Weekly or Bi weekly meets in Rockville/Gaithersburg

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Donated

1. Biggie / Josh

2. WeatherWarrior / Jason (tentative...mostly because I have to REMEMBER to go)

3. HarryN / Harry N.

4. thefultonhow / David

Can someone text me sometime on Friday reminding me that the meet is that day? Actually, I'd rather receive 5 texts than 0, so everyone who can remember to, do it! My cell is 410-456-3253, and hopefully a spambot won't grap on my numbered... :lol:

Shaping up to be a good one. Someone call Ken and Tommy. Get them out to a meet in their new cars already!

Ken's Suba... erm... is not purchased yet. Tommy, we'll see. I think he is going to be busy with the kid again. That or GT5.

• I Donated
Ken's Suba... erm... is not purchased yet.

:lol:

Also, dammit, why did my girl have to get an amazing job offer... from Starbucks, in Seattle? It's there or here, and it looks like there, she alone would be making what she and I together would be making if she came here... :spin:

• I Donated

Dunno if I am. She hasn't accepted either of her offers (and frankly, neither is totally finalized). If her Booz Allen offer goes up, or if the guy at Starbucks can't convince HR there to pay her what he wants to pay her, she'll stay here. And she may just take the pay cut and stay here anyway. If she does go out to Seattle, we're just going to have to live with the long-distance relationship for at least a year longer, because I'm the sole desktop support guy for 1000+ computers at my job, and I don't want to leave them in the lurch with no replacement for me.

Both of us are agonizing over this. Starbucks would be a much better career move for her (the guy wants to fast-track her for management), and frankly, she has more earning potential than I do. But I like my job, and I don't think I would be able to get anything similar to it in Seattle. It's a pain. Hopefully Booz Allen will want to pay her more.

Edited by thefultonhow

Dunno if I am. She hasn't accepted either of her offers (and frankly, neither is totally finalized). If her Booz Allen offer goes up, or if the guy at Starbucks can't convince HR there to pay her what he wants to pay her, she'll stay here. And she may just take the pay cut and stay here anyway. If she does go out to Seattle, we're just going to have to live with the long-distance relationship for at least a year longer, because I'm the sole desktop support guy for 1000+ computers at my job, and I don't want to leave them in the lurch with no replacement for me.

Both of us are agonizing over this. Starbucks would be a much better career move for her (the guy wants to fast-track her for management), and frankly, she has more earning potential than I do. But I like my job, and I don't think I would be able to get anything similar to it in Seattle. It's a pain. Hopefully Booz Allen will want to pay her more.

Oh man, do you know how many IT jobs are out there in Seattle???

Yes, yes, but my current job combines IT and photography. I like that, and I'm not sure if I'd be able to find it in many other places. Also, it's a good work environment and very flexible.

Ahhh gotcha. I hear yah man. I hope everything works out.

Where in Booz Allen is your wife applying to? Dulles/Herndon? McLean?

Ft. Meade. Not wife yet, just girlfriend, but it's going in that direction. ;)

Hahaha!! RIGHT BY WHERE I WORK (literally up the road from me)!! If she gets a job there, have her look up a good friend of mine named Matt Neeley. He is a very good guy and should help her out in fitting in. It can be pretty cut-throat over there. Just have your wife drop my name and he will go from there. I usually go up there as well for meetings and whatnot.

I hope it all works out. But I hope she is ready for the 1 paycheck a month that Booz likes to do. I hope she is there more for experience then getting out, than staying with Booz. There is a reason why that company is a revolving door, unless you are a level 3 or higher.

And no, I did not make a typo when I said "your wife". :lol:

• I Donated
I hope she is there more for experience then getting out, than staying with Booz. There is a reason why that company is a revolving door, unless you are a level 3 or higher.

I think I might need to talk to you about why you're saying that. I heard it from someone else too. She is looking for something semi-long-term if at all possible, so I'd like to hear the rationale behind it. I forget, are you going to be there tomorrow?

Work permitting, I should be there, albeit a little late. Roppongi Sho works at the McLean office and there is a reason why he is looking to get out of there as well. As soon as the job reqs get released at my company, I am going to try and pull him on board.

This convo should probably be taken to a new thread but I'll chime in for a quick comment :)

I've worked with a lot of BAH people in my industry and it really takes a certain personality to want to be there long term. BAH does expect you to work! I would say 30% of the BAH people I've met have left the company by their own choice.