Weekly or Bi weekly meets in Rockville/Gaithersburg

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated
Bring her along! :) She likes to eat food, right? :p

Flight gets into BWI at 10:09pm. Theoretically speaking, I could leave Rockville at 9:30 or a bit earlier and make it on time, but yeah, she'd probably be a bit disappointed if I wasn't there to meet her right outside security, and what's the point of driving an hour down to Rockville to eat really fast anyway?

There's always next time... providing next time isn't Thanksgiving weekend or something...

• I Donated
Do you need some help?

Let's put it this way. I would love any help from anyone who could provide it. But I'm basically some random guy who lives an hour away from you, and if some random guy who lived an hour away from me needed help with a major mechanical project, I probably wouldn't be volunteering. ;) So definitely nothing expected, especially because I can't provide much more than food, beverages (alcoholic or otherwise), and gas money. Although, if people want to come by and shoot the shit and lend a hand every hour or two, I'm okay with that too (I might make that kind of event BYOB... :lol:).

I'm already soliciting assistance from high schoolers at the school where I work who are in the Auto Club. I don't think any of them have any experience working on cars, which probably means I'm going to have to supervise pretty carefully, but at the same time, it means they aren't jaded about working on cars and so they won't mind undoing whatever random bolt on the bottom of the bellhousing behind the crossmember or something like that. After doing three clutch jobs and a number of other repairs on two other cars since early June, I think I'm going to scream if I have to touch another bellhousing bolt. :spin:

EDIT: Forgot to add that at the rate I've been going so far, as soon as I finish the LGT, something else on my Infiniti is going to break anyway...

EDIT: Forgot to add that at the rate I've been going so far, as soon as I finish the LGT, something else on my Infiniti is going to break anyway...

I would be happy to help and I hear you on working on cars. I purchased the NX at the beginning for July and that whole was a living nightmare. Anyways, I am always up for helping an sr20 person, so when my wife gets here with the Legacy (and if heaven forbid it is not finished by then - Nov. 19th) I am down for assisting.

• I Donated
Ironically, the G20 is running almost perfectly right now. So I doubt we will be doing any work on SR20s. I was all ready to sell the damn thing, and then my Legacy broke the next day and I've decided it might be a good thing to have a backup car. Yeah...

I can probably do the 29th too. I'm going to those rallies on the 30th with some college friends

Depending on how close to the potential 29th meet is to the metro I would be up for going. I am also planning to attend the rallies on the 30th, so I may just see you there.

And twinbrooke is right there. less than 1/4 mile. Why not drive up?

Sell your SE and buy MY LGT

My wife currently has my SE and she is in St. Louis. My nx2000 is being picked up by its new owner this weekend, as I barely have a need to drive it.

Student loans+ no job+ my meticulous maintenance schedule on the SE means no selling it to buy your lgt. Thanks for the offer though, as I actually had it sold (with a check being passed to me) for $12k in June. Due to the aforementioned reasons I decided keeping it was the logical thing to do.