LegacyGT.com

Switchblade/Flip Key

DocHolladay23

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there typically enough metal to work with on the 05-07 keys to work them down to fitting the flip key? Don't really feel like getting a blank made since I had to sacrifice a key anyways to get the transponder

Here is my set up:

-- 06 Key

-- 08 Remote/fob

-- Honda flip

• 2 weeks later...

finally got my flip case (Ordered the 7th, arrived the 26th), long shipping is no joke. Anyone else feel like the flip action is slow compaired to an audi or acura key?

Anyways, hopefully I can finish this up in the next day or two. Just need to get a long blank cut to fit into this flip case and put all the parts together.

finally got my flip case (Ordered the 7th, arrived the 26th), long shipping is no joke. Anyone else feel like the flip action is slow compaired to an audi or acura key?

Anyways, hopefully I can finish this up in the next day or two. Just need to get a long blank cut to fit into this flip case and put all the parts together.

what case did you get?

I got one of the origonal ones the DocHoliday did and it broke (cheep plastic). I just ordered a replacement that the pictures had the exclusive on the back, but the one I got didn't. It is just a little longer. I think I can make it work just fine. I have to take some time and fiddle with it more.

One thing you might try is wind the spring one more turn. That should make it flip a lot faster and harder.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I went to my local Ace hardware and they cut me a key on a all metal key. it cost me about $2 to get it cut. I then took out the dremel and cut the key to fit into the flip fob.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

what case did you get?

I have the 08 case for the honda key. How do you put this thing back together to make it work correctly? I took it all apart to test fit everything, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get it back correctly so it will flip.

I have the 08 case for the honda key. How do you put this thing back together to make it work correctly? I took it all apart to test fit everything, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get it back correctly so it will flip.

I did. Not get mine yet but I will do a write up on how to do it

its pretty easy to do.

Make sure the remote part and immobilizer are in the bottom part of the case.

Assemble the swivel mechanism (button, arm&holder, and the spring)

then just put it all in place, and grab the whole arm and turn counter clockwise twice.

then quickly use the top half to seal.

Hold on tight while screwing in,

If anyone else has the same problem as me and breaks the pin here is a solution.

Go to Home Depot and near the drawers of bolts, nuts, automotive fasteners, ect; there is a drawer for "Tension Pins". Grab yourself the 1/16" x 1/2" pins. Come 2 to a bag and are like .49 cents or something like that. They are a little long so once you put them in you will need to trim it once you put it in.

Worked perfectly.

If anyone else has the same problem as me and breaks the pin here is a solution.

Go to Home Depot and near the drawers of bolts, nuts, automotive fasteners, ect; there is a drawer for "Tension Pins". Grab yourself the 1/16" x 1/2" pins. Come 2 to a bag and are like .49 cents or something like that. They are a little long so once you put them in you will need to trim it once you put it in.

Work perfectly.

Good to know thanks!

So I read the first 16 pages searching for this answer and gave up (probably was there and never even noticed) Which model did Doc use, GiES 600 H/HE/HS...etc??? I think I want to try this out but just want to make sure Im starting with the right stuff.

Archived