LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Subaru Legacy 2.5i

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the braided stainless steel GT brake lines will fit our 2.5i calipers perfectly?

The fronts are the same. rears are different. the line size where it goes into the rear caliper is different. (2.5i has aluminum rear caliper:))

The fronts are the same. rears are different. the line size where it goes into the rear caliper is different. (2.5i has aluminum rear caliper:))

When did the lines change for the rear? Are you sure about this?

I used the Techna-Fit GT 6 line package that I got from RavSpec back in 2007 without any problems on my '05 2.5i.

When did the lines change for the rear? Are you sure about this?

I used the Techna-Fit GT 6 line package that I got from RavSpec back in 2007 without any problems on my '05 2.5i.

I don't know which year, but the GT has a channel that the line goes through on the caliper. the 2.5i has no channel, and one of the hard parts on the rear line is larger than the other.

I have stainless lines. Techna-fit makes the for the 2.5i, and I got them at a smokin' deal through fredbeansparts.com

Sweet, ok I remember seeing the 2.5i set available back when I was going to upgrade my brakes. Yes another spring project! Thanks for the info. Maybe this should be noted in the original post.

Here is what they list on the technafit website:

2001-2008 LEGACT GT ALL 6 SUB-1130 $150.00

2007-2008 LEGACT 2.5I, 2.5LTD 6 SUB-1132 $150.00

Edited by Pawlwawl06

Speaking of Brakes I installed new Ceramic brakes this weekend and dont laugh but i used Dura-Last C Max Gold pads front and rear and High Temp brake fluid. WOW! bedded them in and stopping is very much improved over stock. My stock pads were not even near 50 percent worn but i was getting tired of the stock feel and fading so i swapped to these from a local 2.5RS guy suggestion. He actually went from Hawk to these pads !!!!!! IDK but my car isnt a track car and there isnt much point in upgrading to LGT Rotors/calipers/etc.

Next will be lines and that will do it braking wise. Then its time for the Perrin F/R sway bar kit or the Tribeca one :)

What about radiator hoses for 2.5i ? I know the GT's have extra cooling system parts but not sure if the main hoses are different than 2.5i ?

from the photos i've seen it appears that the top hose is the same...not sure how the LGT's are connected with that intercooler and if the bottom hose is different size?

Another member (frostbite3360) said that the 2.5i hoses are the same as "02-06 WRX/STI and Legacy 2.5i/GT 05" in this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2284897

I've had my eyes on these hoses from Gates:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360146964089

I'll probably end up getting them closer to spring...

Thanks for that ^

Bling factor mostly...but then again the radiator hoses do fail after a few years (5?) and these aftermarket ones should last a lot longer than stock.

Yeah. I agree. I'm slowly adding some blue underhood bling... but I've heard bad things about silicone radiator hoses on street cars, so I'm going with more traditional rubber ones.

Tried duralast one time on my 93 leg. never again. it was like stepping on a brick w/ no braking improvement. to each his own though.

Yeah I had some on my GA GT once TRASH!!! But these are full ceramic and they have great stopping power even when cold I havent noticed any fading and ive pushed them quite a bit.

My gripe with the Hawk pads is that they need to be hot in order to get the most out of them. believe me when those pads are nice and hot, the car stops on a dime. Its simply amazing. Most of the time, I don't even get to heat them up enough to get to that point. Are the ceramic pads the same way?

I had Hawk HPS on my Cobra and loved them.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

As far as brake upgrades go: I have Akebono ProACT pads and Centric Rotors and I'm happy with them so far. Brake feel is slightly better than OEM and I haven't had any of the pad deposit/warped rotor issues yet that I had with the stock brakes. They weren't ridiculously expensive, either. Edited by smushybrain

My gripe with the Hawk pads is that they need to be hot in order to get the most out of them. believe me when those pads are nice and hot, the car stops on a dime. Its simply amazing. Most of the time, I don't even get to heat them up enough to get to that point. Are the ceramic pads the same way?

Yeah i notice they arent 100 percent until a stop or two to get some heat in them but after that they are really nice. The best thing with Dura last ive ever bought. :lol:

do you guys think it'd be a waste of money to get the ion performance front calipers ??

Not a waste... but I would try better pads first. It's a significant difference. Doesn't look any different but noticeably improved braking.

Stainless lines too.

I painted my stock calipers (black) as part of my gripe with my stock brakes was the appearance. So, painting them helped - still not as pretty as a bbk though.