Which Mid and Y-pipe would you purchase  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mid and Y-pipe would you purchase

• Midpipe with Donut Flange, Standard Y-Pipe
    • Midpipe with Donut Flange and Resonator, Standard Y-Pipe
    • Midpipe with Flat Flange, Standard Y-Pipe
    • Midpipe with Flat Flange and Resonator, Standard Y-Pipe

Hi All,

We are still working on all of these. At this point it looks like the single exit will be released first since it is a little simpler and we are getting closer to a final product. We will send updates when we have it mostly completed.

Thanks,

RPA Performance

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want something I can use stock cans with. With Cobb and Perrin now out of the market, there's literally nothing out there that:

1) can be used with stock mufflers

2) has resonator

3) some sort of flex section

I want power over noise, reason I got Legacy over WRX. Will be watching this thread, and glad to see work being done still on them.

Well, I went X02, coated it to make sure it wouldn't rust, and had a flex welded in...

Still less than any of the others at the time (sold off the cans), fits good, and it made it through one winter w/zero issues so far :iam:

:spin:

Well, I went X02, coated it to make sure it wouldn't rust, and had a flex welded in...

Still less than any of the others at the time (sold off the cans), fits good, and it made it through one winter w/zero issues so far :iam:

Let me just state that i have had both x02 and perrin mid and y. I miss my coated x02. I never had rust(upstate ny winters) and the fitment was actually BETTER then the perrin. Also since it was a solid mid and y it didn't have the extra noise that comes out of the flex on my perrin.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I dont want it any louder, how big of a difference will the flex add? Maybe someing for RPA to think about as well?

It's still going to be loud, it's not a resonator that you added.

Hi All,

We are still working on all of these. At this point it looks like the single exit will be released first since it is a little simpler and we are getting closer to a final product. We will send updates when we have it mostly completed.

Thanks,

RPA Performance

Really single exit? I was hoping this would pan out to a direct mid/y replacement like the Cobb, Perrin, or AVO....

I just bought a flex section to put in my XO2. I have a catless TBE and its pretty loud. I dont want it any louder, how big of a difference will the flex add? Maybe someing for RPA to think about as well?

I definitely hear more turbo sound with the perrin mid and y flex section. I would stick with the solid pieces, if you have no fitment issues there is no need for a flex. Just get it coated and be happy or add a bigger resonator.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

single exit for a race setup makes sense, otherwise for a street car it looks stupid.

It's like CPE when they made the single exit exahust for the MS6...looked stupid with an empty muffler hole in the back.

X02 isn't around anymore. http://www.xo2racing.net/cart/index.php?cPath=95_268_269_270_1041 doesn't have anything, the person doing group buys here hasn't posted since August of last year.

$690 from AVO without any flex section? Hmmpt.

Seriously thinking getting a stock y-pipe and working in an aftermarket y-pipe section only. Then see how much of a restriction it really is. Same dyno/day, blahblah.

Anyway, will be looking at your future y-pipe development!

Regarding the flex sections, have there been issues with other that it would need a flex section?

I want something I can use stock cans with. With Cobb and Perrin now out of the market, there's literally nothing out there that:

1) can be used with stock mufflers

2) has resonator

3) some sort of flex section

I want power over noise, reason I got Legacy over WRX. Will be watching this thread, and glad to see work being done still on them.

We've looked at the X02 products and they are fairly well designed and you should have good luck with it since it is coated

Can you let us know why you added the flex, where there fitment issues?

The flex is only there if the exhaust fitment is tight so it gives it a little relief. If you want it to be quieter you will need to add a resonator.

I just bought a flex section to put in my XO2. I have a catless TBE and its pretty loud. I dont want it any louder, how big of a difference will the flex add? Maybe someing for RPA to think about as well?

We are also working on the direct mid and y replacement. I just mentioned that the single exit will be released first.

Really single exit? I was hoping this would pan out to a direct mid/y replacement like the Cobb, Perrin, or AVO....

We want to assist the people that like the single exit exhaust and are working on a cap for the other hole

single exit for a race setup makes sense, otherwise for a street car it looks stupid.

It's like CPE when they made the single exit exahust for the MS6...looked stupid with an empty muffler hole in the back.

The flex is only there if the exhaust fitment is tight so it gives it a little relief. If you want it to be quieter you will need to add a resonator.

Ohhh.... I was thinking that the braided mesh vibrated with the flux capacitor creating a harmonic resonance tone that acted like a resonator. ;)

Archived