LegacyGT.com

Weekly or Bi weekly meets in Rockville/Gaithersburg

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHIPOTLE NEXT FRIDAY. I will say the one in WINTERGREEN PLAZA unless someone has a better one to go to.

FYI Wintergreen is between edmonston and first st on 355. Just south of the VW dealership.

I might have an appointment...and not a big fan of Chipotle (too many annoying teenieboopers and rip off food prices), but I can just get drinks and be social.

• I Donated
Well you should be fine without a tune. Your turbo will just be under utilized. I don't think it will throw a CEL either.

I went ahead and bought the tune anyway. I don't want to risk having a sub-optimal tune screw things up.

Speaking of CELs, I have P2021 after the swap, which is supposedly an issue with the TGVs on the driver's side. I think it might be a problem with my harness, because I took that side off before I realized the harness could come with the intake manifold. Maybe I should just delete the CEL...

You could delete the cel or get the TGV deletes and retune. The only problem you will face is bad morning cold starts during winter. Your car will idle rough for a good 30 seconds, but then once warmed up, it will be purring like a kitten.

And you won't screw anything up with an under tuned engine for the turbo. You'll more rather extend its life that way since you won't be hammering it. But on the other hand, you won't enjoy the full benefits of the turbo and get a ticket in the process. ;) That's the only downside I can think of, to tell you the truth.

okay so I'll have some of the left over parts from my LGT there. Will have to pick it up from my dads house though.

some white line bushings.

2 pairs of headlights

4-6 purolator pure one filters

grimspeed Air oil seporator.

I have some subaru tranny fluid

dei exhaust wrap lots of it

dei silicone heat spray

Stuff I won't bring unless someone really wants it for real:

oem mufflers

oem shocks w/sti pinks

cobb y pipe

I also have a pretty much brand new looking SWP front bumper '05-'06

Prodrive pff7s in bright flitter or anthracite (they both look pretty much the same and i forget which ones I had in plastic bags at home. There is some nicks and curb rashes on them)

I'm sure i have other stuff too

bring cash money baby! :D

• I Donated
Wanna hear something hilarious? The sqeaking sound wasn't my turbo. It was my AC belt tensioner rubbing against the timing cover. I think my turbo is fine. I took the car for a drive, and there is still a small oil leak that is causing some drips and some smoke, but overall, it runs fine. And now I have $1000 in performance mods that I don't need! :lol:

How much for the Grimmspeed AOS?

I wouldn't bother with it, Fulton. I been reading some crazy stuff about Grimmspeed's AOS causing sludge on short drives or really cold days, clogging up the system around the baffle area, etc.

Get the Crawford AOS v2. It works and it's proven. Let Josh get the Grimmspeed AOS. :lol::lol:

CHIPOTLE THIS FRIDAY. I will say the one in WINTERGREEN PLAZA unless someone has a better one to go to. 8PM

FYI Wintergreen is between edmonston and first st on 355. Just south of the VW dealership.

I guess I'll say I'm tentatively in. As mentioned...probably won't order food.

1. Biggie / Josh

2. WeatherWarrior / Jason (tentative...mostly because I have to REMEMBER to go)