LegacyGT.com

How long did your OEM battery last?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a 2006 LGT that I got back in Oct of 2006. I was wondering how long the OEM battery could be expected to remain reliable before it should be replaced.:confused:

Well I started this thread back in 2009 when I was worried the battery was getting old.

Last week I finally replaced my original battery! Bought the car in Oct of 2005 so I guess I can't complain:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I replaced it last week, after 115,000 KM or 71,875 Miles. 5 year. the car did not start when the cold start. I could not find the battery group 85, so I replaced with group 35. same wide and length but 21 mm taller. I got it from Costco.

• 1 month later...
I'm at over 8 years/90k miles.. Build date on car is 10/2004. Recent cold blast in NJ has me thinking it should be replaced soon though. Every morning this week I have prayed that it would start. Its a bit slow but has started fine *knock on wood.

Now at almost 10 years old and just over 100k miles I still have the OEM battery installed. But trying to start my car yesterday after sitting all weekend in the cold/snow wasn't fun. It finally did start without jumping and restarted fine after a short trip around the block. It also started fine 24 hours later, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and get a new battery now.

Going to pick up a http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9073717/01405/

Pretty sure the battery I just replaced was stock... 2006 Legacy, 215000km, Northern Manitoba winters etc... it was weaker, but not completely shot.

(remember to see if you need to take the plastic tab on the + clamp out when you replace it)

Now at almost 10 years old and just over 100k miles I still have the OEM battery installed. But trying to start my car yesterday after sitting all weekend in the cold/snow wasn't fun. It finally did start without jumping and restarted fine after a short trip around the block. It also started fine 24 hours later, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and get a new battery now.

Going to pick up a http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/9073717/01405/

10 years, you got lucky.

5-7 is the average life. I replace mine after the 5th or before the coming winter. I'd rather not be having to do it in Jan/Feb.

My 09 will get a new battery this year in Oct. I'll use a Maxx Everstart from Walmart $90.00 or so. The one I put in the wagon years ago was $80. It may get replaced this Fall also. I think I put it in, in Oct 09. I'll have to check my note book.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^^^ this.

replaced my wife's when it was still working, in order to avoid a phone call at the most inopportune time!

my 09's battery went this winter. However, it's been cold as hell, and it only gets started 1-2 times a week. Plus, the battery was drained a few times due to my obd dashdaq's draw, and trunk link being popped open by the wife (accidentally).

Given all that, I cant really complain about getting 4.5 years of service out of it!

^^^ this.

replaced my wife's when it was still working, in order to avoid a phone call at the most inopportune time!

QUOTE]

That's one of the phone calls you don't want...bad things can happen that night...

Hey you got me thinking now...My GF's 2008 Ford Escape....I can't remember if it has a new battery.... oh dear....!

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

The battery crapped out on my '07 in 3 years. I am going into the dealership with my '12 today because the battery is leaking. It is only 2 years long. On another note maybe they'll finally fix the non wotking gas lid this time around. :spin:
---

• 2 weeks later...
Just replaced the battery in my 09 Spec B, car has 54,000 miles. I was cranking slow in cold weather. Installed a 625CCA Max Everstart. $104.00

84,000 miles and 9 years on what appeared to be the original. Got mine replaced under a 12 month 12,000 mile certified pre-owned warranty :-) Wasn't really dead, but everything I complained about got replaced... so I complained about the slow cranking and they diagnosed it as below spec :-)

Archived