LegacyGT.com

Bought this header on eBay-Thoughts?

m sprank

ok, I know I'm nuts. But I could not resist. With 25 minutes left in the auction, this exact set of headers (on its way to me tomorrow) was still $9.99. So, I bid. I won the damn things for $20.50 plus $45 shipping. For $65 I will be a guinea pig.

Heres the link, I will post up pics and results when they arrive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270492719423&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Any thoughts? Comments? Flames? Planning the test fit on my 08 SpecB.

wow great deal. I'm sure the vendor didn't even make penny of this one

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prob not, lol. In the end I got two headers and an uppipe for $130 delivered. The uppipe fit great. The EL header fit great. The UEL header FAIL. Another member is going to give the UEL header a try just in case.

I told you I buy lots of stuff and try it. I'm not even keeping any of these parts.

too bad the uel header doesnt fit :-( i want one but theres no way im going to pony up $600+ for pipes. If someones modifies the uel header to fit they should think about taking orders and selling them on here if they can do it at a reasonable price.

Yeah I was bummed too. They looked good. You could get 1 set of exhaust port flanges to line up but not the other. I am sure a muffler shop could fix it. I was just tired and done working with it at the time. I'm still waiting for someone local to pick them up and give em a second try. Had 2 members interested but they no one ever showed up to claim them.

Rick, for the money you should be happy.

Yeah I was bummed too. They looked good. You could get 1 set of exhaust port flanges to line up but not the other. I am sure a muffler shop could fix it. I was just tired and done working with it at the time. I'm still waiting for someone local to pick them up and give em a second try. Had 2 members interested but they no one ever showed up to claim them.

Awesome! Thanks for being brave enough to try them out for us.

I am interested in playing around but the Holiday Spirit (Xmas-NewYear) is sucking up a lot of my time and I am trying to finish up a complete replumb AND rewire of my house BEFORE Xmas... I did not want to grab another project to let it collect dust when other people were waiting on a response, result, etc... I appreciate all your efforts bro! Seriously!

LaLGT

And the weather SUCKS today. Have fun at Shamars. Hope its dry there. Raining and very windy here on the coast. If I had known ahead of time I would have left the headers with Shamar, lol.

Yep it was too wet for tuning and once it cleared up too late.

Dropped off the EL Headers and uppipe at my dads today. Getting an ERZ DP for his 02 WRX too. Then I am going to install everything on his car and flash to stage 2. He gave me the ok to sell his AP and go opensource. Any chance of an Infamous1 tune on a 2002 WRX (bugeye)?

I have tried both headers on my car. The quality of the EL header was superb...I actually lost HP though when going to that header from my GTSPEC UEL header on my 20G. I think it would be fine on a stockish sized turbo.

The UEL header I got from M2 was complete garbage. I ended up selling it locally for $50 and called it day.

The company that makes the GTspec headers are much better quality than anything else I have seen on the market. I have used them on multiple cars for 2+ years without any cracking. The Import Image headers are also excellent. I am using that header now on my rotated setup.

Sounds like our review is about the same. I was fine with the EL's and the UEL's did not fit. I am installing the EL's on a 2002 WRX now, so they should work nicely for that turbo set up. I think the EL's would be fine for any stage 2 set up. Should be fine for small/medium sized stage 3 turbos (VF-52, 68HTA and some 20g's).

Archived