LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shipping included in the price is standard Canada Post Air Mail (same as USPS). It takes between 1 to 2 weeks for the package to arrive and I cannot provide any tracking number. Should you need faster shipping, please contact me in PM and I'll give you a quote.

Thank you for you good comments. :):cool:

I still have units availlable. But hurry up since quantity are limited.

:attention:

For those who would like faster shipping, I can ship in less than 10 days with a tracking for 10$ more, or in 4 days for 20$ more. Please send me a pm for ordering with faster shipping.

Edited by RedFloyd

Just placed my order. it probably came in as Mandy from 98133 as that's how I setup the paypal...

I just hope Canadian Post is faster then 2 weeks....seriously! USPS seems to do it faster then that....

Hope there is still one left as I just placed an order. Since it is getting colder in Minnesota and less desirable to spend a lot of time in the garage, this probably won't go in until spring. I don't want to wait until then and find out you have quit making these (due to tapering off of interest). Based on the reviews, it appears you have hit a home run, Sebastien. I have been on the fence about this for months, but have decided that I can always sell it if something happens over the winter (car gets totaled). Good job!
It is still ugly.

Here are the promised pics. You can take the compartment out (5 screws, one in the back) and then just drill away. I put a grommet in for the speaker cable. I would NOT recommend putting the switch where I put it, since it interferes with the operation of the cup holder cover thing. Putting it on the other side is better. 3/4" drill bit kind of works, but you kind of have to jam it in. I used a 1/2" bit for the speaker cable. I want to find a 20mm ID spacer/washer for the switch since it has to stick out that much to not interfere with opening/closing the cup holder. Oh well.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2697/4059085245_7216a33b38_b_d.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3506/4059085249_b0dc0150c4_b.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2511/4059085233_14408a7dcc_b_d.jpg

A couple questions:

1. How exactly does the auto-detection work? Is it a sharp cut, or does it take a while to kick in/out... I'm thinking along the lines of using it for GPS navigation on my iPhone while listening to AM/FM radio.

2. I currently have mvigneau's aux-in solution. Do I need to uninstall the old one, or can I simply keep both installed? Will having both installed affect the sound quality or anything?

3. How will the two inputs interact with each other, for example if I have a friend's ipod going to the mvigneau input and the gps navigation app on my iPhone going to the lepronix input, will the ipod cut out and the gps nav turn on when the lady tells me to "turn left in one quarter mile" and then go back to the ipod when she's done talking?

4. How long would it take to get to my door if I were to order one today? Do you have any in stock?

I'll ask the same question I asked in mvigneau's thread. Since this taps into the CD changer cable, is it going to split the voltage of my aux input an cause a low audio? This was the problem I had with the Jazzy board unless I left the cable disconnected from the CD changer.

A couple questions:

1. How exactly does the auto-detection work? Is it a sharp cut, or does it take a while to kick in/out... I'm thinking along the lines of using it for GPS navigation on my iPhone while listening to AM/FM radio.

I takes about 1 sec of music/voice before the aux in is activated. And 30 sec. of silence to deactivate.

2. I currently have mvigneau's aux-in solution. Do I need to uninstall the old one, or can I simply keep both installed? Will having both installed affect the sound quality or anything?

I don't really know how mvigneau's board is working, but I don't think using two different aux in at the same time is a good idea. Mine uses a relay to disconnect the cd's audio lines. Maybe it could work but maybe not. I would need more detail on how the mvigneau solution works.

3. How will the two inputs interact with each other, for example if I have a friend's ipod going to the mvigneau input and the gps navigation app on my iPhone going to the lepronix input, will the ipod cut out and the gps nav turn on when the lady tells me to "turn left in one quarter mile" and then go back to the ipod when she's done talking?

I don't know mvigneau solution enough to be able to answer to this...

4. How long would it take to get to my door if I were to order one today? Do you have any in stock?

I still have some in stock. I usually ship on monday and it takes between 4 to 10 days to get to your door.

I'll ask the same question I asked in mvigneau's thread. Since this taps into the CD changer cable, is it going to split the voltage of my aux input an cause a low audio? This was the problem I had with the Jazzy board unless I left the cable disconnected from the CD changer.

It is true that my aux in uses the cd's audio lines. BUT I have a relay on board that disconnect the aux in when not in use. Also, I have a preamp stage with 12 dB of gain on it, so you don't have a low aux in audio volume compared to the head unit volume (don't know if it is said correctly...).

Clearly, there is not problem leaving your ipod connected at all time to the aux input. I will not affect the head unit audio volume or quality. Trust me, this is really worth it!

Mine came in the mail today. Really nice looking work on the circuit board Sebastien. I know I am not going to to this until spring as I just don't have the time right now. Also I am not sure if I want to put it in my original head unit or the MP3 unit now in the car. Combining it with the MP3 player might be a little overkill for flexibility and if I put it in the original HU, that would make both HUs desirable.

Thanks again and wish me luck that this works when I install it as my warranty on it will be up by then.

It is still ugly.

• 2 weeks later...