LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was curious about that actually, is it possible to strip apart an ipod 3g cable and tap into both the audio and power wires (power from a separate component due to the 5v of course)?
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Was curious about that actually, is it possible to strip apart an ipod 3g cable and tap into both the audio and power wires (power from a separate component due to the 5v of course)?

That what I'm looking for, but I have doubt that the ipod needs to "talk" with the charger so it can be recharged. So I have to find more information about ipod interfacing. I don't own any ipod, so I can't just make trial and error. :rolleyes::lol:

Sparkfun seems like a good source for connectors. They also got Zune connector!

That what I'm looking for, but I have doubt that the ipod needs to "talk" with the charger so it can be recharged. So I have to find more information about ipod interfacing. I don't own any ipod, so I can't just make trial and error. :rolleyes::lol:

Sparkfun seems like a good source for connectors. They also got Zune connector!

I found many threads on this on random forums via google, but haven't dug into it yet. In theory you need to convert the ipod power to 5V from 12V, and find the aux lines. It just needs to be easy enough to do, otherwise it makes more sense to plug the charger in and the aux in separately.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
has mine been shipped yet? I'm too impatient lol

I send it last monday but Canada Post returned the package to my house ??? I don't know why since I already sent above 40 packages like this one withtout any returns. I will re-send tomorrow. Please apologize :redface:

Don't worry, all the ones that have been ordered have been shipped or will be shipped later this week.

DocHolladay23, yours has been shipped last monday, so you should receive it within 1 to 2 weeks. Again, I'm sorry for the extra time. I asked the post office to find out why my package came back and it seems that the officer erred by reading the Canada Post label. I think there is a lack of training from Canada Post; they are not even able to read their own label! :lol:

installed, thank you so much for this, it works great you're a genius! word to the wise, the soldering is indeed sketchy, make sure you have a fine point iron as instructed (I didn't but I was able to think it through and get it to work) because it's pretty tiny and could easily be messed up.

I have a small quantity of kits available for shipping. I may order more parts to build some more kits, depending on the demand. Please let me know if you want one even if you're not ready to order right now, so I will know how many parts to have in stock.For those that wanted one, please order quickly since I have only 8 units in stock.

http://sites.google.com/site/leptronix/Home

Regards,

Sebastien

Edited by RedFloyd