LegacyGT.com

ERZ Catted DP

istealfrombums

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Confirmed: Coupon still works!!!!!

Thanks m sprank, you just saved me $80. Also, they had a free shipping option on the website for the downpipe. Definitely jump on this before they disable the coupon!!

Price without coupon is $339 shipped.

Awesome. Stoked another member was able to take advantage of the savings. :)

Msprank you think I can head down to oceanside one of these weekends and throw on a tune for me for some beers :). I'm not financially/mod ready yet for a infamous tune.

I make no claims to being as talented at tuning as Shamar (Infamous1). If not for the fact that I was really planning on skipping stage 2, he would be doing the tune. He will be tuning my stage 3 set up. But, if you need a hand (or a tune) shoot me a PM. I have no problem loading the rom I am working on into your car. We have the same car, so the tune should work pretty well for you. It is on the conservative side (better safe than sorry). I leave the adventurous/agressive stuff to Infamous1. :)

awesomeness :)

would the greddy evo II exhaust work with the dp without an adapter?

I think it is fine. The SPT uses a 2.5" connection to the DP (just like stock). The ERZ DP is 3". Most aftermarket exhausts are also 3". So, the DP should mate perfect to everything except stock and SPT (I think). Even then the adapter is only $35 (FBP). And I am getting by with two standard 3" gaskets (1 came with the DP, 1 I had already).

:)

Just in case. I wasn't trying to steal anyone's thunder. istealfrombums is the OP of this thread. I learned about the downpipe and got the coupon code from him. I just had the time to install it right away to let everyone else know. So, thanks to istealfrombums for searching nasioc and turning us onto this great deal on a DP. Thanks istealfrombums!

Haha, I don't care about the credit, I'm just glad I could be of help to the community :).

Oh btw how's the dp->exhaust holding up. I don't feel like buying an adapter yet as I am looking forward to purchasing a XO2 setup from ebay. I just want to throw this bad boy on and step away from the shitty Subaru stock tune with studders.

No leaks that I hear or see in my logs. I will get under the car tomorrow and look/feel. Funny, the extra 3" gasket I had was from a X02 exhaust. I would imagine that 1 gasket and some exhaust gasket in a tube would do the trick for now. Its not that the flanges aren't lining up. They are very flat. Its the 3" hole up against the 2.5"" hole and the extra back pressure its causing.

So a full turboback exhaust can be had for less than a COBB DP! Very nice!

I'm referring to this DP and the CXLightning/XO2 combo. Could be a winner!

I'd love to hear some video clips of this combo!

Great work istealfrombums and m sprank! Thanks for sharing your impressions and findings!

Cheers!

I have an Xo2 exhaust. Its on my LGT with the Cobb DP. Please don't ask me to swap exhausts now. Since I have both, and previously had the Cobb and SPT set up on the LGT, I an say that I would DEFINITELY go for the X02 CBE with the ERZ DP. I even got my CBE from CX on eBay. It might just be the best bang for the buck stage 2 set up you can buy.

All right. I have a tune that I am willing to share. :cool: I still need to drive around (aggressively) logging and make sure that all parameters are good. But, I logged the previous rev for 200+ miles and was happy so I am fairly confident this will be good (the only changes since that rev have been to WOT). If I make any changes to the ROM I will share the updated file. This rev has been logged and logs are attached, just not for an extended drive yet. Logs are 3rd gear pull.

The tune is for an 08 USDM SpecB stage 2 using CAN91 fuel. Stock intake and filter. Only motor mods on my car are the ERZ DP and the SPT CBE.

AFR is very conservative. Peak boost is approx. 18psi.

2 logs and Dyno plot are also attached. LV's taken after each log.

Because this site won't allow the posting of .hex files (don't support the format) I can not post the tune here. But if you shoot me a PM I will email you the file. I don't want to just post up tables and make people cut and paste them into the ROM. :)

DISCLAIMER:

USE OF THIS TUNE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY OR MAKE ANY CLAIMS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR YOUR APPLICATION.

Edit: Sorry for the poor size of the screen shot, it was taken from my 8" netbook. The peak HP is 262 @ 6220RPM and the peak TQ is 294 @ 3710RPM.

msprank specb stg2 rev1-3-1.csv

msprank specb stg2 rev1-3-2.csv

LV msprank specb stg2 rev1-3-1.csv

LV msprank specb stg2 rev1-3-2.csv

306450376_msprankspecbstg2rev1-3dyno.thumb.JPG.4401ebefe194b756c7c7eb171c895334.JPG

I have an Xo2 exhaust. Its on my LGT with the Cobb DP. Please don't ask me to swap exhausts now. Since I have both, and previously had the Cobb and SPT set up on the LGT, I an say that I would DEFINITELY go for the X02 CBE with the ERZ DP. I even got my CBE from CX on eBay. It might just be the best bang for the buck stage 2 set up you can buy.

:lol: I wouldn't ask you to do that. ;)

Best bang for the buck brand NEW stage 2 setup for sure. :D;)

Thanks for sharing your tune with us too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived