LegacyGT.com

Weekly or Bi weekly meets in Rockville/Gaithersburg

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was fun hangin out and meeting everyone. The beer was good too!

Harry, any news about your ride?

Nada as always. Dealership has till the end of the month. If they don't respond or so much as give an update, the deals off. I thought about it long and hard when we spoke at DFH. I decided to take the words and put em to use. So let's see if the dealership delivers. If not, I don't see how I am gonna lose in all this. I still keep my money, they got another car to sell off their lot.

Though I did look at that new Impreza concept. The renderings looked great! The car in the flesh at the LA Auto Show looked like a 2010-2011 LGT... except shrunk and more hybrid-ish.

So yeah, just waiting and saving money. :)

• 2 weeks later...
My LGT lives!!!! Swap completed successfully. Will be drivable as soon as I fix an oil leak. When's the next meet? :lol:

Yay!!! Where is the oil leak coming from?

As far as the meets, no clue. Hopefully Hollowrift can chime in. I am getting hooked on his meets. Way too awesome of a time, straight car talk (mainly Subaru and racing), and of course hat tips to the older and newer Japanese brands as well. It's pretty awesome!

The people are genuinely nice too and extremely friendly.

• I Donated
Yay!!! Where is the oil leak coming from?

I pulled the car into the garage (with smoke pouring out from under the hood) at like 11pm last night after driving it around the neighborhood, so I didn't have time to look at it before bed. So I'm not 100% sure. But my guess is it's the turbo oil return hose.

- thefultonhow -

Congrats on getting the swap completed and gl with the oil leak...now give me your 'G' :)

Are you talking about my other car (1992 Infiniti G20)? If so, it may be for sale in a week or two. ;) I'll possibly know by the end of this week -- I may be moving close enough to work that I can bike if my car is down, but that's contingent on my girlfriend getting the job offer we're expecting. If I do move there, I'll go down to just the LGT, rather than the LGT and then the G20 as a backup car.

Are you talking about my other car (1992 Infiniti G20)?

Yup, was definitely talking about the G20. My wife had a p11 and I have had a b14 and Nx2k. I have a soft spot for sr powered cars, and yours being a ve makes it all the better. Alas, no luck on me being about to purchase another car at this point, as the Legacy is our only car and it barely gets driven.

I have a friend who has a NX and a VE swapped B14 as well as a old 300zx i believe. And being a ex sentra guy I love me some SR myself. though I had the QR and only wanted to put the VQ into it.

So next friday people? Any preference on places? I would assume the regular old Taipai Tokyo in rockville would work unless people habve a preference otherwise!

I have a friend who has a NX and a VE swapped B14 as well as a old 300zx i believe. And being a ex sentra guy I love me some SR myself. though I had the QR and only wanted to put the VQ into it.

So next friday people? Any preference on places? I would assume the regular old Taipai Tokyo in rockville would work unless people habve a preference otherwise!

How about the Chipotle? Or Hinode?

• I Donated
Guys, a high-pitched metallic-ish whine is probably the turbo going bad, right? :( Looks like the low oil pressure that killed the engine killed the turbo after all. I think I'll be getting a BNR turbo sooner than I expected... and maybe the G20 is coming to the next meet, LOL.

Guys, a high-pitched metallic-ish whine is probably the turbo going bad, right? :( Looks like the low oil pressure that killed the engine killed the turbo after all. I think I'll be getting a BNR turbo sooner than I expected... and maybe the G20 is coming to the next meet, LOL.

That's usually the last sound you will hear (usually for a short while) before the turbo goes boom.

Did you check the play in the turbine before installing it? Did you try turning the turbine via drill and listen for any squeaks? If all was done, and there was minimal play in the shaft of the turbine, then it is good on that part. But if it squeaks, bearings might be bad.

• I Donated
No shaft play as far as I could tell. I did not know about the drill trick. I have emailed BNR asking about getting a 16G hybrid. Does anyone know how long the lead time is on that? I'm just going to move the car out to the street and park it until I can get the new turbo.