LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

I'm going to snap some pics of the "flaking" tonight.

I've also experienced the unit get "stuck" on a single screen without touching it. I was driving and I heard the signature beep the unit makes when you cycle through screens. I looked up and the unit had changed to the boost profile screen and the light on the very top right was lit up as if I was touching it. It stayed that wasy for approximately 20 seconds and then unlit and I could use it again.

Weird.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I'm sure that the answers are buried somewhere in this thread, but if someone can help me out I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at running one of these with a PLX SM-AFR at the moment. If I'm understanding correctly I'll need the VBG1 and an accessory cable to link up with the PLX?

Also, is it possible to add in an oil pressure sensor as well? If so, what the simplest way to get that done?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
I'm sure that the answers are buried somewhere in this thread, but if someone can help me out I'd appreciate it. I'm looking at running one of these with a PLX SM-AFR at the moment. If I'm understanding correctly I'll need the VBG1 and an accessory cable to link up with the PLX?

Also, is it possible to add in an oil pressure sensor as well? If so, what the simplest way to get that done?

You can have the gauge show you oil pressure or AFR at the same time, but unfortunately, not both. Oil pressure requires getting the Prosport sender and harness from the Gaugetek website along with the VBG1, and then using something like the Prosport oil galley plug adapter.

When I had AFR and oil pressure hooked up at the same time on my 05, I would just switch the aux input back and forth as needed, because the AFR hooks up to the harness, but the aux input hooks up via a plug. So I could have both connected at the same time, I just couldn't see both sensor outputs.

• Moderators

OK, so basically I need the following:

-VBG1, Prosport sender and harness (all from gaugetek)

-Oil galley plug adapter (from somewhere else)

And that should be it? Seems relatively painless.

Next question, when will they be back in stock? :lol:

• I Donated
OK, so basically I need the following:

-VBG1, Prosport sender and harness (all from gaugetek)

-Oil galley plug adapter (from somewhere else)

And that should be it? Seems relatively painless.

Yeah, on 05-06, it's really easy to install the oil pressure sender. 07+ has an air pump in the way, so it's tough to get the galley plug adapter in, and you need a relocation kit because the sender won't fit in that location at all. (The relocation kit comes with a galley plug adapter, for anyone with an 07+ who is wondering.)

• I Donated
Anyone know if the warranty on these will transfer? I'm looking at buying one that is brand new, but from a member here--just want to make sure the warranty will still apply.

I think that is a question for lossol. I will say that I don't remember ever seeing a written warranty, but I have never seen him say he wouldn't cover something, either. :)

• Moderators

Ordered one this morning along with the cable for hooking up with the PLX-AFR--super excited about being able to see both boost and AFR in such a clean format, will add in oil pressure at some point as well.

Edit: for oil pressure, I can order one of these: http://prosportgauges.com/subaru-oil-galley-plug.aspx And then what else would I need?

Edited by BarManBean

• Moderators
I'm using the PLX-AFR with the VBG1 as well, it works perfectly.

I don't believe you can do 2 auxilary inputs on the VBG1 at once though. It's either/or.

Awesome, glad to hear.

Yeah, you're right AFAIK. During most normal driving I'll probably run with boost / oil pressure hooked up and I'll check in on the AFR every now and then.

• Moderators

You don't need an aux input cable for the PLX, it just plugs directly into the sending unit. I actually didn't attach my sending unit to anything, it's just tucked above the plastic tray that sits above the driver's footwell.

BTW, the PLX is a great unit. I'm running mine now to the VBG and also for logging directly to romraider.

Is there any chance to get the gauge in a single or half-DIN panel? Like many others I junked the factory HU, went to a single-DIN unit and have a DIN-sized pocket under the new HU.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

You don't need an aux input cable for the PLX, it just plugs directly into the sending unit. I actually didn't attach my sending unit to anything, it's just tucked above the plastic tray that sits above the driver's footwell.

BTW, the PLX is a great unit. I'm running mine now to the VBG and also for logging directly to romraider.

not sure what you mean...plx plugs into VBG sending unit through mini jack cable right? First time installing any type of gauge .... I thought plx sender unit resides in engine bay, I guess I was wrong....

Where did you mount your PLX module, and how did you route the cable between them? I've been meaning to get around to doing my PLX install, and that's the one part I haven't figured out yet.

Have you actually tried logging yet? From my experience the update cable will not work for data logging Wideband information to romraider...