LegacyGT.com

How long did your OEM battery last?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My OEM battery lasted until beginning of this year (2005-2012), I parted out a wrecked 08STI, so I took that battery and put it in my car, but I will be getting a lithium battery next, probably from this guy

http://www.lithiummoto.com/

nice guy, easy to deal with, and amazing prices, a bit more than a regular battery for lithium weight.

Fudge, I just bought a battery for my wife's Miata today(My Autocross car) . If I would have known about this earlier I would pulled the trigger .Instead I spent $ 140 on a marginal O'reilly battery. Hawaii prices , not one battery on this island under $ 100

My OEM battery lasted until beginning of this year (2005-2012), I parted out a wrecked 08STI, so I took that battery and put it in my car, but I will be getting a lithium battery next, probably from this guy

nice guy, easy to deal with, and amazing prices, a bit more than a regular battery for lithium weight.

• Moderators

What size would you get there?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Mega Users

wait a second, what the hell is this. lithium in a car? why? someone elaborate, i need a damn sales pitch.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users
Its not awesome yet, but it will be in the near future. Lithium chemistries are getting cheaper every day and, in theory, you would never have to repalce a lithium starter battery.

should i invest?

I would suggest reading a bit on the site I posted, the technology has matured, and the battery that would suit our cars perfectly (street driving with amplified stereo) costs about 200$ from the lithium moto people, not that much more than a regular battery, you just need to make sure you don't let it totally discharge, or purchase the optional safety circuit, or a lithium battery charger. Braille is a name, or more actually a nice looking sticker, on whatever cheap battery the purchasing department can source, most of the braille "research" budget is market research, and has nothing to do with batteries.

I would suggest reading a bit on the site I posted, the technology has matured, and the battery that would suit our cars perfectly (street driving with amplified stereo) costs about 200$ from the lithium moto people, not that much more than a regular battery, you just need to make sure you don't let it totally discharge, or purchase the optional safety circuit, or a lithium battery charger. Braille is a name, or more actually a nice looking sticker, on whatever cheap battery the purchasing department can source, most of the braille "research" budget is market research, and has nothing to do with batteries.

Contrary to what you may believe, Braille makes very fine quality batteries. How did you learn so much about their business strategy being based around marketing? And a safety circuit with a lithium ion battery is a necessity.

lol

• Mega Users

Well, its twice as much as a regular battery:confused: My Costco Signature Series battery is going to cost me 85 bucks.

I mean, what really are the pros and cons?

Will it never need to be replaced?

I cant run my stereo without draining the battery for more than 30 minutes because its amplified. How long would that last with a lithium battery?

Generally batteries perform one simple task, which is starting the car.

Does it have any other benefit, besides the unique and cool factor of it?

the battery from the lithium moto guy weighs a little more than 3 pounds

many people have very long lives with them 5+ years, reading reviews of different batteries, and forum posts about different batteries on the GRM site, the going knowledge from last year was that braille was little more than fancy stickers or a bit of carbon on other lithium batteries

from the GRM forums-

"Brailles are DEKA batteries with stickers. Also, check the automotive section of Walmart - the "power sports" batteries for skidoos, motorbikes etc range in price from $35 to $60 - there shoudl be one with enough cranking amps to work for your application."

i know everything written on the interwebs should be taken with a grain of salt, but the lithium battery is probably the best value for weight reduction without any impact on drivability

A Kinetik (or SuperCell) can always be made to fit...lol...:lol:

You just might need the bigger hammer...and bungees...

:lol:

I actually need at least two of those as per MMATS specs, but I love torque too much. 120 lbs in the trunk would hurt a bit.. What car was that on your pic?

An 04 Dodge Stratus Coupe. No torque to begin with, lol, so a perfect candidate for a stereo comp car. Plus it had a good sized trunk and tuned at 44 htz...:spin:

:lol: 44Hz, that's definitely a good frequency for burping as well. Though I also have to say big subs in the OBXT sound pretty deep (tuned my box around 28Hz---> nice body massage).

Sorry guys for going a bit off topic..

Archived