LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Options / Possibilities

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. Even though SPT doesn't include the 2.5i, It bolts right on.

Do you recall what you used for a gasket at the cat to mid junction?

I've got my 3" cxlighting exhaust but I think the regular 2.5i donut gasket will just fall into the 3" pipe...

There are two larger donuts, one for the 6 cylinder and one for the turbo... I don't have the part numbers on hand.

wouldnt uel headers make our cars slower?

I just put an exhaust on my car.

Borla UEL header

Random Tech. High flow cat

Magnaflow resonator

stock y pipe

nice mufflers (from this kit)

The sound is amazing. I fell back in love with this car. I extended the O2 sensors myself, it wasnt that hard. I havent thrown any codes yet and its been almost 3 weeks. As far as them making your car slower, dont think so. If i wanted to go fast anyways i would have bought a GT. But im pretty sure it just shifts your tourque band so u have more top end tourque. But i dont take it above 3.5-4K!

I also have a custom intake on my car so that also helps with the sound.

I just put an exhaust on my car.

Borla UEL header

Random Tech. High flow cat

Magnaflow resonator

stock y pipe

nice mufflers (from this kit)

The sound is amazing. I fell back in love with this car. I extended the O2 sensors myself, it wasnt that hard. I havent thrown any codes yet and its been almost 3 weeks. As far as them making your car slower, dont think so. If i wanted to go fast anyways i would have bought a GT. But im pretty sure it just shifts your tourque band so u have more top end tourque. But i dont take it above 3.5-4K!

I also have a custom intake on my car so that also helps with the sound.

Well aren't you just Mr. Hot Shit :lol::);) *that is a comical statement

That is a nice setup pioneered by MSPRO and if yours sounds likes hers then i know it sounds perfect :)

08Leggy2.5i[/b];2806181]Yeah the angles are a little more drastic on the v.3. The passenger side pipe to the rear collector seems to be slightly more elevated. Just seems better quality.

Now of course I didn't line them up perfectly so take the picture for what it is worth.

08Leggy2.5i, wondering if by chance you tried fitting the v.3 header to the car? In particular, I wonder if it clears the power steering line without any tweaks?

I bought an extra set of v.2 headers to keep as a spare but if the v.3 doesn't need tweaking out of the box, I might get rid of this one and keep an eye out for a deal on the v.3.

08Leggy2.5i, wondering if by chance you tried fitting the v.3 header to the car? In particular, I wonder if it clears the power steering line without any tweaks?

I bought an extra set of v.2 headers to keep as a spare but if the v.3 doesn't need tweaking out of the box, I might get rid of this one and keep an eye out for a deal on the v.3.

I would imagine the V3 is constructed from the same jig but they full TIG weld the seams and gasket match the ports but the V3 has some slight bend differences so you never know

I would imagine the V3 is constructed from the same jig but they full TIG weld the seams and gasket match the ports but the V3 has some slight bend differences so you never know

:rolleyes:

That's why I was asking 08Leggy2.5i :lol:

(if he had tried fitting them before hacking them up...)

CDN -

No I haven't tried fitting them on yet. I just installed the new skid plate this past weekend. It was a pain but looks slick.

My first impressions by compairing the two, it still won't clear the power steering lines. The two are very close in every aspect but the v.3 has better welds, slightly more dramatic angles and the pipe from the passenger flange still sits up too high.

The way to tell it will clear is:

- With the header flanges sitting approx. level

- The top of the passenger side pipe, near the collector of the driver's side pipes, should sit about or lower than the middle of the two driver side pipes.

Follow? The lower the better on that passenger side. I have scheduled Wednesday next week to go over to the guys shop to begin this header ordeal. I will take pictures and post to show you confirmation whether the v.3 stock will fit or not.

Has anyone seen the quality of that catback kit 06jax2.5se was referring to? Good / Bad? Quality? Sound?

I have the axle back, I did not buy the mid and Y but they seem to be holding up ok. I clean the salt off them every week though to keep the rusting to a minimum.

CDN -

No I haven't tried fitting them on yet. I just installed the new skid plate this past weekend. It was a pain but looks slick.

My first impressions by compairing the two, it still won't clear the power steering lines. The two are very close in every aspect but the v.3 has better welds, slightly more dramatic angles and the pipe from the passenger flange still sits up too high.

The way to tell it will clear is:

- With the header flanges sitting approx. level

- The top of the passenger side pipe, near the collector of the driver's side pipes, should sit about or lower than the middle of the two driver side pipes.

Follow? The lower the better on that passenger side. I have scheduled Wednesday next week to go over to the guys shop to begin this header ordeal. I will take pictures and post to show you confirmation whether the v.3 stock will fit or not.

Yah, sounds good. Keep us updated. It would be good to know if it fits better out of the box than the v.2.

I had to have my v.2 tweaked quite a bit to get it to fit, about an inch drop to leave 1/2" clearance.

Has anyone seen the quality of that catback kit 06jax2.5se was referring to? Good / Bad? Quality? Sound?

I have one that I'm planning to install once it gets warmer. It looks to be pretty decent quality - just potential to need some tweaking to align the mufflers. But overall, an excellent value.

Check this thread for details on them... http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127753

Its the 'xo2' aka ebay exhaust. Also now being market by gimmick (GMS), albeit without the resonator.

I will clear coat mine before I install it to help prevent any undue surface corrosion.

I have one that I'm planning to install once it gets warmer. It looks to be pretty decent quality - just potential to need some tweaking to align the mufflers. But overall, an excellent value.

Check this thread for details on them... http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127753

Its the 'xo2' aka ebay exhaust. Also now being market by gimmick (GMS), albeit without the resonator.

I will clear coat mine before I install it to help prevent any undue surface corrosion.

CDN - Who did you get your "resonated" CBE from on Ebay? I want to make sure I get the same ones.

Here is my MagnaFlow system as you can see it is a nice system. I plan to paint the mid pipe with clear coat after I buff it a bit the mufflers are sexy I love the tips and the look which is why this is my favorite CBE. These tips are huge! :) I want to say 4.5 inches.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/9eae82a7.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/b9be52df.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/fb4e34be.jpg

Once I dig out of the snow here in VA I will be getting that lovely magnaflow resonator added to the mid pipe to make the ultimate MagnaFlow system IMO. Once I get it on I'll post a clip with the stock EL and once I get my other UELs on I'll repeat

Archived