LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport & ECUTek Info LOOK HERE FIRST!

SUBE555

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reflashed my Leg with 93, 1.15 last night and it made a nice difference. Noted an increased snap in 1st and 2nd gear but there is more of a noted difference in 3rd and 4th gear where the boost can build and the hp takes over (weight, wind resistance, gearing ect where HP will make the real difference). Has definately increased the fun factor in the car. Jon (TDC), I'll be making an appointment with you in the near future to see if any more tuning can be done to the accessport.......and don't forget about my Miata Spyder......it's feeling a little left out that the new ride is getting the toys......Spyder is smelling a turbo in its future......

About the gas mileage with accessport; mine will suffer for sure as my foot just got a lot heavier and my smile got bigger........

Ranks high as one of the best 6 bills I've spent.....

Reflashed my Leg with 93, 1.15 last night and it made a nice difference. Noted an increased snap in 1st and 2nd gear but there is more of a noted difference in 3rd and 4th gear where the boost can build and the hp takes over (weight, wind resistance, gearing ect where HP will make the real difference). Has definately increased the fun factor in the car. Jon (TDC), I'll be making an appointment with you in the near future to see if any more tuning can be done to the accessport.......and don't forget about my Miata Spyder......it's feeling a little left out that the new ride is getting the toys......Spyder is smelling a turbo in its future......

About the gas mileage with accessport; mine will suffer for sure as my foot just got a lot heavier and my smile got bigger........

Ranks high as one of the best 6 bills I've spent.....

Amen..........we've had this gas mileage conversation in the past, I'm not tunin' the piss out of my car to get "good gas mileage" either Max, I just don't see the point in spending thousands to juice it up, then hope that we can eek a 1-2 more mpg's out of 'em. But that's my 2 centz.

AP Stage II, Crucial Racing Uppipe(backorder), Stromung DP, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Piaa FR-S Wheels, Nitto Neo-Gens.

OK GUYS...

Quit getting on the guys case who was asking about economy maps. Ii drive for a living and when I have my SUPER long drive it would be nice to average 30+ miles to the gallon or get another 75-100 miles per tank if possible. I would load up that RT map in a hurry.

I'd also like a good valet map to have pre-loaded and ready to go in case I ever needed to leave my car at a tire shop or dealership for somem sort of service that I wasn't doing myself.

Of course... the firs time you put the economy map on some porsche will drive up on you and want a piece and all you'll be able to say is... "I get better gas mileage than you do." HA HA!!!!

OK GUYS...

Quit getting on the guys case who was asking about economy maps. Ii drive for a living and when I have my SUPER long drive it would be nice to average 30+ miles to the gallon or get another 75-100 miles per tank if possible. I would load up that RT map in a hurry.

I'd also like a good valet map to have pre-loaded and ready to go in case I ever needed to leave my car at a tire shop or dealership for somem sort of service that I wasn't doing myself.

Of course... the firs time you put the economy map on some porsche will drive up on you and want a piece and all you'll be able to say is... "I get better gas mileage than you do." HA HA!!!!

No one here says you shouldn't use the other maps, just that we've tried the gas mileage map......I don't think your going to see over 30 mpg on your legacy gt b spec, IMHO, I don't even think you'll see a true 25, but if so, AMEN......but you sure can try! Makes car feel wimpy and sluggish and with my experience didn't reap the benefits one might expect. So....with that said....I'm Stage 2 till I need to go to dealer. Then I'll be stock......then back to stage 2. The Valet map....GOOD DEAL. Gas mileage map>:argue: Not worth fooling with...IMHO. No one here says you shouldn't use, merely states the numerous reasons why your not going to gain as much as you might think. And the point that most members make is that, we buy all this aftermarket crap to make ol' subaroy faster, so why bother with economy.

Main Entry: fo·rum http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif

Pronunciation: 'fOr-&m, 'for-

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural forums also fo·ra http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif /-&/

Etymology: Latin; akin to Latin foris outside, fores door -- more at DOOR

1 a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper) of open discussion or expression of ideas

2 : a judicial body or assembly : COURT

3 a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

Well I average 24mpg with each tanks and on road trips I get as much as 28. The best way I could see to increase fuel economy is to add a 6th gear that gives us an RPM around 2500. That would be nice.

Tundwgn,

When you said you go stock when you go to the dealership does that mean you use a "STOCK" RT map or do you unmarry the AP and take it in?

If I ever had a significant problem under warranty I would think of unmarrying the thing because often times the dealerships diagnosis is "REPLACE THE ECU" that would be a bad thing if it was married to the AP.

So what do you do?

ha! i would just love to average 20 mpg! i drive all the time, mostly city. stop and go, stop and go.... if i get an avg of 20 mpg, i'm pretty darn happy! actually, if i get an avg of 18 mpg, i'm ecstatic! :p
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

ha! i would just love to average 20 mpg! i drive all the time, mostly city. stop and go, stop and go.... if i get an avg of 20 mpg, i'm pretty darn happy! actually, if i get an avg of 18 mpg, i'm ecstatic! :p

Ditto

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

Posted this in the other thread asking about the Cobb Economy map...

Eco map stuff

On the same route, driving the exact same way, at the same speeds, I see about 2-3 mpg greater with the Eco map. That is from a Stg 1 TDC E-tune to the Cobb Eco map. I should be Stg 2 soon w/ haders, and I expect it will be even better than.

Winter Gas, TDC Stg 1 cruising at 75 is 24ish, measured, Cobb Eco Map is 26ish measured.

With the up/dp and headers, the engine will be more efficient and will have more power even out of boost. This WILL translate into better mileage. Especially with the Economy map...

Ted

:spin:

Well I average 24mpg with each tanks and on road trips I get as much as 28. The best way I could see to increase fuel economy is to add a 6th gear that gives us an RPM around 2500. That would be nice.

Tundwgn,

When you said you go stock when you go to the dealership does that mean you use a "STOCK" RT map or do you unmarry the AP and take it in?

If I ever had a significant problem under warranty I would think of unmarrying the thing because often times the dealerships diagnosis is "REPLACE THE ECU" that would be a bad thing if it was married to the AP.

So what do you do?

I just hope that I don't have to take mine to dealer for anything ever. I have seperation anxiety when my baby is not under my direct care. So I just hope that I've gotten a reliable car that doesn't need any crappy dealer care. But yes....Unmarrying would be the only way to go if one had to go to dealer I suppose. On Trip A computer I've not reset in let's say 4500 miles and I've averaged roughly 20.1 MPG, that's varied driving. Sometimes I shove pedal through floor and sometimes I drive like a grandma. You must be driving Ms. Daisy if you are gettin' that good of Gas Mileage. In that case you may see 30, but I'm still up on my high horse about sinkin' all my hard earned money into makin' it go faster, ain't no way I'm tryin' to get good gas mileage. I don't care if it's $5.00 a gallon, which at current rate, it may very well be. I'm always gonna be ready for that wimpy 5.0 liter or gay camaro. Or whatever bubba tries to match up his american "muscle" against my quaint little wagon.

I just hope that I don't have to take mine to dealer for anything ever. I have seperation anxiety when my baby is not under my direct care. So I just hope that I've gotten a reliable car that doesn't need any crappy dealer care. But yes....Unmarrying would be the only way to go if one had to go to dealer I suppose. On Trip A computer I've not reset in let's say 4500 miles and I've averaged roughly 20.1 MPG, that's varied driving. Sometimes I shove pedal through floor and sometimes I drive like a grandma. You must be driving Ms. Daisy if you are gettin' that good of Gas Mileage. In that case you may see 30, but I'm still up on my high horse about sinkin' all my hard earned money into makin' it go faster, ain't no way I'm tryin' to get good gas mileage. I don't care if it's $5.00 a gallon, which at current rate, it may very well be. I'm always gonna be ready for that wimpy 5.0 liter or gay camaro. Or whatever bubba tries to match up his american "muscle" against my quaint little wagon.

Nope I don't drive like Grandma but I do make long business trips on a regular basis. Today for example I used a tank of gas and I acheived 24.6 which has been my average for most driving. Unless I hang out in the city streets all week I'll get 22-25.

I push the pedal to the floor very often! I can't wait till I install my stage 2 supplies. :)

Oh.. and if all I'm going to see is about 2MPG then it ain't worth it. I'll never use the ECONO map. NEVER!

:icon_bigg

• 2 weeks later...
... and noticed my car "come alive" !!!!! :icon_tong I know there's discussion on Stage 2, but just to make sure my feeble mind gets it, Stage 2 requires only an up pipe and down pipe replacement ... correct ???? My only concern is NY State's new inspection policy and the affect Stage 2 might have on inspections (emission in particular). Any input ??? Thx.

I just hope that I don't have to take mine to dealer for anything ever. I have seperation anxiety when my baby is not under my direct care. So I just hope that I've gotten a reliable car that doesn't need any crappy dealer care. But yes....Unmarrying would be the only way to go if one had to go to dealer I suppose.

Pardon my naivete - Question - if you are running stage 2 with an up, dp and resistor fix and you unmarry the AP (which prevents cels), will you trigger a cel without the AP but with the up and dp?

I'm assuming not because this seems to be what most folks do when they go in to Subaru for servicing, correct?

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Pardon my naivete - Question - if you are running stage 2 with an up, dp and resistor fix and you unmarry the AP (which prevents cels), will you trigger a cel without the AP but with the up and dp?

I'm assuming not because this seems to be what most folks do when they go in to Subaru for servicing, correct?

The resistor will still be in place, so it's lying to the computer all the time, this should prevent cel even w/o the AP married to car. Resistor's will restrict the flow of electric current regardless. That's no guarantee that car won't throw a CEL, but probably won't.

^ The UP resistor will still take care of the UP's "missing" EGT - but you *_might_* throw a rear O2/cat related code due to the unmarried AP.

Whether or not you'll throw the code, how long it takes before your car throws it, or which (or which of the combination of) of the two or three codes that is most typically seen? That's vehicle and mod-specific, and varies with each unique and individual case.

-----

raloi - Per Cobb Tuning's own AccessPORT FAQ ( which I again urge EVERY AccessPORT newbie to read at least twice :) ), no - all you "need" for "Stage II" is an aftermarket DP. Shorty with stock cat, shorty w/test-pipe, shorty w/aftermarket HFC, full-length uncatted, or full-length with aftermarket HFC; it doesn't matter, just a DP. ;) However, you will not "optimize" your power gains without a full turbo-back system (i.e. the combination of a DP plus cat-back, aka "full TBE").

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I finally went and done it.......I ordered a new AP from Jon @ TDC! :icon_bigg

(With the GOOD maps!) :icon_surp

Boy am I gonna be in the dog house for awhile! I have some 18" Enkei wheels & Falkin Tires on the way, new AP from TDC on order, and I'm waiting to be called to get my windows tinted. The wifey won't be happy, but I will be everytime I drive my car. :icon_bigg

Time to get some flowers...maybe two bundles this time...:icon_tong

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Looks like you better just hope the dealer doesn't care about the AP!

Unless I take mine in for an engine-related issue, I'll leave it alone. I left it alone when it went in for the rear wheel bearing and other minor stuff a couple of weeks ago.

I'll also leave it alone when it goes into the bodyshop for the recent parking lot mishap (ouch!!!)

Ron

Unless I take mine in for an engine-related issue, I'll leave it alone. I left it alone when it went in for the rear wheel bearing and other minor stuff a couple of weeks ago.

I'll also leave it alone when it goes into the bodyshop for the recent parking lot mishap (ouch!!!)

I'm thinking of doing the same. I'd rather not take a chance on a cel if it is going in for something other than an engine related issue.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I'm trying to tune my car with the AP. With the car off, I plugged in the green connectors under the passenger side dash. I then turned the car to on , and the fans go crazy like it's in test mode, but I am NOT getting the "flashing" check engine light, as per the manual. It is solidily lit. My question is this normal on a 06 lgt, or do I need to try to find another set of test connectors as per the manual?

Thanks!

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

I'm trying to tune my car with the AP. With the car off, I plugged in the green connectors under the passenger side dash. I then turned the car to on , and the fans go crazy like it's in test mode, but I am NOT getting the "flashing" check engine light, as per the manual. It is solidily lit. My question is this normal on a 06 lgt, or do I need to try to find another set of test connectors as per the manual?

Thanks!

i don't mean to sound like a dick.. but this has been covered so many times... search a bit.

i don't think the check engine light FLASHED for anyone.. so to answer your question... yes, it's normal.