LegacyGT.com

So I just picked up one of these....Subaru Front LSD

whitetiger

hey Tonic,

your 05 has male axles. 26mm (dia) 349.6mm (long)

my 07 B has male axles as well. Interestingly enough, the 07 GT (5MT) and B (6MT) share the same front axles, according to the FSM. Both are 26mm (dia) and 332.5mm (long).

edit: Bbc84, that MFactory unit looks and sounds very interesting. That's a pretty killer price too. I like how he specifies it is NOT Chinese steel....that's key in my book.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just drove my other mostly stock LGT (got it out of storage, not driven in winter). OMG, I can't believe how less surefooted the car with front open diff is!!! Front LSD ftw. It's becoming my favorite mod ever, too.

I have a OEM 06 STI helical diff....and I am not worried at all about it. MFactory says they're using Australian steel vs. Chinese....a wise choice from the start in my book.

I don't know MFactory's reputation for other parts. Me? I'd be asking people who have purchased other MFactory bits and getting their experiences from customer service to how the parts have stood use AND abuse.

It is a killer mod....but if you're really concerned with the $400 and want to sleep at night....if you CAN'T wait to get one in, go OEM and bite the bullet, knowing that you have OEM quality.

Or, if you have time, do the research and maybe, just maybe MFactory will come out as the deal to bite into.

I know at under $400 for my front LSD (part price alone, since it had 3200 miles on it) I couldn't say no.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I know. That is why I want it.

So you say you are happy with your Subaru made LSD ? Damn the price...the 400 dollar difference is the cost of labor.

Well I have OEM STI front LSD in SpecB's 6-speed. Yeah, the labor is costly. The stocker costs ~$500, the total with labor was ~$900 for me - with the tranny already out of the car.

Well I have OEM STI front LSD in SpecB's 6-speed. Yeah, the labor is costly. The stocker costs ~$500, the total with labor was ~$900 for me - with the tranny already out of the car.

Do you have the part# for the diff that fits the Spec.b 6speed?

Where did you buy it?

Or what year STI front diff?

I'm kinda interested in adding a helical/torsen front (that's what the sti uses, correct?).

I have the part # somwhere. I bought it from Rallispec who installed it for me. Any 05-09 STI front diff will fit (same thing). 04 STI would fit also I think, but it's Suretrac, not helical. Similar in function, more complex and less smooth in operation. Also doesn't last as long as helical/Torsen.

Brian (BBC84) pm me your number. I stopped by today at DS1 MoSpo and talked to them about the front diffie. It is a beautiful piece of...metal; got a quote in writing. Just unsure about MFactory though they seem to be widespread in the world.

• 4 weeks later...

here is an update. Now i wont say this is totally due to the diff. alot of it is driving and overall car setup, but i never was able to do it before i got the diff installed.

I WON MY 1ST AUTOX. I got 1st overall out of 112 cars.

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/NNJRSCCA/4252009_pax.htm

my car is becomming an autox MONSTER!!!

Archived