LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little mid week update. I've had a little problem ordering pcb's (they were not able to take my credit card number ????) but now everything is ok. It may induce a 2 days delay before I will receive the boards.

Regards,

Sebastien

Has anyone that's ordered one of these in the DC area? I'm considering buying one but would want some assistance installing!

I'm from the DC area.. well more like Rockville, MD. I ordered one. I'll let you know once I get it.

Update of the update :rolleyes: :

1- cammyman1

2- lekmedm DEPOSIT

3- CatInTheDryer DEPOSIT

4- ITIM_LGT DEPOSIT

5- tcoope13 PAID

6- ClimberD PAID

7- esm PAID

8- Super_Estevez PAID

9- jhig PAID

10- vvayne

The boards are finally on order. The parts will be ordered this week. I still haven't received news from cammyman1 and vvayne, so please check your pm guys! :)

Hi everyone! Long time no see! :)

I will receive the parts today for 30 modules. For those who are on the list, I would like you to pay your balance as soon as possible, so that I will be able to ship on Monday the 31st of August.

And for the rest of the world, new boards will be in stock in a couple of week! :) I will update my website with the in stock quantity.

Regards,

Sebastien

I have boards in stock ready to ship. For those who wants one, please go at

http://sites.google.com/site/leptronix/ and select "Normal price". Once I have received your payment, I will ship as soon as possible! :)

I will shortly release the WRX installation manual as well. Also, for those who have a Legacy 2.5i, I will write a new installation manual since your head unit is different from the 2.5GT.

I got through most of the installation thanks to some late evening help from Sebastian (the WRX deck is slightly different than the Legacy deck, internally).

Sebastian, thanks for the help, and for making these available! :) I'll hopefully have the whole thing back together tonight for testing.

And to follow-up, it works perfectly. Sebastian, you made my wife very happy. ;)

The supplied 3.5mm male-to-male cable protruded just a bit too far in my configuration to snake out the side because of where I stuck the Leptronix board to the AM/FM module; as a warning to others, try test-fitting everything before you actually stick the board to the AM/FM module to make sure you've mounted it in a good place for all wires to clear properly. :) For my own purposes, I just cut a hole in the rear heat sink right behind the Leptronix board, so both new wires can come straight out; that also makes it very easy to replace the audio cable without disassembling the radio.

In auto mode, it switches over to the aux input almost instantly when you start playing something. There's a 15-30 second delay switching back, which is reasonable (you don't want it to just randomly switch back to the radio, because you're between songs). When physically switching from radio to aux and back again, it's almost instantaneous.

Audio fidelity is just as good as any CD I've played in the head unit.

There's almost nothing else to review here; this was a blissfully simple installation, and it worked exactly as promised. Sebastian has created a first-rate product.

Now I just have to find a place my wife will approve of to install the switch and female aux-in jack I picked up. :D

Sebastian and company, has anyone ever heard of a 3.5mm female aux input that can be installed on a drilled piece of factory plastic? Where all that shows is a 3.5mm female jack and a little surrounding plastic so it doesn't slip right through the hole?

like this http://cgi.ebay.com/Peripheral-PDM35-Dash-Mount-3-5mm-Connector-AUX-Input_W0QQitemZ350239311219QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518be3c573&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

except cheaper?

I'm trying to not spend more money than I need to.

EDIT: Found it: http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-1-8-Stereo-Jack-Chassis-Mount-Audio-Connector_W0QQitemZ370249144643QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5634919943&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by ClimberD@HexMods
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I picked up a pack (two in a pack) of these at Radioshack for about $3 and soldered them together (used a thin wire the bridge the signal pin). I then slipped a piece of shrink tube over the connectors to cover the pins...the signal pins needed to be bent down.

I won't know how it works until this weekend...I picked up an 08 radio and went that route instead. I'll be installing my old radio with Sebastien's board in my parent's OBXT and will update on the results later.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3319/3412015671_91c0643f00_b.jpg

IMG_1486.JPG.7e24dc2ef0aa2fbed9530ef9fcde9bcb.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG.f956ca30fdcd0a5539ce94e6f202614d.JPG

Would the Audio/Charge cable that Jazzy sells work with this unit as well so I could run a single connection from my iPhone?

Yes, as long as the 3.5mm audio connector that is on that cable can be used with the input connector on the Leptronix aux in board. If not, I can send you a 3.5mm to RCA adaptor. :)