LegacyGT.com

Full tune of 68HTA, KSTech 73 MAF, Racer X FMIC and DW750s

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ ahhh..about 25. Forgot about temp..wow.

What I posted in another thread, should make sense to you:

the ID1000s do not flow 930 cc/min.

In reality my best guess is that I am flowing:

-10f = 380 g/s

30F = 350 g/s

70F = 320 g/s

In comparison a VF__ flows:

-10F = 330 g/s

30F = 305 (seems to lineup with your best of 315 at 25F, no?)

70F = 280

Your drive shaft would probably explode.

FYI I only do runs like that in the cold when the car came from a 50F garage. I would never do it if the car was parked outside, as the engine may get warm, but the diffs and other parts are still very very cold.

What I posted in another thread, should make sense to you:

the ID1000s do not flow 930 cc/min.

In reality my best guess is that I am flowing:

-10f = 380 g/s

30F = 350 g/s

70F = 320 g/s

In comparison a VF__ flows:

-10F = 330 g/s

30F = 305 (seems to lineup with your best of 315 at 25F, no?)

70F = 280

yep..those VF numbers look just about right.

What flow scalar do you have set in your map right now for the ID1000's at the stock base pressure? I set mine at 994.87 with a base pressure of 45 PSI, but I think I need to adjust it a little higher. The transients aren't where I'd like them

Mine are set at 930, but it is not low enough (should be 880 or so IMO) as my g/s now shows artificially high.

Your logged g/s are higher than you're accustomed to, but I actually think the new numbers are probably more accurate than the old ones. ID's injectors were tested to flow actual gasoline at 990ish cc/min, and the T1 guy says that his flow rates match the way Ford does their testing. Whereas flow rates for most Subaru injectors are based on measurements that were done with a test fluid that isn't gasoline. So, I'm not at all convinced that your new MAF numbers are less accurate than your old ones.

Your logged g/s are higher than you're accustomed to, but I actually think the new numbers are probably more accurate than the old ones. ID's injectors were tested to flow actual gasoline at 990ish cc/min, and the T1 guy says that his flow rates match the way Ford does their testing. Whereas flow rates for most Subaru injectors are based on measurements that were done with a test fluid that isn't gasoline. So, I'm not at all convinced that your new MAF numbers are less accurate than your old ones.

You may be right, the only thing that causes me to question things is that 37 lbs/min is 280 g/s, and that is what I get out of a VF52 or VF39 at about 15C temp (60F). That makes sense (I don't know this, just guessing) as a comp chart of a turbo seems to based off of standard atmospheric conditions:

-sea level

-15C

-a few other minor things

My AVO380 worked out to about 42 lbs/min in those conditions (which is about right for a turbo that doesn't have a turbine housing big enough to support the full 44 lbs/min wheel)

My 68HTA flowed about 43.5 lbs/min at that temp also.

So all the numbers based of what Subaru & DW say injectors flow adds up to me based off of my g/s reading, and what certain turbos should flow.

I haven't done logging yet at 15C w/ the ID1000s, but if I used 1015 vs 930 as a scalar (as I supposedly should for E10) that would put me at 380 g/s at 15C, which is just over 50 lbs/min.

Doesn't add up to me.:confused:

I did the conversion between straight gasoline, E10, and Industry Standard Testing Fluid, and though the exact conversion applied to the ID1000s escaped my memory, I remember being shocked at how despite all benefit of the doubt, these are calculated to flow high 900s if the base 100% gasoline flow rate is as published. Sorry to be vague. I put the math for this in one of my ID1000 threads a couple months ago. The 870-890 people are seeing is NOT explainable by a flow measurement conversion. The published values are 100% wrong.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I did the conversion between straight gasoline, E10, and Industry Standard Testing Fluid, and though the exact conversion applied to the ID1000s escaped my memory, I remember being shocked at how despite all benefit of the doubt, these are calculated to flow high 900s if the base 100% gasoline flow rate is as published. Sorry to be vague. I put the math for this in one of my ID1000 threads a couple months ago. The 870-890 people are seeing is NOT explainable by a flow measurement conversion. The published values are 100% wrong.

What you are saying is that they actually flow 870 to 890 then?

What you are saying is that they actually flow 870 to 890 then?

A lot of tuners have arrived at this conclusion, with considerable variation. Some people find high 900s to be great. You've read the other threads on this matter?

To add to the list, my 950 scalar is too high, or my 20G is actually a Green :cool:.

Huh. I was thinking 10% wrong, maybe 15% at most.

:p

:lol:

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

A lot of tuners have arrived at this conclusion, with considerable variation. Some people find high 900s to be great. You've read the other threads on this matter?

To add to the list, my 950 scalar is too high, or my 20G is actually a Green :cool:.

:lol:

I have read them. And I think my scalar is too high, I just cannot find another reason that makes sense.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did the soft rev limiter in the throttle / requested torque maps. Accidentally forgot I was in manual mode, and smacked it at 7000rpm. But instead of it feeling like a car crash, it was a gently burble like a honda hitting the rev limiter. This is me being thrilled at the result !!!!!!!!! :):):):):)

I also played with one of the maps to obtain a somewhat more linear pedal feel, and indeed it made it a ton easier to drive at low throttle, like when in traffic or going slow while the car is warming up. WAY BETTER than the ONNNNN off ONNNNN off crap and trying to modulate to the 1mm level to get a smooth throttle response. Makes the car SOOO much nicer :)

Can't wait to dive into other points in this thread now that I am tuning the b***h.

Archived