LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

Lookin' good, Captain. Well, minus the sway bar and exhaust getting friendly with each other. Ride height looks very nice. I thought Cobb honestly sat lower than that, almost to the point of too low but it looks just about right on your car.

Thanks buddy, as for my rubbing issue . . . my ghetto fix is holding up pretty well. :lol:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/tunedlgt/CleanedPadded.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, update on the Cobb springs . . . now having over 1500 miles on them the ride has become more harsh now that they've settled in. The stance looks simply phenomenal, however, decent bumps/pot holes freakin hurt. I've definitely bottomed out the front end a couple times. With that said, in my personal opinion: if you don't mind having to dodge/slow down for bumps+holes and you do lots of meets/shows, go Cobb . . . if you want a more liveable DD, I suggest Eibach's.

Edit: The car has now had 225/45-17 Bridgestone RE960AS's on for 5,000 miles and the ride is MUCH smoother has never bottomed out once! Love these tires!

Here's a good pic of the final stance:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/tunedlgt/IMG_2148-edited.jpg

Edited by captainhook

hey bosco, you have any pogo effect or saggy rear end on the Eibach's?

none plus the car doesn't squat as much on hard acceleration in low gear.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Idaho's roads are far from perfect, I hope I made the right choice with the Rallitek springs and Koni's.

You made the right call going with Rallitek springs. I would imagine they would be punishing with Swifts or Cobbs (ask underdog). With Rallitek or IONS they are acceptably firm.

You made the right call going with Rallitek springs. I would imagine they would be punishing with Swifts or Cobbs (ask underdog). With Rallitek or IONS they are acceptably firm.

Underdog is who I got my Koni's from :)

does anybody have the torque specs needed for all the bolts?

And how long should I wait till I get realigned?

Which side of the Eibach's goes up? the progressively wound side?

Thanks..

with the Eibach decal up so you can read it. torque spec. are listed in the Wiki section iirc. 50 to 100 miles should do it for settling.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Well I got my springs in today, my Eibach's, and are getting installed tomorrow on the stock struts/shocks. I am excited after reading bosco's, and other reviews of them on the stockers and the nice stance with nice ride and non pogo or bottoming out. Cannot wait. Will post up pictures when I get home.

RIPJeep2002,

I'm really interested in how this turns out. Please let me know where you got them installed and how smoothly it went. I'm right down the road from you in Dunmore. I moved back last year after living in VA for awhile, so I don't really know who's reliable and does good work around here. Thanks.

I was referred to IAN at IAN's Speed Shop on Myrtle Street off of East Market Street in Scranton. He is well known for engine building and restoration. Just built a brand new shop. From reading BOSCO, these Eibach springs keep in factory limits which is whats needed for our area(as you may know).