LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

i was going to wash the car before the pics but decided you all need to know now. the front and rear wheel wells measure 25 3/8" front 25 1/2" rear to the top of the arch. i have Rota Tokyo wheels on it now 18x7.5 with Goodyear DS-G3 225/40-18 i'll say this one more time i've tried the popular set-ups and this one is by far the best for a daily driver if you track your car then maybe there are better choices but for the roads i drive on these work. better price than those rip-off Pinks, much better ride than any of the others, the stance is perfect in my eyes and no bottoming out for the pot hole infested jungle i drive on. i wish i would have used the Eibach's first.

your results may vary.

Hey Bosco.... Where did you find your hood scoop ????

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Umm, yes, we're talking about Koni Sport struts. They're the only Koni struts available for the '05 - '09 Legacy. ;)

What part confused you?

Ahhhh, I think I know. It was the picture of the Koni's on the tirerack website (that you linked) that showed the bright yellow fixed perch strut. Read the fine print. You will find there that they are indeed the "cut a strut" insert system for the front struts in which you will use the stock/OEM front KYB strut and "gut" it to use to house the Koni insert.

The rear is a direct replacement for the rear struts.

I haven't heard of anyone trying the KYB's you linked.

Edit: I stand corrected... http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119756

Cheers!

That was entertaining. :lol:

:D

bosco I was wondering what you thought about something (others can chime in, too). My car has about 96K miles on it. I'm thinking this Eibach spring kit is right up my alley, but I'm wondering if new(er) stock struts would be wise? Wouldn't have to be brand new, there's plenty of people with stock struts that they rip off pretty shortly after they buy their new car. :)

Their condition seems fine, no weird wallowy behavior or anything. But it's a thought.

Good luck finding the Eibach springs. They've been discontinued. :icon_cry::icon_sad::iam:

Fred beans is out. Subyshop.com doesn't know where any more are. Tirerack might have a set or two left. Shox.com still showed them a couple days ago but don't any longer.

Cheers!

Edited by goneskiian

:D

bosco I was wondering what you thought about something (others can chime in, too). My car has about 96K miles on it. I'm thinking this Eibach spring kit is right up my alley, but I'm wondering if new(er) stock struts would be wise? Wouldn't have to be brand new, there's plenty of people with stock struts that they rip off pretty shortly after they buy their new car. :)

Their condition seems fine, no weird wallowy behavior or anything. But it's a thought.

96k! if i could afford it i would at the least replace them with stock you already will have it apart why do it twice? you need to check the top hats they have a bearing in them also.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Thought so. :)

Depends who you talk to... some say run 'em til they die. Then you get places like RCE who expect no more than ~25Kmi. out of an OEM strut, typically. Then there's the OE vs. aftermarket spring argument, and their effect on strut integrity...

Blah blah blah. :) We'll see what comes up I guess. Got other things to buy, first. All this grown up responsibility stuff just ain't as much fun, I swear...

I can't believe that Eibach discontinued the spring for our car, I just installed a set at the beginning of the summer! My car has almost 33k on it, probably 9k on the springs. I'm considering swapping out the spring/oe strut combo for some K Sport Kontrol Pro coil-overs that my company carries. Would anyone be interested in my stockers with the Eibach's on? I'd like to get enough $ to cover the install of the coil-overs and an alignment, say $500.

I can't believe that Eibach discontinued the spring for our car, I just installed a set at the beginning of the summer! My car has almost 33k on it, probably 9k on the springs. I'm considering swapping out the spring/oe strut combo for some K Sport Kontrol Pro coil-overs that my company carries. Would anyone be interested in my stockers with the Eibach's on? I'd like to get enough $ to cover the install of the coil-overs and an alignment, say $500.

I think you could find someone to take those off your hands. Post up in the Member Classified area and I bet they're gone pretty quickly!

Edited by goneskiian

Good luck finding the Eibach springs. They've been discontinued. :icon_cry::icon_sad::iam:

Fred beans is out. Subyshop.com doesn't know where any more are. Tirerack might have a set or two left. Shox.com still showed them a couple days ago but don't any longer.

Cheers!

WHAT?!?! That sucks!! What are people like me going to do who are just about to pull the trigger??

That sucks!!!

BTW - as of today the Eibachs don't show up on the Tire Rack site. :(

WHAT?!?! That sucks!! What are people like me going to do who are just about to pull the trigger??

That sucks!!!

BTW - as of today the Eibachs don't show up on the Tire Rack site. :(

Last I looked they showed up but not if you search for an LGT wagon.

I have called Tirerack twice now about this. Both times they told me that they are discontinued and out-of-stock even when I mentioned that thier website says special order. I have also called about eight other vendors and all say discontinued out-of-stock.

Hanslo

Originally posted by LRegvall:

The Eibach website doesn't list them. Ralliteks seem like the closest alternative.

Or the Tein H-techs. I have a thread going called "Are the H-techs really a good substitute for the Eibachs" in the suspension forum. The conversation has started to include the ralliteks as a possibility too. Check it out.

Hanslo

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got pics of a LGT wagon on Cobb springs and Tein S-Techs. From what I've read on here the wagons sit lower than the sedans in the rear, anyone know how exactly how much? I'm looking for some springs to lower my wagon and want a decent drop, half the cars in this thread don't look any different to factory