LegacyGT.com

Switchblade/Flip Key

DocHolladay23

/revival

so does the 08 fob work on 05s? i want to get this working on a forester... we have the same fobs as 05 lgts (through 07 apparently).

ok it apparently does. is this the right PN? 57497AG35A

i thought i read on another thread that there was a $50something one we could use...

i'm trying to build into the honda flip fob.

EDIT: 5749AG48A works on a 05 Forester (non chipped).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doc, My key broke today :(. the back part of the key under the spring has stress fractures across from each side and full breaks 1/4 the way on each side. I just went to ebay and purchased a replacement fob, hopefully it comes in kinda quickly and I can transplant it easily enought.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I'm sorry to hear that :( make sure the one you bought on eBay says "Exclusive" on the back because there's one that looks just like it that it bigger. If so it should just be a couple little screws and you're done. If it doesn't work let me know, I might have some spare parts lying around and fix it for you. Out of curiosity, did you drop it or did it just break from normal use?

Doc, you did mention that you had some spare parts around. If you have the upper back piece, then that is the broken part on mine. If the one I ordered comes and it is incorrect or damaged, I will be asking you for help.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Hey guys, there's some talk over on IWSTI.com about key mods, and people had asked about a flip style key. The '08-09 STi fobs (pics below) look like the '05-06 LGT fobs.

What was the final (and best looking) flip shell that people decided on for the '05-06 LGT's? Is it the one in post 359 from DocHoliday?

For the record, here's the STi '08-09 key (yes I'm looking into buying an STi), this is a modded one, all into one piece key/fob (it's typically a key & a fob).

http://www.namelesshole.com/subaru/keymod1.jpg

http://www.namelesshole.com/subaru/keymod2.jpg

^I actually made that exact same thing before I tried the flip shell. It worked surprisingly well, but I just wanted it to be smaller in my pocket so I went for the flip style

Which style did you finally go with? The one in the post 359? Just so I don't have to dredge through 25 pages of stuff. :lol: And I'm guessing it's not as straight forward as the '08-09 LGT flip conversion? Thanks. :)

Just a heads up for everybody, I bought some more of the Hyundai shells from GiES store, they have the same model # (GiES600H) however, they are slightly longer and thinner and I wasn't able to get the buttons to line up as well and feel solid. If anyone is looking at ordering/making these be aware that the new version is a little harder to work with, I would suggest looking for the shells that say "Exclusive" on the back, that's the original shell and it works great. As it stands I'm not making any more, I might start up again in the summer if I get a few people that want them.

Ok, so from what I can gather from posts over the past 4-5 pages, it seems model GiES600H is the model number to try. I'll have to go see if you mention how to transfer everything over (or if you were just having people send you the stuff and you do it for a fee).

where can we get the one that says exclusive, the one i have does't say it but the picture on Ebay did.

FWIW.. the one I have without exclusive does work, it took alot of adjustment, but it works day to day. the only prob i have with it is the plastic guide track inisde the flip mechanism is wearing quickly causing the key blade to have a bit of play in it. any problem like this with the exclusive marked fob?

Yeah I was able to get them to work as well, the problem I had with them is it took more time to to adjust to get everything working and they just didn't feel as sturdy. Mine has a bit of play but I think it's because I didn't tighten the screws all the way due to fear of stripping them.

now that worries me. I ordered one that had exclusive in the pictures. If I get the wrong one, i will be a little pissed.1

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Not sure. For me, I just had a compleatly metal key (no plastic at all) cut and took out the dremell and cut it down to size and cut in the notch. Was quite easy.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm too lazy to go look through the thread.

Where are you guys getting the keys cut? Any local locksmith?

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm too lazy to go look through the thread.

Where are you guys getting the keys cut? Any local locksmith?

I took my OEM key to Lowe's, and had a generic spare key made (should cost you $1 or so). THEN, you need to cut it down to fit the shoulder of the flip key (using a dremel). That's how I did it. Others may have done it differently.

Archived