LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Wow, didn't realize these were being made right down the road from me. So I don't have to dig through this thread, what exactly are you offering now (are there multiple versions available?) and what are the prices?

Thanks.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

A friend of mine is looking for a VBG1 for a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3 Any chance you are going to do this for the Mazda crown?

I thought these guys have a boost gauge?

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/34657328+w750+st0/2012-mazda-mazdaspeed-3-touring-speedometer.jpg

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

I guess my only worry about buying is that a new hardware revision would be released with cool features that I couldn't get without replacing hardware. I say that mainly because I've been watching this thread for a while, and this gauge set seems to have come a long way!
Tits mcgee

The current revision is pretty mature... the cable for firmware updates means it's going to take a pretty big change to need a new rev. I just don't see such a change happening. Center vent is more likely.

I would love to see this. That would probably sell me. If I went with the left vent & then a center vent came out, I'd be butthurt.

Tits mcgee

• I Donated
I would love to see this. That would probably sell me. If I went with the left vent & then a center vent came out, I'd be butthurt.

The center vent one is supposed to be an auxiliary display for additional sensors. I don't think it's going to do boost.

• I Donated
are these features available for the RHD beta units? Im guessing ill probably have to send mine back and get new firmware/hardware to make it work

Do you have 1.04+, or an earlier rev? They were introduced on 1.04.

I'm not sure what rev I have I was one of the first beta testers for the rhd ones so I must find out of lossol which I have. I would really like to be able to get it to be able to display at least oil temp. I don't want to have to stick big ugly gauges on the dash!

Have had mine installed for over almost 2 months and it's awesome!

I do have one issue that randomly pops up. The top button randomly acts like it gets pressed and so it changes the second screen. The light beside the button lights up and all and stays lit for a good minute or two before going out which then I can press it to change it back to what I had. I have tried to duplicate it but it's completely random as to when it happens.

It isn't a deal breaker or anything. Just thought I'd let you know.

• I Donated
The buttons on mine (all three of them) have completely stopped working several times recently. No light to indicate that they're stuck, either, although that had happened to me in the past. I'm wondering if I'd still be covered under warranty. Still very happy with the gauge despite the problems.

Sorry guys been on vacation but i'm back now.

I'm not sure what rev I have I was one of the first beta testers for the rhd ones so I must find out of lossol which I have. I would really like to be able to get it to be able to display at least oil temp. I don't want to have to stick big ugly gauges on the dash!

Hold all three buttons for a while and the version number should pop up - you should be able to do AFR or Oil pressure. Oil temp was never an option - there was a point in time where I offered ambient temp sensor aux sensor - but with little interest I dropped that option. Looks like most are interested in Oil pressure and AFR.

I want to release an update that will allow two sensor options. However for now only one is supported in software.

I do have one issue that randomly pops up. The top button randomly acts like it gets pressed and so it changes the second screen. The light beside the button lights up and all and stays lit for a good minute or two before going out which then I can press it to change it back to what I had. I have tried to duplicate it but it's completely random as to when it happens.

Yes this is a known bug - thought to be software related. It was fixed to the extent that the gauge no longer locks up for more than about 30 secs. Then the gauge re-calibrates the touch sensors and continues on. I'm hoping to find the bug and release an update.

The buttons on mine (all three of them) have completely stopped working several times recently. No light to indicate that they're stuck, either, although that had happened to me in the past. I'm wondering if I'd still be covered under warranty. Still very happy with the gauge despite the problems.

This sounds like a warranty issue - and i will work with you to resolve this - do you know what version you are running?

Smilies

I guess my only worry about buying is that a new hardware revision would be released with cool features that I couldn't get without replacing hardware. I say that mainly because I've been watching this thread for a while, and this gauge set seems to have come a long way!

VBG1 has come a long way - thanks much to input from this community. VBG1 hardware is pretty much locked down. Future software updates hope to include

• a second aux sensor input
  • expanded input options (like oil temp)
  • optional serial interface to a CAN-OBD interface to read OBD paramaters
  • any bug fixes

I got this installed today with the exception of the actual pressure line. Thanks for getting it shipped out so quick.

Will the 0-5v work with any oil pressure gauge?

No - I need to make this more clear on the website but if you want to do oil pressure this is the approved sensor.

http://www.gtboostgauge.com/VBG1%20Aux%20Oil%20pressure%20wiring%20instructions.pdf

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com