LegacyGT.com

How long did your OEM battery last?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stock battery in my Outback was labeled at 430 cca, but it did not have a RC spec on the label. Here is my research..

Battery Replacement -- Additional Options

I believe the direct replacement listed by Interstate is the MT-85, which has a 625 CCA and 95 Min RC rating. I would expect the factory battery to be no better than this, most likely slightly worse..

~Scott

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

I want to know the specs of the OEM battery. I have a 08 LGT. Can't find the specs.
Just go to Wal Mart and look in the catalog and buy the Maxx battery for your car.

I did that a few years back and later found out it was one of the best batteries out there. I think I paid $80.00

This is really simple, don't over think it.

Make sure you clean the terminals and grease them after the install to keep out moisture.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just replaced my battery in my 05, wasnt the oem one so who knows how old it was. New one from Walmart was $90 w/ 3 yr warranty. Man have battery prices gone up since the last time I bought one

I had the same thought when I bought mine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had the same thought when I bought mine.

I got my replacement for the OEM last fall. It had been so long since I bought a battery I didn't remember any point of reference for relative cost. I got a 96 month Bosch so should be good into 2018. The OEM was still cranking fine so it was demoted for use on my garden tractor. I put it on the charger for the winter but may have ruined it by doing so. This spring there was an odd smell in the barn and I traced it down to the battery on the charger. I still haven't hooked it up to the tractor and tried it since I haven't needed the tractor.

130,000 on my 05 LGT, pushing 100,000 on wifes 05 OB. Both appear to be OEM.

"Pre-emptive" replacement (Die-Hard Gold) done about 2 weeks ago. Had a load test show the original battery to be on it's way out, plus it sounded like it, too.

Lehigh Valley Subaru Enthusiasts http://alturl.com/o4org

Because Station Wagon

• I Donated
I had to change mine after getting my shortblock replaced. I have a feeling if it hadn't sat for the several months (or any amount of time) it took to get everything sorted out it would still be working.

My experience was similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... mine factory battery's been weak for over a year and I've kept waiting for it to die. Never did.

But... I did have slow cranking over the past few days, so I thought it was time.

My car is an Oct. '04 car... and the battery made it 225k miles

Well... mine factory battery's been weak for over a year and I've kept waiting for it to die. Never did.

But... I did have slow cranking over the past few days, so I thought it was time.

My car is an Oct. '04 car... and the battery made it 225k miles

Whoa!!!!!! :eek::)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Doh.... lol... typo. 125K miles. :redface:

My assumption is that battery life is a combination of factors but isn't age in time a bigger one than mileage? In some ways it's better to have the battery in use rather than sitting idle isn't it?

Archived