LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The adapter was created to stop the problems people were having WITHOUT them.

I originally used 2x3" gaskets, just doubled them up and had no leaks.

I went to the adapter just because I am OCD. If I can use one and sleep at night you can too, lol.

:orly:That makes this seem even more tempting.:lol:;)

I like my ERZ DP with adapter as much as I like my Cobb w/out adapter. Except I like that the ERZ set up was 1/2 the price, even more. Performance and fit are the same.

The adapter has proven to be of no consequence except the extra $35.

I wish ERZ made a DP for the 5EAT, cause I could buy a new ERZ for less than my used Cobb sells for, lol.

First, the previous question of whether the Perrin 1-piece or ERZ is better:

I personally wouldnt trust the semi-divorced design of the Perrin because (a) the divorce pipe doesnt have the flow directed since there is no divider (b) it is a small tig welded pipe that may be prone to cracking © Stainless isnt as strong as cast

I prefer the ERZ design because it combines the best elements of the Cobb and the Invidia: Bellmouth with a 3" outlet. And very affordable.

anybody know what the catted ERZ DP sounds like with a 3 inch CXL/X02 cbe? will it set off car alarms?

I have the 3" Agency Power CB, and it is loud and throaty, but not annoying and drony. I love how it sounds and dont even get complaints from the girlfriend.

On the search for a new DD...

ya i definately dont want drone. my girlfriend is very unique...i threw the CXL cbe on saturday and shes sitting shot gun going "its not loud enough! wtf i wanna hear the rumble youve been preaching about" lmao. i want more tone but i definately dont want the local cops knowing im back to my old ways LOL

I have the Magnaflow which I believe is 2.5" at the cat then opens up to 3". If everyone says they haven't had issues with the adapter, than that makes it much more tempting.;)

You know I also have the Magnaflow, and it is 2.5 at the cat. I bought the 3inch to 2.5 adapter kit fro FBP for my 3inch AVO DP. People have said there is no issues including m spank, so I bought it. GET IT and join me, windy road and captainhook in a stg2 party!

Im running the ERZ catless to my spt exhaust. had the 2.5" flange cut off the cat back and welded a 3" thick flange w/ a grimmspeed gasket. even with an invidia header Its fairly tame at idle and cruising around. not intrusive over my radio while on the highway......but when I stand on it, I'll set off car alarms, rattle windows, attract police for 10 sq miles and have people on the sidewalk dive for bomb shelters for fear of a b-52 over head. Its freaking *LOUD* :D

If you want to keep the sound down run a catted DP, and maybe even a resonator in the mid pipe. It will keep it mellow.

it sucks that loud is soo sweet sounding and ILLEGAL! maybe if i slap a harley davidson badge on my LGT the cops will leave me alone. oh yeah i was recommended to have a shop weld on a 3 inch flange on the stock DP to replace the 2.5 but that is just silly especially if ur planning on running a bigger DP in the forseeable future.

The CBE changes entirely with a DP. Gets much more noticeable. Go with the catted ERZ DP you will not be disappointed with looks, sound, fit, performance.

Now that ERZ is a vendor, shoot them a PM for a price. Maybe they are even willing to start another group buy.

So far I luv the sound of the ERZ catted dp with stock cans.. I have the the 3"-2.5' adapter but im not using it cause it arrived 2days after my install(couldnt wait).. My mechanic used the gasket that came with the pipe and also used some hi-temp gasket silicone,(he said it wont leak) but if it does I have the adapter..

so i need to sell my brand new ERZ catted =( stage 1 will hold me out for a while. im using the money on a CBE, then saving for coilovers (autox) is around the corner lol so i will buy a ERZ again probably next summer but it will probably be the catless version =)

so i need to sell my brand new ERZ catted =( stage 1 will hold me out for a while. im using the money on a CBE, then saving for coilovers (autox) is around the corner lol so i will buy a ERZ again probably next summer but it will probably be the catless version =)

That sucks.

honestly you got that thing cheap enough i cant imagine why you would sell it?

not to mention the cb wont make any power at all whatso ever...did i miss something? :confused:

props to erz for making a quality dp on the cheap....i saw a HKS dp today, and i honestly thought it was a ERZ at first...wonder if its the same maker but ERZ gets different orders or the rejects? (mine had bend tubing inside the flange :() or how that works, but it looked identical.

honestly you got that thing cheap enough i cant imagine why you would sell it?

not to mention the cb wont make any power at all whatso ever...did i miss something? :confused:

props to erz for making a quality dp on the cheap....i saw a HKS dp today, and i honestly thought it was a ERZ at first...wonder if its the same maker but ERZ gets different orders or the rejects? (mine had bend tubing inside the flange :() or how that works, but it looked identical.

Did you let them know about the defect? They seem very committed to customer service. They were very honest with me when discussing a WRX DP.

Also, I know for a fact they are not rejects or seconds. ERZ orders 100 DP's at a time. Yes, 100. So there is no way they are getting seconds placing orders that large each time. They make lots of products, not just this DP.

Did you let them know about the defect? They seem very committed to customer service. They were very honest with me when discussing a WRX DP.

Also, I know for a fact they are not rejects or seconds. ERZ orders 100 DP's at a time. Yes, 100. So there is no way they are getting seconds placing orders that large each time. They make lots of products, not just this DP.

gotcha. Yeah orders en mass will do that to. I was amazed at how the hks was almost identical.

I didn't have time to tell them about it. I got the box and opened it later that day and had to install the pipe to get the car on the road. I'm sure they would have taken care of it had I called.

I'm still lost why you want a cbe nstead of a dp? It's stg 1 vs stg2

Archived