LegacyGT.com

How long did your OEM battery last?

Mine last 9-13 months on average.

What???? WTF are you doing to your batteries? I've never seen a battery last that small an amount of time.

im gonna say...4 sets of hella horns, 2 12" subs, switches for hydraulics... :lol:

Car is a bone stock daily driver. I've spent about $400 to have various shops tear through the electrical system but they say everything is fine.

About 4 years ago I had a problem with my Stereo/HVAC stack that was killing the battery every 3 days. Replaced the entire unit and it's improved to ~year.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally replaced mine, after 63 Months.

Stock battery size was group 85. Hardly anybody has these battery size in stock. Group 35 is about an inch taller and I would probably have a hard time installing it since the corner of the battery sits right under the fender frame.

Battery is factory from 2006 @ 81K miles. always outside in New York environment, super hot to super cold. She's still cranking this winter with the above average tempes but tends to lose a lot of power when the super cold comes on.

Car is a bone stock daily driver. I've spent about $400 to have various shops tear through the electrical system but they say everything is fine.

About 4 years ago I had a problem with my Stereo/HVAC stack that was killing the battery every 3 days. Replaced the entire unit and it's improved to ~year.

I had that problem when I just bought my 07 specB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I replaced my OEM battery in August of the past year, which would have put it at around 50,000 miles and around 6 years old. It still cranked fine and held a decent reserve, but I removed it while I was installing my HIDs and noticed it was bulged out on the sides and beginning to leak, so I replaced it. When I'm on break at school, sometimes I let the car sit in ACC with the radio playing while I nap so I wasn't gunna chance it. Besides, employee discount made the battery purchase a lil easier on the wallet :p

• 4 months later...
im finaly calling mine dead. rates at 370 cca at 12.7v but left me stranded after a flooded under pass killed my car. trying to get the car restarted it alowed for mybe 45seconds of cranking before clickity click click click. thank jebus i had a spare battery in the back seeing as how it wouldnt start a few months ago after a map lightralast gold was left on. always recharged and worked fine but with winter coming, i am shoping for a new one. considering duralast gld 35 or 85 mainly cause i have gift cards and shit for az. would like to justify the $224 price on a die hard platinum 35

• Moderators
That seems a bit pricey unless you live in an area with extreme temperatures. OK, sure peace of mind is worth something but double the cost?

It would be cheaper and likely provide the same piece of mind just to buy cheaper batteries and replace them every couple of years.

I'm still runnin' on the OEM battery with my '05. Only 66k miles, but it did live in cold michigan for a while.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Is the OEM battery made by Panasonic, black top on a white case?

Just replaced my battery on Sat, only 83K miles but nearly 8 years if it was the original. They said it only had 190 CCA. Went to Monro and got an Exide Extreme (35-E108) for $125.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived