lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welp guys here is my review................AMAZING!!!!!!! I hit every pot hole I could find, and got no pogo, no bottoming out, clearance is great into my steep driveway, body roll in minimal now, and it just rides like a bute.......+1 for Eibach on stock springs/struts

I'm glad you like them! Definitely give a 1500 mile review when you get there, as I learned, the spring's nature can change quite a bit during that time frame. I'm very interested to see the comparison in stance between our cars at my meet. Edited by captainhook

• 2 weeks later...
What do you guys think about konis with eibach springs? I also don't want a big drop. Would koni struts lower the car any more(I hope not)? Since konis use the USDM top hats the stance would be level without any shims, right?

With the change in USDM vs JDM tophats there won't be a difference in suspension travel just a slight difference in ride height. My Koni/ION spring combo sit fairly level but I also Have the wagon specific springs in HD which sit a bit higher in the rear. Even with that I feel the rear could still be slightly higher so I will likely order the shims in the near future.

With the change in USDM vs JDM tophats there won't be a difference in suspension travel just a slight difference in ride height. My Koni/ION spring combo sit fairly level but I also Have the wagon specific springs in HD which sit a bit higher in the rear. Even with that I feel the rear could still be slightly higher so I will likely order the shims in the near future.

But konis use USDM tophats, don't they?

Very cool thread. We should almost change the title to "bosco's review of the Eibach Pro Kit spring". :D:)

Since the Racecomp Engineering "Regular Guy" spring development deal has just fizzled, I'm back to square one, for my hunt. I'm in my mid-30s, live in PA, and by no means want a harsh ride. I'd prefer to not stick with the stock struts, but hey.... 99% of the time this will be a commuter car. The other 1% of the time I'm maybe autocrossing it, I'll sacrifice a little performance that I may not ever notice anyway!

(Funny how you change, when you get old. :D )

For anyone else interested in the Pro Kit springs, Fred Beans Parts sells them for $234.68 at this time. Of course, TireRack does too, currently for $229.00 (as usual, plus shipping - Beans may end up less).

Very good info, indeed. I think these springs, plus a JDM rear sway will just about do it, for me.

-Chris