LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Subaru Legacy 2.5i

Just wondering if someone can clarify something for me.

From the few posts ive come across, it seems like people are saying that the 2005 2.5i has uel headers stock. n.sane talks about it here as well

Is there anyone who has a picture of their stock header from 05?

Looking at my car, it doesnt look that uel to me, looks pretty equal. And in the vacation pix, it looks fairly equal there too.

Looking at mine, it looks fairly similar to these ones that someone else posted in another thread http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/huck_this/car%20stuff/IMG_2090.jpg

The only thing I can see, is that 2005 has a direct bolt on option for uel headers like borlas/reps, so maybe thats what people mean?

So any info to help clarify would be nice.

Yeah this is a common misconception the only real UEL (technically they are slightly different lengths but not enough and not where it counts) N/A Subbies are 94-early 96 Legacies and some EJ18's. Like Shtbxrr stated the 05's have this manifold of a really shitty 5 sensor setup that meets in front of the rear diff then splits.

The 05s are the only models that will bolt directly to the Borla Reps.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what I'm gathering from you guys, is that there are some 05 with a system with two lines to the axleback area, similiar to the H6.

If it didn't have that, then it had the above setup, which is not technically equal length, but very slightly unequal, and has the ability to have borla reps bolt on.

And essentially, after 2005, the 2.5i came with a completely equal length header, and does not bolt up to borla reps.

Am I reading that right?

ah ok thanks shtbxr, clears up some stuff.

I remember the first time I got under my car and I looked, I was saying to myself that it looked pretty equal, but yea I guess that little bit makes a difference.

Yup and yup. What weird is that on the 04-05 setup the driver side runner and the runner from the exhaust port is one huge piece and then the passenger side un-bolts. Sucks b/c once the cat goes you gotta fab or buy a whole new manifold which im sure is thousands of dollars from Subaru. Funny how this layout can be seen throughout the Subaru models dating back to the GL's. Once they spring a exhaust leak they sound amazing :lol:

you tracked your car? Shame on you :soap_box::D

Seriously though, looks like fun!

Ya it was really fun and I beat 2 lgt's hahah, one with a sti turbo w/ front mount and one stock.

Edited by Subie2.5i

Yes it is I just shipped Ralli Sport Racing a modified 06+ manifold so they can finish up the final fit and finish. Ran into a issue with the laser cut flanges being off slightly but all is well now. :)

Is this a one off for you or will it be production if so how much will it be?

Is this a one off for you or will it be production if so how much will it be?

No not a one off the real deal mock up:) Price probably dependent on the catalytic converter it will be T304SUS 16ga. Steel with 3/8" flanges

No not a one off the real deal mock up:) Price probably dependent on the catalytic converter it will be T304SUS 16ga. Steel with 3/8" flanges

When is it going to be ready, I'm trying to decide if I should wait for it or go ahead with my lgt manifold

When is it going to be ready, I'm trying to decide if I should wait for it or go ahead with my lgt manifold

Mike at Ralli Sport said a full production will be ready around june. I think they are waiting to clear out all conversion stock i.e. 2.5i track and cat pipes that bolt to the 2.5i mid pipe and a set of Borla Reps. If you want to do your LGT setup I would say go ahead for the time being it isnt that costly if you dont like it you can switich over down the road.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...