RPA Performance

Which Mid and Y-pipe would you purchase  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mid and Y-pipe would you purchase

• Midpipe with Donut Flange, Standard Y-Pipe
    • Midpipe with Donut Flange and Resonator, Standard Y-Pipe
    • Midpipe with Flat Flange, Standard Y-Pipe
    • Midpipe with Flat Flange and Resonator, Standard Y-Pipe

Let me just state that i have had both x02 and perrin mid and y. I miss my coated x02. I never had rust(upstate ny winters) and the fitment was actually BETTER then the perrin. Also since it was a solid mid and y it didn't have the extra noise that comes out of the flex on my perrin.

This was what i was worried about but i havnt noticed any extra noise coming from the flex section yet.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was what i was worried about but i havnt noticed any extra noise coming from the flex section yet.

I also failed to mention that flex sections are vulnerable to damage, for example my perrin mid and y has a hole the size a little smaller than a pea(i will try to take a picture next time its on a lift), which was caused by something maybe a rock / speed bump. I believe that is adding to the noise.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

A CAP for the exhaust cutout, not a bumper dude

Again, good luck with that as it will look ridiculous.

If these guys cannot make a dual exit exhaust, it is likely due to a lack of fabrication skills to make a proper Y-pipe, or they are just lazy.

That said, enjoy the lefty lopez look. ;)

We've looked at the X02 products and they are fairly well designed and you should have good luck with it since it is coated

Can you let us know why you added the flex, where there fitment issues?

The fitment wasn't spot on w/ a solid downpipe, so the flex allowed for a little movement...

Honestly, if you offer a nice resonated Y-pipe set-up coated from day-one, able to mate w/ a flat flange, I would buy it just to help support a new LGT vendor ;)

:spin:

If these guys cannot make a dual exit exhaust, it is likely due to a lack of fabrication skills to make a proper Y-pipe, or they are just lazy.

some of us don't cream over purely cosmetic redundancy...or regard the appearance of muffler(s) as the focal gateway to heaven. we just want much better sound, a weight shave, and equal/better flow as any current dual -- i will enjoy that, senor juan cantumani :lol:

I apologize if we were unclear earlier but we are fabricating both types of exhausts (single exit and mid and y). I was just mentioning information for the single exit earlier.

Thanks for following up with those findings. The first of the sets will be 3in midpipe with Flat flange and resonator with standard Y-pipe that will bolt up to stock mufflers. We haven't considered coating yet and will look into that. If you know of some good vendors that you have worked with before, we will be glad to consider them as well

The fitment wasn't spot on w/ a solid downpipe, so the flex allowed for a little movement...

Honestly, if you offer a nice resonated Y-pipe set-up coated from day-one, able to mate w/ a flat flange, I would buy it just to help support a new LGT vendor ;)

I have been very happy with Jeremy at Crucial Racing, who is also a vendor here...
Thanks for following up with those findings. The first of the sets will be 3in midpipe with Flat flange and resonator with standard Y-pipe that will bolt up to stock mufflers. We haven't considered coating yet and will look into that. If you know of some good vendors that you have worked with before, we will be glad to consider them as well
:spin:

Techline coatings is what Grimmspeed and I believe what Crucial uses. I don't see the point in doing it? What benefit would you get from ceramic coating your cat back exhaust? Maybe make it a little more corrosion resistant?

Pardon the ignorance but can you please tell me how the larger Y pipe (2.5"?) would bolt right onto our factory cans which have smaller piping?

• 2 weeks later...
very close to getting a custom one built locally because I dont feel like waiting. Anyone know a ballpark on cost for these and when the donut flange version will get released?

Well depending on the exhaust shop you will find it hard to buy a mid and y pipe for cheaper than getting one fabbed up. I spent $120 TOTAL on a custon mid and 2.5 inch y pipe piece and i sat and watched the guy make it in 42 min exactly!:eek:

Archived