LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Options / Possibilities

Yah, I'll keep that in mind regarding those 4 bolts at the back...

4" of clearance is fairly tight... if you lower the car, it'll drop a bit more. At least having the skidplate there is decent protection and a perfect reason for having it.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I thought the same thing. And I do plan on installing my Rallitek spring and doing the Spec B Bilstein Conversion. I am just glad it is right at the tires so I am really not that worried. Because if I go over a road hump the lowest point is right at the tires so nothing will scrape, and the rest of the exhaust will be tucked nice and tight.

custom built true twin stainless steel set up.

2 1/4" back half way to 2" through to the mufflers.

steel cats and hi tech silent mufflers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9XZb6f9Qok]YouTube- 06 Liberty H6 Twin Stainless Exhaust[/ame]

DSC_0193_25.thumb.jpg.cd01858e0d039c49dfd70e603333edcd.jpg

DSC_0194_25.jpg.65e6c6db9bdac8333cdbeecd19726aa1.jpg

DSC_0195_25.jpg.cbc6046a052f6302d567168108bb218d.jpg

DSC_0196_25.jpg.f0b614d6a7b933e3e2eb45973b1a6f84.jpg

P1010286.JPG.c75b13dfd48a82e7917652cf35f2357f.JPG

In American terms = BOAT load of cash

A little over $1600. Holy hell.

Dizzam considering I got my header cut and rewelded (with polished 304), and ENTIRE exhaust fabbed for $300.00 USD thats a little steep but it is very nice looking and free flowing

yeah over here its not a cheap system at all.

the true twin system hasnt been done and in full stainless steel was a few hundred dearer too.

Is that a H4 or H6 Sounds like a H4 twin the H6 has more growl to it :eek: How are you addressing O2 issues ? Or are you just going to monitor one bank ?

Gee:

Hey is there any problem running without O2 sensors? CEL came on tonight and the guy at Autozone said it was the Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 1. I just bought the CBE from XO2 and don't have a whole lot of xtra $.

You'll probably end up running rich and your fuel economy will go down... When my front O2 sensors failed (3x), my fuel economy went down by close to 15% or more. Closer to 20% I think.

It's likely the result of the new headers. They're not keeping the exhaust hot enough before it hits the front O2.

Cheapest to buy online and install yourself. I like FredBeans personally (and they'll match subarugenuineparts.com aka Chaplins, who is generally the cheapest).

Now, that said, is your car not under warranty anymore? I had the 3 front O2s that failed on my car replaced under warranty.

I say 'fail' but it's possible they're just throwing an error code and you may be able to simply reset the CEL, address the cause and it'll go away. It's probably the headers not holding enough heat. I'd recommend either coating or wrapping your headers. Wrapping will be a bit cheaper but not as permanent a solution.

(I'm planning to JET-HOT coat my next set, depending on how long my current set lasts. The expectation is that the ceramic coating should basically last a lot longer, many years at least. The primary reason I ordered the skidplate is to protect my wrapped headers from road crap etc. Plus, a little less air flowing over them may keep them even warmer, not sure.)

you could go and get your full custom exhaust then go and get yourself someone who will give the car a full custom tune.

there is a guy ive used online who does the lot via emails, gives the ecu a full custom tune to accommodate for all of our mods and he can even increase the dbw response

Sorry - I should edit my earlier post: only 2 out of the 3 were covered under warranty.

Yah, they all failed after installing the borla replica UEL headers. First was covered under warranty, no questions asked.

Second one failed at the start of the road trip when we were out of town, just over 22k kms after the first one was replaced but I was also just past the mileage limit on my bumper to bumper warranty and had forgotten about the previous replacement and ended up having to pay through the nose for it at the dealer (not my regular dealer) - cost C$491, after a 10% discount :eek:. However, I really needed my fuel economy and cruise control as we were driving down to the Carolinas that day. 15+ hours of driving without cruise was not looking fun... Had I remembered the prev failure at that point, I might have been able to swing it under warranty as it was within a year of the previous replacement.

The third, now really out of my bumper to bumper, did fail within 1 yr 20k kms of the one I paid for. I had to fight for it some as they did say "you've got headers" but I pointed out that the first one they replaced under warranty (my home dealer) was also covered while I had the headers. They ended up covering it. But I won't get another freebie now. That was made pretty clear.

Should add that my car is running quite a bit better with a cleaned air filter and MAF combined with the reinstall of the helmholtz resonator under the airbox and my wrapped headers.

I think the wrapped headers do make a significant difference, retaining more heat in the exhaust.

Well its wierd fellas. I let my car sit over night... I wake up to go to work, get in my car and the CEL is gone and everything is fine. Don't know what is going on. I get the P0031 code. Heater Control Circuit Low on Bank 1 Sensor 1

Ok, that jives with the whole header and not enough heat bit. Your O2 sensor hasn't gone bad (yet?). It may have just detected it wasn't hot enough. When mine failed, it was P0131, which is a 'low voltage' reading. When that occurs, you'll notice it idle funny (revs will drop too low and return, kind of like it's hunting to find the right rpm) and your fuel economy will suffer. In that state, if you reset the CEL, it'll come right back = O2 sensor failure.

So, my recommendation would be to seriously think about either coating or wrapping your headers. Wrapping = lower initial cost, less downtime, more work on your part but will definitely do the trick.

my car:

H6, 3" straight pipe with a varex muffler (butterfly valve in the muffler to make it quieter or louder on demand, i open the valve half way through)

the car doesn't rev past 5500rpm when stationary because of launch control... :D

so this is my car, only revving to 5500:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOjQRGxUkv4]YouTube- Ez30r + 3inch straight pipe[/ame]

and a video from inside:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bucINk7NE]YouTube- Gen2 H6 Subaru Liberty 0-100kph intake + exhaust[/ame]

yes, it's bloody loud :D

Archived