LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Subaru Legacy 2.5i

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely! by the way, did i tell you how excited i am to do my cams? and my 93 tune? yee friggin' haw!!!!! I was pretty sad today when I went to rallitek two days after they shipped the cams to me they dropped the price $90. oh well, pioneers gotta take the brunt of the BS first i guess. he he. I'll be reading/logging/test writing tomorrow hopefully. it would have been tonight, but his CAN cable broke. another noteworthy thing is about my new ECM. (2008) I performed a gas mileage test again the identical way i did last year about this time (similar weather) on a predetermined 80 mile trip, initially I achieved a computer avg. 37.8 mpg, however this past weekend i did the same thing(with 08 ECM) and achieved a computer avg. 39.3 mpg. I am guessing it may be due to the cruise control logic between the two being different. see below:

2007: on slight downhills, speed would continue to rise due to throttle still being applied by cruise control. example being with cruise set to 55, depending on how long the downward slope was i could end up doing 65+ by the end of the descent.

2008: on slight downhills, speed would only raise a few mph, then throttle would back off to fuel cut until set speed would resume at 55, then cycle would repeat until on mostly level cruising surface.

another difference would be the cold start idle being that the 2008 would not sound like it was struggling to maintain the cold idle speed. the 2007 would sound like it was under load when idling cold for a few to ten seconds.

maybe if someone with a 2007 not too concerned with performance perhaps, and doing alot of hwy trips, could do an ECM swap to gain some mileage.

overall, I am greatly happy with my large expense on the new ECM seeing as I have increased my mileage, and having the options for tuning now. long winded, perhaps. oh well. ;)

Subie 2.5i!! I will no longer be getting the cores. you are welcome to buy the cams i got though. trading in the ride, so my rallitek cams will be sold off, and my rear LSD will be sold as well. anyone for the rear diff?

cool.

Are you getting a decent amount on trade for the Spec. B ??? Ive been told $13800 for my 2008 2.5i and offered $14950 by a co-worker but KBB says for my condition to look for $15800:eek:

Im thinkin for this market $14500 and eat what I owe on it :redface:

I got enough for it, considering. ;) I got the spec B for $5k under retail.

thats a 08 or 09 and $5K off sticker for a used Spec.B with trade doesn't sound that great of a deal :eek: Or was that a new 09 Spec.B that didnt sell ?? Still is a NICE car i envy you what are your plans for this one??

makes me want to use my gap insurance to get an 09 gt or spec b, stupid me rolled 2 cars into this loan, HA.. i bet i win the highest monthly payment for a 2.5i se :(. i just cant force my self to total the car, plus if i get cought im screwed.. wait why am i telling you people this??? lol

btw just curiouse did you notice a big gain with the cams? wondering if saving up the money for cams is worth it..

thats a 08 or 09 and $5K off sticker for a used Spec.B with trade doesn't sound that great of a deal :eek: Or was that a new 09 Spec.B that didnt sell ?? Still is a NICE car i envy you what are your plans for this one??

I was upside down on my legacy by 4k, and I paid 5k less than retail, basically being 1k under retail total. decent deal i think, and this being bought, not leased. I may be doing a 426 whp swap with some guy i know getting rid of his GT. we'll see

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1627431273.html

makes me want to use my gap insurance to get an 09 gt or spec b, stupid me rolled 2 cars into this loan, HA.. i bet i win the highest monthly payment for a 2.5i se :(. i just cant force my self to total the car, plus if i get cought im screwed.. wait why am i telling you people this??? lol

btw just curiouse did you notice a big gain with the cams? wondering if saving up the money for cams is worth it..

I don't know about the cams, because they came in a day before i bought the spec b. i'm selling them. :)

I was upside down on my legacy by 4k, and I paid 5k less than retail, basically being 1k under retail total. decent deal i think, and this being bought, not leased. I may be doing a 426 whp swap with some guy i know getting rid of his GT. we'll see

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1627431273.html

Well you def have the Mod bug :lol: I would get a 50/50 BOV, SPT CBE, some chassis stiffening, Catless DP, Grimspeed UP and manifold, a Perrin TIMC or AVO and get tuned and be done with it :eek::)

Well, i'm probably getting a GFB 50/50. It has an SPT Catback, SPT intake, SPT chassis underbrace, and STI front strut bar. I'm ordering a catted DP, putting the teins in, the old rear sway, the group N engine mounts/pitch mount in soon. I bought the Group N trans mount yesterday, and put my lightweight crank pulley in yesterday. I also swapped the trunklids, and painted the chrome on the taillights black. i'm moving faster on this one. :) thank god some of the parts fit on both cars :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

update: taillight overlays, front and rear perrin 25mm sways, group N trans mount, pitch mount, crossmember bushings, and i got a stage 1 tune. holy ****! i'm feeling like stock STI territory......maybe a hair more. smoothed out the whole range of acceleration. http://www.newenglandsubarus.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif DP should be here next week.....can't wait. I also have front perrin shifter bushings on the way, and i dropped my old wheels off at the powdercoater yesterday. gotta get ready for WBM!!! no more "legacy with wheels" bull****!

also, she handles fantastic.......even with skinny ass 215's. :D

Just wondering if someone can clarify something for me.

From the few posts ive come across, it seems like people are saying that the 2005 2.5i has uel headers stock. n.sane talks about it here as well

Please note that 2005 models already have UEL headers stock.

Is there anyone who has a picture of their stock header from 05?

Looking at my car, it doesnt look that uel to me, looks pretty equal. And in the vacation pix, it looks fairly equal there too.

Looking at mine, it looks fairly similar to these ones that someone else posted in another thread http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/huck_this/car%20stuff/IMG_2090.jpg

The only thing I can see, is that 2005 has a direct bolt on option for uel headers like borlas/reps, so maybe thats what people mean?

So any info to help clarify would be nice.

Edited by sulk

it depends what 2005 you have. some had the manifold like in this pic. the others (H4) have an equal length setup similar to the H6, where they go straight back from the heads, and don't meet up until the rear of the trans. they also have 5 O2 sensors.