this at home).:rolleyes:

I try and wrap the pipes with paper or the like to try and keep from scratching them in the tight paces. I understand if it was painted removing the tank just for GP. Tank is not too bad getting back in, its that damn odd arse tab system at the top. Have the epoxy ready to repair the broken plastic tab, LOL.

Not everyone gets my sense of humor. Wife says I take some getting used to. Thanks for understanding, its all in good fun. This is just the internet. Might as well be the second grade playground some days.

noted guys... sorry for the rant. I just happen to like reading this thread ya know? I actually look forward to the 3am update when I get up at 6. Start my coffee and check the CP. I've been disappointed in the past with the 2nd grade playground stuff in other threads. I guess i'm just a sensitive flower these days :)

It wasnt that bad was it? No real fireworks. A point was given. Counterpoint made. Then for the most part everyone agreed. Nothing like the childs play on nasty co**.

Honestly, the RacerX FMIC has proven (in a very short time) to be the most used FMIC on LGT's. Heck, with 80 kits sold in less than 6 months it seems like everyone has an FMIC now. Love it, hate it, either way their are plenty of satisfied customers.

No hard feelings guys ( I hope). I will try the wrapping the pipes with paper next time and I will keep at it until is slips in. (That sounded like a 16 yo trying to get laid :lol:) Your not kidding about the tabs for the coolant bottle, none broke though. Second install is usually a charm anyway.

Everyone should have a front mount in my opinion. Even stock cars, it works so well and a cooler intake charge can't hurt either.

I still have a question; What is the concensus on painting the core black. I've always wanted to paint it for stealth, you can see my core from a half mile away. Does the black impede heat transfer is summer? I would imagine it may absorb more heat off the road???? Just a thought.

No hard feelings guys ( I hope). I will try the wrapping the pipes with paper next time and I will keep at it until is slips in. (That sounded like a 16 yo trying to get laid :lol:) Your not kidding about the tabs for the coolant bottle, none broke though. Second install is usually a charm anyway.

Everyone should have a front mount in my opinion. Even stock cars, it works so well and a cooler intake charge can't hurt either.

I still have a question; What is the concensus on painting the core black. I've always wanted to paint it for stealth, you can see my core from a half mile away. Does the black impede heat transfer is summer? I would imagine it may absorb more heat off the road???? Just a thought.

In real world use I don't think the painted vs unpainted will have a noticeable difference in cooling efficiency. However they do make radiator black, which is a paint designed to supposedly let the metal retain a better cooling efficiency. I think its around $25 a can.

Mine is painted black with some satin epoxy paint. I didnt go nuts with the paint, especially around the fins, just enough for an even coat.

Tuning this FMIC on the stock turbo and boost is down and WGDC is almost maxxed out. Infamous suggested I get a 1.00 mm restrictor pill. Called the dealership and one should be here thursday.

My question is, how do I install the pill? Is it simply a matter of disconnecting the hose that holds the stock pill, removing the stock pill and inserting the smaller one?

I believe it will come from Subaru already in the hose. Mine for the 05 came as a hose assembly.

Thanks for the info. So basically just take off the turbo heat shield and install the new line?

Another question, anyone know if an aftermarket skid plate will work with this kit? I just hacked up my stock plastic splash guard pretty good to get it to clear the pipes. Wondering if an aftermarket one will fit over the pipes and offer a bit of protection for them.

Any word on when the revised STI-style 2nd hot pipe will be sent out? I installed my FMIC today (with a complete symmetrical 2nd hotpipe) and it took me FOREVER to get it to line up well enough to get the couplers on.

Hope it holds, I gotta drive 3 hours to my tuner today!

Another completely satisfied customer! Don't mind the dirty a$$ engine bay:) Only problem I couldn't get away from was the hotside pipe hitting my gtspec headers. I wrapped it with header wrap for now. Gotta fix for it soon. Other than that I love it. Took some patience but it was exactly what I expected. A big thanks to Bryan and M Sprank for this kit and all the help. Almost went with an AVO or Perrin TMIC. Glad I didn't. Finish putting it together tomorrow. Need another person to help me look for leaks. I wanna make sure it is good before putting it all back together. Tune time.......

IMG_5215.thumb.jpg.4b6e135b82092ba5f52303f78da9c9d5.jpg

IMG_5221.thumb.jpg.31dc2e1d5adfbcdac2670c0ad7d100fc.jpg

IMG_5217.thumb.jpg.6a215e769851b3454967f447005e36da.jpg

IMG_5218.thumb.jpg.80766bedea152b9dd7fb39026f42cfa4.jpg

IMG_5219.thumb.jpg.c04846d56b7b01ffd71336591a695469.jpg

IMG_5220.thumb.jpg.35dc6e715cb33be3b69f2883fe54b502.jpg

Sorry about the headers. Clears my Perrins and the M2 equal and unequal headers we test fit too. Unable to test with every header on the market. Duly noted about the gtspec headers. I think the Invidias will be an issue to . Its the "monkey knuckle" in the header piping.

Any word on when the revised STI-style 2nd hot pipe will be sent out? I installed my FMIC today (with a complete symmetrical 2nd hotpipe) and it took me FOREVER to get it to line up well enough to get the couplers on.

Hope it holds, I gotta drive 3 hours to my tuner today!

I made a new pipe. I didn't like the way the one they sent me fit. I'm doing one more testfit on Saturday. I want to be sure this fits correctly on more car. I will send it out to be mass producded:spin: on Monday So I hope to have it back in about a month. I will be sending out a new pipe

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/P1060506.jpg the new timiming cover bolt, http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/P1060505.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/P1060504.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/P1060503.jpg

My cards and hopefully "Stickers" They add like 10whp.:lol: So I hope to have these shipping out in about a month. I have to see how long it will take to make the 80+ pipes. The pipes will be beaded like all the other pipes. I haven't forgot about you guys. I will keep you updated. Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Sorry about the headers. Clears my Perrins and the M2 equal and unequal headers we test fit too. Unable to test with every header on the market. Duly noted about the gtspec headers. I think the Invidias will be an issue to . Its the "monkey knuckle" in the header piping.

No sweat. That was the last place I thought I would have a problem but the places I was worried about were just fine. I think I am going to do what you did with the timing cover bolt, cutting the cold side pipe and adding the hump hose connector also. It is one of those patient projects. I will just keep tweaking it a little bit here and there. It took me about 6-7 hrs but I was in no hurry. One reason it took as long as it did is because I cut a lot more material off than normal. Since I cut a big portion of the spot welds out I went back and welded the seams back together. I wanted to give myself as much clearance as possible.

Leo, yes Cobb intake works. Should work with the box too. I have installed two kits using OEM air box and snorkel.

I dont think the aftermarket skid will fit without some trimming. I will know shortly, as I am getting one.

If any NewEnglanders need an install, I'll honor MSprank's install price of $200 as well. I'm now on my 5th install and results have been fantastic. Ask LordChilly ;)

ask me what? JK. It was an excellent job. I would say it took about 3 hours + its NH so its tax free state on some stuff.

Archived