LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

thanks bosco. i remember the last time i drove into chicago on I90 (skyway or whatever you guys call it out there) from about Gary, IN into Chicago and man, that road sucks big time. almost puts our crap boston roads to shame :p

hopefully my stock struts will be ok for awhile (57k on them). getting a quote soon from jeremy on here for the eibachs!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, I have to measure how far the front overhang is from the ramps when the tires touch the ramp. Just eyeballing it, as I remember, it's looks like 1.5" to 2", but I'll measure ot be sure.

For now I'll just use the original OEM struts.

Thanks again.

Man, I'm really on the fence now. I was set on buying a set of Cobb springs, but now I'm unsure. I was iffy on the Cobb springs and drove an hour to test drive a Leggy sitting on them a few weeks ago. I was really impressed with the Cobb springs, the stance was amazingly perfectly flattened out. I took it out for a spin and flew down this ridiculously beat up road without any bottoming out or abusive feedback. Now granted that was with only one passenger in the car and not a trunk full of luggage. My concern though, is that I have the SPT mid-pipe that hangs ridiculously low and I've already clipped it on the highway over a bridge expansion joint before on the stock springs. So I'm thinking if the eibach's provide more travel, then they may be the best spring for me, idk. :confused:

ok, so i met up with a member on here. i thought he had the spt, but has the borla cbe. he's had no issues with bottoming out (yet). anyway, we went out for a quick spin and immediately after i took my car (stock struts/springs) on the same route so i could compare. my only suspension mod is that i do have the f/r cobb sways on.

the pinks/HD setup is not AS harsh as i thought it might be. i guess i was thinking it would be unbearable/undriveable (for me). the roads we traveled on were not too bumpy, by boston standards. after any bump, the car went immediately back to normal -- meaning, no rebounding or swaying back and forth. car felt very well planted on the ground at all times. hardly any noticeable roll on turns, and there's a drastic difference compared to my stock setup.

of course, the stock suspension is not as harsh. i actually appreciate it more now after riding in his setup...not sure what else to comment on.

i guess i'm still leaning towards the eibachs. there are some improvements to be had, but i don't want to loose too much of the comfort factor. i do drive alot of family members and friends around. if i were doing autox every weekend, i might reconsider, but as this is my DD, i don't think i want to sacrifice too much. and hearing from people who have the eibachs, it seems like the proper upgrade and compromise.

Ugh, I was pretty set on Cobb's (even though I wonder if they might be too low), now seeing Bosco's car on Eibachs, I have to admit it's probably the perfect compromise for here in western PA. The roads here are horrendous...

Decisions, decisions, ha ha!

I've decided I'm gonna go with the Cobb's and hope for the best. Fred Bean Subaru is selling brand new Legacy's with the Cobb springs already mounted on them, so hopefully they work well for me.

you can't go wrong with anything Cobb makes their parts are very high quality, i know b/c i have their AccessPort and DP/cat, the reason i went with Eibach is the drop was much less. when you get them installed let us know what you think about them. pics before and after would be be nice. good luck and thanks.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

^ for the drop of Eibach, is it true to F:1.0/R:0.8 after you install it? Or it drops more than that?

i didn't measure the "before height" but the "after height" is in post 36 if your car is stock measure it and let us know.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

^ OK. I'll measure mine tomorrow but mine is wagon though.

The Eibach website states the wagon is excluded from fitment. I was looking into them yesterday as a combo with the Koni's I plan on doing.

well now im stuck. i'll be getting some test rides from the MA guys here with all their aftermarket suspensions. they have cobbs, tein basics, tein flex, bilstein pss (?) etc etc.

blah i wish one company had a monopoly in this and had like 3 options (comfort, sport, track) just to make my life easier. :spin:

you can't go wrong with anything Cobb makes their parts are very high quality, i know b/c i have their AccessPort and DP/cat, the reason i went with Eibach is the drop was much less. when you get them installed let us know what you think about them. pics before and after would be be nice. good luck and thanks.

I will make sure to take pics before/after in the same location to get a perfect idea of the drop. They should be going on next Wed.

Thanks! The setup is as follows. . .

Whiteline front and rear adjustable sway bars. Front setting on hard, rear setting on medium. The wheels are 18x8.5's, and the tires are 245/35R18's Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport summer tires. The width of the tires required me to roll all the fenders to ensure clearance. Stock LGT struts with the Eibach Pro Kit springs.

I really like how it rides when pushing the car as well as cruising. I have no plans to track the car, hence my keeping the stock struts, but for a daily driven car it handles exactly how I wanted with the above upgrades.

Edited by Bovesnh1

i just put bilstein hd's and ion springs on my lgt wagon last night. in a few days i will post pics and a quick review. so far i really like the height and the ride is smoother than i thought it would be. i will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the Eibach pics, guys. I've been wondering about those springs for a long time. On stock struts they look perfect.

Bovesnh1, what kind of wheels do you have? Those look pretty cool too. I was looking for that style for a while but gave up.

Koni's and Ions replacing Swifts and stockers today and tomorrow. I'll document the ride height change

I'll be interested in your opinion on this setup. I'm running iONS/stockers now with Konis on order...