LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody :),

I'm currently in the proceedings for the order a new pcb batch. So I will have more units availlable :). From the day I'll order the pcb's, I can have the first units out in three weeks. But, before ordering anyhting, I would like to have at least 10 people intesrested :cool:.

The price will be 105$ US shipped within continental US, paid with Paypal. There is a slight rise in price because of exchange rates. :mad:

So, as a reminder, my unit works in USDM Legacy 05 06, 2.5GT and 2.5i. For the 2.5i to work without any cd, there is the need to remove a resistor from the radio pcb (check the installation manual for details). The features of the Leptronix aux in are:

- Provides an input to use you mp3, satellite with the OEM radio.

- No silent cd required

- Automatic detection of music (switch automatically to the aux input)

- I have added a little audio gain in the new unit, so you dont have to use the mp3 line out to have enough output.

- Integrated ground loop isolator, so you can recharge your Ipod while listening it in your car.

- There is a remote switch to manually control the aux in. Three modes are availlable, Off/Auto/On.

The english and french installation manuals are here:

http://sites.google.com/site/leptronix/

There is also a Paypal button on my site to ease payment. :cool:

And here we go!

1- cammyman1

2- lekmedm

3- CatInTheDryer

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

10-

Thank you!

I just finished the install. Everything works perfectly as described by the OP. The instructions are very well put together and I never encountered any problems. I highly recommend this product.

OP: Good work! and good luck with future sales. :)

1 - snow05gtRI PAID! :) Shipped

2 - casey2586 PAID! :) Shipped

3 - Fred Davis PAID! :) Shipped

4 - RubbleDTD PAID! :) Shipped

5 - XtremeCreations PAID! :) Shipped

6 - amp0412 PAID! :) Shipped on the August 3rd

7 - markbrotens PAID! :) Shipped on the August 3rd

8 - eaumack PAID! :) Shipped

9 - Bemoresubie PAID! :) Shipped

10 - Psycho

I just got around to putting this thing in today. It works great. Definitely worth the money. My only suggestion is that you make sure you have all the right tools beforehand. Otherwise you're gonna end up not being able to drill a big enough hole, listen to your friends dumb suggestion which makes it impossible to make a correct sized hole, and then have to use a circular file to make it work. Haha. It was a lot easier than expected to put it, though.

Hey I need more than five people! Think about it, no need for any slient cd, easy installation and no buzzing in speaker while listening to your Ipod.

Let see, if I have MORE than 10 peoples, I could lower the price a bit.

Maybe I should move this thread to a selling thread in the market place to have more visibility?

Floyd, if you can confirm if this works with an '05 WRX head unit, you have another name for the list. :)

Actually, it should work with a 2005 WRX head unit. There's only one concern, I haven't tested it yet. I should test the fi within a couple of days though. So if you agree, I can put you one the list, and if something do not work properly when I'll install my board in a wrx hu, I will tell you and you could be removed from the list. Is it fine for you?

UPDATE: List for the second batch. Lead time: 3 weeks once the list is full.

1- cammyman1

2- lekmedm

3- CatInTheDryer

4- ITIM_LGT (welcome back! :) )

5- tcoope13

6- ClimberD

7- esm

8- Super_Estevez PAID ! :eek:

9-

10-

Good good! :)

Sorry it has taken me so long to put these up. I put the switch in the same general area as the instructions. It just seemed to be a good place with lots of room for error. My one "regret" is that it seems to be a little far back and is awkward to reach. It sits almost directly beside my arm when I drive so I have to pull my arm back to fumble for it if I'm not looking. Its not a bad position, just one that takes getting used to. I'm about 5'11" (179cm), so for anyone about that height or taller it should be fine, but if you're much shorter than that you may want to find a different place to put it.

http://gallery.me.com/casey_mitchiner/100031/IMG_0146/web.jpg?ver=12496733900001

I also currently have the cable just coming out of the side panel. I may move it later. I don't know yet. The cable is definitely long enough to put whatever you have it plugged into almost anywhere. It easily reaches the back seat.

http://gallery.me.com/casey_mitchiner/100031/IMG_0148/web.jpg?ver=12496734010001

UPDATE! UNIT IS NOW FUNCTIONAL WITH IMPREZA, WRX AND STI 2005-06 6 CD's RADIO! Please look at first post!

I will order new pcb's next week, so I should have new boards available within three weeks from today.

Regards,

Sebastien

1- cammyman1

2- lekmedm

3- CatInTheDryer

4- ITIM_LGT (welcome back! :) )

5- tcoope13

6- ClimberD PAID

7- esm PAID

8- Super_Estevez PAID

9- jhig PAID

10- vvayne

Excellent! I will order the boards tomorrow. If more people are interested, send me a pm, I should receive about 35 boards so I will have more than 10 modules available. I will try to assemble 10 modules within the first week from when I'll receive the pcb's. After that, I should be able to build at least 5 modules per week, I will give new the new shipping dates as soon as I can.

For those who haven't paid, I would like you to pay the total amount, or at least send me deposit of 25$, as soon as you can.

Regards,

Sebastien

Update:

The boards are ordered, it should take less than two weeks before I got them. Once I get them, I give myself a week to assemble the first ten boards.

I should receive at least 30 pcb's in total, so if more people are interested, please send me a pm, I will add you to the list for the next production date. I plan to be able to build at least 5 units per week.

Since then, I invite you to read the manual available at the bottom of my "little :redface:" web site at: http://sites.google.com/site/leptronix/

Regards,

Sebastien