LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

Hi im from Australia and im very interested in this masterpiece your selling.

will it work in the MY04 Liberty/Legacy?

i have 10 stacker in the boot but cable is dodgey and rolling off a drive way causes it to stop working lol. does this also work for other mp3 players?

also is music selection controlled via the mp3 player or head unit?

Thanks. oh and ofcourse is it possible to send down to Aus?

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks!

I finally have some boards on hand ready to ship. To only concern is that the audio cable is on backorder from my distributor. You will have to buy yourself a stereo audio cable with a 3.5mm male plug at one end. The other end can be anything you like (3.5mm male plug, 3.5mm female jack, RCA’s connector, ipod connector, etc…).

Total cost: 100$ USD shipping included. Paid by Paypal.

Please leave my a private message and I will send you back my Paypal email address.

I just got an Ipod today with an FM transmittor and am already regretting the FM transmitter. I haven't used an FM transmitter in years and I thought they would have gotten better by now but apparently not.

So anyways, I am interested in purchasing one of these if you are still making them!

Thanks,

Nick

Sebastien,

Are you still exploring an iPhone/iPod connection with power? I am very interested.

Cheers,

Mike

I'm not exploring a way to integrate the charging solution onto the aux in board. I'm using this http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot

and it's working #1. I plug the griffin into the 12V outlet of the armrest and then, the audio cable is plugged into the griffin.

I just got an Ipod today with an FM transmittor and am already regretting the FM transmitter. I haven't used an FM transmitter in years and I thought they would have gotten better by now but apparently not.

So anyways, I am interested in purchasing one of these if you are still making them!

Thanks,

Nick

Yes I'm still making them and I still have some in stock right now ready to ship. Please have a look on my website for ordering.

Okay I don't know if it's an error with Paypal or not but my three cards (Visa's) (2 of them being credit cards, and the third being a debit card) I am getting an error from Paypal saying "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." This is not the same as the wrong information error because I did get that error with one of the cards but then corrected it. Anybody know what's going on?

Okay I don't know if it's an error with Paypal or not but my three cards (Visa's) (2 of them being credit cards, and the third being a debit card) I am getting an error from Paypal saying "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." This is not the same as the wrong information error because I did get that error with one of the cards but then corrected it. Anybody know what's going on?

PMed!

I see a lot of good reviews, any complaints?

There was some people that bought the first revision of my kit that were not able to use it when the source (mp3 or sat) was plugged into 12V. Now, this problem is fixed.

Should I wear my fire jacket from now? :lol: Hopefully not!

There was some people that bought the first revision of my kit that were not able to use it when the source (mp3 or sat) was plugged into 12V. Now, this problem is fixed.

Should I wear my fire jacket from now? :lol: Hopefully not!

I tend to over analyze purchases, make sure I have a full plan and know all the pitfalls/speedbumps. My last vehicle setup was a lot of planning, but went very smoothly in build/install and people were shocked by sound quality and visual appearance, especially considering the investment made.

Right now your product is leading for my aux-in requirement, just doublechecking I had not missed anything. :)

I have been using Sebastien's aux-in board for several months now. It works like a charm! Initially I wanted to use a splitter so I could have both sat radio and ipod plugged in and just switch between them. That hasn't worked out because the splitter I am using is for headphones, so something isn't right. Also, I wanted to have the ipod plugged in and charging at the same time. However, using just one source at a time works great, and I've been listening mostly to sat radio lately anyway.

This is a great piece of tech! Nice work!

I tend to over analyze purchases, make sure I have a full plan and know all the pitfalls/speedbumps. My last vehicle setup was a lot of planning, but went very smoothly in build/install and people were shocked by sound quality and visual appearance, especially considering the investment made.

Right now your product is leading for my aux-in requirement, just doublechecking I had not missed anything. :)

I was one of the people that had the problem with the 12V interfering with my sat radio. Sebastien did fix it, however, there is still a pretty loud interference noise coming from the alternator and through the speakers and I don't know why. I have to keep the volume level on my sat radio pretty low and turn my HU volume up to 30-35 to listen to it. If I turn my sat radio volume up past the halfway point or so my speakers start popping. Apparently I am in the minority though. This means that my music has very little bass and I can't turn up songs that I like really loud. Sebastien did fix it free of charge, but it's still not perfect. It works great with an ipod though!

Well I ordered one, remembered I have a 6+ hour one way drive coming up on the 10th, might get lucky and have it in time?

I was one of the people that had the problem with the 12V interfering with my sat radio. Sebastien did fix it, however, there is still a pretty loud interference noise coming from the alternator and through the speakers and I don't know why. I have to keep the volume level on my sat radio pretty low and turn my HU volume up to 30-35 to listen to it. If I turn my sat radio volume up past the halfway point or so my speakers start popping. Apparently I am in the minority though. This means that my music has very little bass and I can't turn up songs that I like really loud. Sebastien did fix it free of charge, but it's still not perfect. It works great with an ipod though!

I helped a friend with a similiar issue with an aftermarket stereo, it ended up being a bad factory ground that was exacerbated by the aux input. Hope you can get it sorted out, and hope I don't have the same issue :cool:

Hello Redfloyd.

I was thinking to buy this nice piece of enginering.

Only I live in the Netherlands Europe.

We do not have anyone who makes diese.

Is this a problem?

I have a Legacy from oktober 2003 with a radio type

GX - 201LH.

Is this similer as the radio you tested this on?

thanks

Hi robinleg,

unfortunately, my aux in module is not compatible with EU head unit (aka yours!). I have already looked at the schematics or your head unit and my design cannot be easily adapted to work in your car. It seems to have a pretty good interest in Europe for such a design, so I may design something for your head unit one day.

I'm pretty sure that the Australian head unit is the same as the European one, so my design cannot be installed into Australian car neither.

Keep the faith! ;)

Yeah I know! There is no tracking with this shipping. Sometimes it takes up to two weeks, and sometimes less than 4 days... Strange! I have seen faster shipping in CA then in New York, but Montreal (where I am) is about at a 6 hours drive from NY!

The length of the 3.5mm cable depends on where you pass it. Usually, 6 foot long is enough if the cable is exiting in the hash tray or for a cubby install. You'll need 8 feet or more if you want the cable to pass into the arm rest. The cables I had before were 12 foot long since 6 is not enough for all applications and 8 foot is not a standard length.

Yeah I know! There is no tracking with this shipping. Sometimes it takes up to two weeks, and sometimes less than 4 days... Strange! I have seen faster shipping in CA then in New York, but Montreal (where I am) is about at a 6 hours drive from NY!

The length of the 3.5mm cable depends on where you pass it. Usually, 6 foot long is enough if the cable is exiting in the hash tray or for a cubby install. You'll need 8 feet or more if you want the cable to pass into the arm rest. The cables I had before were 12 foot long since 6 is not enough for all applications and 8 foot is not a standard length.

Ah, it sent me a postal number via email, just assumed it would give some detailed info.

Thanks for the info on the length, glad I asked I was thinking 6foot should be enough to the armrest but guess not. I'll grab a 12' I'd rather have extra than not enough (my truck I could pass it out the back sliding window for when sitting in the bed)