LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea exactly. And since I'm relocating across the country for school I won't be stage 2 til fall... I figure the cx cbs had 1 resonator so with the catless dp if its way to loud ill buy a magnaflow resonator and weld it in there as well. That should tame it down... I can see it being really loud, if you look at the cx cbe thread clip reving from the back (not when its all snowy out) he is catless there w/o a resonator in the exaust and its not THAT loud lol

thanks for all the support we try to improve our products every time. I listen to customer comment all the time.

as for the 5EAT downpipe

you guys let me know what you want.

this is what I have in mind .

cast bell mouth flange 3 inch piping, 200 cell metallic high flow cat.

extra 02 sensor for wideband 02 sensor, and a L cel fix already weld on so, no check engine light or need to purchase extra Cel fix.

the only thing keeping me from purchasing an erz DP right now is the fact that you have to also tune with it correct? so i buy a cable and DP and talk to infamous. how much loot would i be looking at? roughly

thanks for all the support we try to improve our products every time. I listen to customer comment all the time.

as for the 5EAT downpipe

you guys let me know what you want.

this is what I have in mind .

cast bell mouth flange 3 inch piping, 200 cell metallic high flow cat.

extra 02 sensor for wideband 02 sensor, and a L cel fix already weld on so, no check engine light or need to purchase extra Cel fix.

This is what you need;

Cast Bellmouth Flange

3 inch piping

200 cell metallic high flow cat

02 sensor bung on top of the bellmouth for wideband O2

Its exactly like the current DP, just with the correct bend. No need for an L cel fix. Legacys don't need it. Legacys need a tune or the DP will cause overboost and bad problems.

Well you figure 15 bucks for the vagcom cable off ebay, then 70-90 on a sti catless up pipe, 340 on the catted dp, 150 for the tune, 40-50 for the OEM uppipe and DP to turbo gasket....roughly lol

thank god i got the CXL cbe...looks like i might get a legit turboback setup for under a grand or slightly over! wooooohooo :eek:

ERZ makes an uppipe too. Shoot them a PM for a price quote. Otherwise... eBay has them for cheap.

But, ERZ has definitely got the market cornered on stage 2 at the best price. Not even "bang for the buck", there quality is first rate. Just great quality at an affordable price. Finally!

I am loving the new tone. I have a slight leak but not crazy or audible while driving. I was a bone head and forgot to replace old donut flange with new a new one and used a single 3" gasket between the two. I don't think tones affected too much tho. Over all the cxl is deeper and rumblier and worth the price.

did you buy a 2.5" to 3" adapter? or just subaru oem dp to mid pipe gasket and reused the spring bolts?

Its a long story, lol

The adapter works if you have a 3" DP tp 2.5" CBE. He is the other way around. 2.5" DP to 3" CBE. Two ways to do it.

1= use OEM donut gasket and OEM hardware (inclusing springs). Use C-Clamp to assist in pulling flanges together. Bottom out OEM hardware and torque.

2= use two 3" gaskets and double them up. Use Grade 8 hardware and tighten two flanges together.

I have done both and both work fine. No leaks.

I currently use method number 1. Have for a good 5000 miles and at least 5 trips down the 1320.

Nice.

Some members are going 2.5" DP to 3" CBE. That is where the confusion has come in. We have a fix for that not requiring any adapters.

This is a "must have" (if you are OCD) for the 3" to 2.5" application. Good to know ERZ can send you everything you need when ordering from them.

i would have to say after seeing the pics is that the cat sits way to close to the axel boot. way to close for comfort for me. that cat should shoot back away from that.

Look at pic #9. It clearly shows that there is a good 2"+ of clearance between the axle boot and the Pipe. This is with the car on ramps, not jacks. The suspension is loaded in the pic.

Archived