LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works nicely, install was relatively easy. Although I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Subaru installer that taped the excess wire for the hazard switch, had some monkey action to get it out and the finger slices to prove it. Was not happy when I got it out and saw there was a loop of extra length taped together.

I just need to decide where I want to mount the switch.

It looks like I lost the count! I just realized this morning that I have another kit left. Brand new unit, never installed. Please contact me in pm for ordering! :)

This time it's really the last unit that I have :)

Thanks everyone!

I just installed mine (not me :rolleyes:). I am :wub: this!!

I have the plug/cord coming out of the cupholder (from the inside so there is no hanging cord) and the switch is near my right knee on the side.

I got the 6' male to male cord/plug so I have about 3' to play with.

My CD changer will probably get as much action as my VCR. :p

Edited by NewLegGT67
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

mine was installed last weekend with the help (ok he probably did 90% of the work) of fellow forum member ean611 who has torn the LGT dash apart numerous times. so far, very good! sound quality is great.

i need to go back and drill the spot for the switch, it's currently just hanging out on the passenger side. gonna put it in the same place as NewLegGT67 by my right knee on the side of the shifter console.

the lights/display on the radio was not working initially, but just needed some pressure on the face plate and it lit back up. has been fine, except today it loosened again and lights went out, but i just pushed on it and it lit back up. is there an actual connection somewhere that i might have loose on the face plate? or do i need to rip apart the whole radio again?

mine was installed last weekend with the help (ok he probably did 90% of the work) of fellow forum member ean611 who has torn the LGT dash apart numerous times. so far, very good! sound quality is great.

i need to go back and drill the spot for the switch, it's currently just hanging out on the passenger side. gonna put it in the same place as NewLegGT67 by my right knee on the side of the shifter console.

the lights/display on the radio was not working initially, but just needed some pressure on the face plate and it lit back up. has been fine, except today it loosened again and lights went out, but i just pushed on it and it lit back up. is there an actual connection somewhere that i might have loose on the face plate? or do i need to rip apart the whole radio again?

There are a few different connections, the faceplate goes on with snaps around the edges & 6 screws.

I just installed mine (not me :rolleyes:). I am :wub: this!!

I have the plug/cord coming out of the cupholder (from the inside so there is no hanging cord) and the switch is near my right knee on the side.

I got the 6' male to male cord/plug so I have about 3' to play with.

My CD changer will probably get as much action as my VCR. :p

Do you have pics of where the switch is installed? Still contemplating where I want mine, sounds like you may have yours where I was thinking... the vertical trim to the left of the shifter, near the ebrake boot.

Quick diagram, obviously the trim not the seat itself like my very technical diagram looks. :lol:

I had the amp turn off switch in the same place in my Ranger, easily accessible without accidentally hit, and mostly hidden (I prefer clean setups)

lepSwitch.JPG.4fd45c56dcc4641be4f274e2b2cc2580.JPG

RangerSwitch.JPG.82a559e057ee5e61fbaedba45f567b4f.JPG

Edited by Shotokan1509

but i mean the electrical connections between the face plate and whatever controls the display of the face plate....unless those snaps/screws provide the electricity.

There is two connectors (if I remember correctly) beneath the face plate that connect to the main board of the head unit. You might have a bad contact in one of them... Does all the control buttons are working correctly?

yeah all the buttons work, but when we initially reinstalled the radio i had no lights or any display on the face plate (like the radio station area, or the HVAC, no red lighting behind numbers) but the buttons all worked, i just couldn't see what was going on on the radio screen. then i just applied some pressure to the face plate and it lit right up. we then just finished installing it. last night the backlights (red lights behind the buttons) went out but the display stayed running, and again all i had to do was push on the face plate a little bit and it was working again. guess i might need to take it out and re-seat it.

There is two connectors (if I remember correctly) beneath the face plate that connect to the main board of the head unit. You might have a bad contact in one of them... Does all the control buttons are working correctly?

I think there were 2 connectors, and separate spring clips? Your directions show the connectors (I put orange box around).

FaceplateContacts.JPG.09b81cedbf11e164b2ccf22973798991.JPG

Edited by Shotokan1509

You have to be sure that the front of the head unit is fully "pushed" so that the connectors have a good contact. You might have to get the head unit out, and just firmly press the center of the front against the rest of the head unit.

I have disassembled and reassembled my head unit 4-5 times and I never had this problem.

To everyone: All units are sold!

I completed mine today with an alternate switch location.

Oh, and be sure that the flat cable doesn't pop out of the radio board connector when you put the CD changer back in or all you'll get on the display is a couple of words in the climate control screen but no functional front panel.

Excellent sound, thanks for making this aux-in board! :D

Cover.JPG.5691c69a108a840e09e05209320387f5.JPG

Back.JPG.4b270b0d0c8a837d687846ac176f51c6.JPG

Inside.JPG.49a795ee7ecb8195f62eb80b33524e16.JPG

Finished.JPG.bcf2418e2ae996140349813be7a52eae.JPG

Edited by dschultz
typo

I completed mine today with a alternate switch location.

Oh, and be sure that the flat cable doesn't pop out of the radio board connector when you put the CD changer back in or all you'll get on the display is a couple of words in the climate control screen but no functional front panel.

Excellent sound, thanks for making this aux-in board! :D

That switch location makes the most sense.

It is still ugly.

Awesome idea. I am installing mine tonight and will mimic your switch location. :)

When you clip off the tabs of the switch leave about 1/8" to solder to and tin them and the wires first. You'll need to use as little heat on the switch as possible so you don't melt it.

When you locate the switch in the face plate, you'll need to get it as close to the PC board as possible in order to clear the metal bracket at the top near the screw that holds the face plate to the metal bracket. If not the bracket will push the switch out when you put the face plate back on. Or you can trim the metal bracket with a fine blade hacksaw to notch out the piece that might interfere with the switch (see image, upper left corner).

Also, make sure you leave about 12" of wire so you can plug the switch connector in on the aux board and still assemble the other components without the face plate getting in the way while it's all wired up. The CD changer needs to go in and screwed down before you reattach the face plate.

Trim.JPG.905c0a603803fb2256ba6da1d37ce063.JPG

Edited by dschultz
typo

Hey ClimberD, thanks for the spell check.. But it added nothing to the discussion. How do i get a hold of one of these?

I will order more parts soon to build more units. If you want one, send me a pm and we will get organized.

That switch location makes the most sense.

That is a great location!! Also both the passenger and driver can get to the switch easily. I almost wish I put it there. I just didn't consider putting a hole in the unit.

That location for the switch looks very factory (if that makes sense).

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p