LegacyGT.com

Full tune of 68HTA, KSTech 73 MAF, Racer X FMIC and DW750s

LittleBlueGT

I imagine you already said it, but what FMIC did you get? (and specs on core size and pipe diameter if not readily available Please)

How much added delay in throttle response? Half second? Quarter second? One second?

Thank you.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I imagine you already said it, but what FMIC did you get? (and specs on core size and pipe diameter if not readily available Please)

How much added delay in throttle response? Half second? Quarter second? One second?

Thank you.

I got the itsme racerX FMIC. Take a look and you will find all the info you ever need on it.

It didn't add nearly close to 1/2 a second, that would feel like an eternity!

I would estimate the throttle response with TMIC was .1 of a second, and now it is .2.

Little Blue,

Would better fuel affect the throttle response with the FMIC or is it just all that extra air that has to be pushed through? Also, what would you think of ceramic coating the main tubes of the FMIC under the hood or the exhaust housing of the 68HTA (for that matter)? Might a good coating speed up all that hot air, increase throttle response?

RRR

Do you know how many MAF g/s you picked up just from going FMIC, before you added timing?

I never specifically compared exact logs (same temp, rpm mrp etc...) but I don't think I gained any.

Why would I unless the TMIC was a restriction compared to the FMIC (which is a smaller FMIC)?

Little Blue,

Would better fuel affect the throttle response with the FMIC or is it just all that extra air that has to be pushed through? Also, what would you think of ceramic coating the main tubes of the FMIC under the hood or the exhaust housing of the 68HTA (for that matter)? Might a good coating speed up all that hot air, increase throttle response?

RRR

That is how it goes with a FMIC, the things you recommend are not a bad idea, but will not really affect throttle response.

LBGT -- If moving more air in a FMIC diminishes throttle response, what would that mean for even larger FMICs like the AVO?

Even worse throttle response and boost recovery.

I am not saying it is bad, it isn't. It is just worse then then a TMIC.

I hear ya, it ain't bad, just could be a bit better (snappier response to throttle input). And since yours is the path I could well be following, my hope is to hear you singing your upgrade's praises! So, when you sense something a bit amiss (that I'm sure I'd sense as well), I keep asking questions...

Such as this one: What about using a BOV set at full recycle?

last one:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/littlebluegt/RRscreenshots4.jpg

Requested Torque: look at last line, that is a soft rev-limiter.

LBGT thanks again for sharing your tables on the first couple pages of the thread. Great info! I finally(!) got around to implementing some of your knock control table suggestions and am also adding the soft rev-limiter.

With regards to the requested torque (accelerator pedal) final row, is that row value (7250rpms in your table) equal to your redline (rev limit fuel cut "enable on")? Or is it slightly less than your redline?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

LBGT thanks again for sharing your tables on the first couple pages of the thread. Great info! I finally(!) got around to implementing some of your knock control table suggestions and am also adding the soft rev-limiter.

With regards to the requested torque (accelerator pedal) final row, is that row value (7250rpms in your table) equal to your redline (rev limit fuel cut "enable on")? Or is it slightly less than your redline?

My rev limit (that I never hit, my knock sensor is also a shift light) is set at 7300 rpms.

• 2 weeks later...
Since installing the FMIC, have you noticed a rich dip after going WOT / near peak boost?

Yes, but keep in mind that I use the OEM O2 in the DP, so about 11.15:1 is as rich as I see.

I scaled my MAF by putting in some Torco and running it at 11.5:1.

So how rich does it go? IDK, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

How much does Torco cost per gallon and do you get a big drum of it or what? :lol:

My plans to convert to run E85 are being pushed back

-Franz

I only have a 6 pack of it ($180, YIKES, shipping across the border is hard with flammable stuff, so I had to buy it local).

I have only used it the once, but I will take it with me on my next road course day, if any knock shows up in LV some is going in.

Archived